ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Recruit

CuredbywinningRU

All American
Sep 25, 2002
Please forgive this non-football post. After being a close follower of virtually all RU sports since I graduated many years ago, I was very excited earlier today when my daughter (rising senior) received an email from a Rutgers coach expressing some preliminary interest in her as a recruit in her sport. It is of course a very preliminary thing and a long way from an offer, but it was an emotional "coming full circle" moment for this Scarlet Knight devotee. I remember so well how excited she was when she was six years old and we were up from Florida for the 2004 Michigan State game and ran into Brian Leonard (who, not surprisingly, was very gracious) near his apartment on the day before that win. The years fly by. Thanks for indulging me this moment.

Last edited:
Please forgive this non-football post. After being a close follower of virtually all RU sports since I graduated many years ago, I was very excited earlier today when my daughter (rising senior) received an email from a Rutgers coach expressing some preliminary interest in her as a recruit in her sport. It is of course a very preliminary thing and a long way from an offer, but it was an emotional "coming full circle" moment for this Scarlet Knight devotee. I remember so well how excited she was when she was six years old and we were up from Florida for the 2004 Michigan State game and ran into Brian Leonard (who, not surprisingly, was very gracious) near his apartment on the day before that win. The years fly by. Thanks for indulging me this moment.
Having known cured's daughter since she was a baby, watching her grow in to the beautiful woman and athlete she has become (not to forget that she is a very good student), the Arthrodoc family is so proud theat she has gotten the recognition she so deserves from our beloved alma mater. We wish her and her family all the best as she makes her decision as to where she will study in the future.

Newell - the sport is tennis. Thanks, Arthrodoc (whose very talented daughter is an RU grad along with her Dad!) and everyone else very much for all the kind sentiments.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArthrodocRC72
That's really cool how things come full circle like that. Sounds like you raised a good kid.

THis is awesome. I have two daughters 7 and 10 who are Rutgers fans now and I would love for them to go to Rutgers on some kind of scholarship. Even if it was academic instead of athletic, I would be ecstatic.

You should be very proud of her!

Reactions: CuredbywinningRU
I have spent the past fifteen plus years living and working overseas. I got married over here, and have three children born in three different countries. We live in Hong Kong, which, other than Singapore, has the best education system in all of Asia.

Yet where is it that I dream about having my children go for their higher education, even if it means being separated by being half a world away? None other than my Alma Mater, the number thirty three ranked university in the world.

Rutgers Pride!

Reactions: redking
hat
KaKaKen:

What a totally uncalled for comment you made. I normally wouldn't respond to someone as disrespectful as you but as you do not know Curedby or his family, let me just say that we often talk about putting your money where your mouth is, well he does just that. He is and has always been one of the most strident supporters of RU as I have ever met. A true supporter doesn't only point out what is right but must also disagree when it's felt necessary even when he knows people on this board will only denigrate him. I am privaleged to know the real man (and his brother!). I know that should I ever have a problem and need a friend he would be there. Rutgers couldn't ask for a more loyal supporter.
I know Cured as well as he knows Coach Flood. Coach Flood has a family too. In fact, did you read the article about Coach Flood that was linked here today? Well Cured bashes that good and decent man almost non-stop.

Reactions: Abro1975
This was in the Flood thread talking about that article
QUOTE="CuredbywinningRU, post: 282414, member: 882"]I don't think that there is a single person on this board who doesn't think that KF is an extremely high quality individual and a role model on many levels.[/QUOTE]

I might disagree with Cured on many issues agree with him on others , but in this thread and the Flood one, Cured deserves respect, even if
someone showing little class doesn't want to show it.

But this thread is about ( hopefully) a future RU Tennis player, hope it stays that way so in the near future we'll be talking about how RU Tennis has a Cure [banana]:cool2:[jumpingsmile]

This was in the Flood thread talking about that article
QUOTE="CuredbywinningRU, post: 282414, member: 882"]I don't think that there is a single person on this board who doesn't think that KF is an extremely high quality individual and a role model on many levels.

I might disagree with Cured on many issues agree with him on others , but in this thread and the Flood one, Cured deserves respect, even if
someone showing little class doesn't want to show it.

But this thread is about ( hopefully) a future RU Tennis player, hope it stays that way so in the near future we'll be talking about how RU Tennis has a Cure [banana]:cool2:[jumpingsmile][/QUOTE]

Thanks, Arthrodoc and Madhat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Local Shill
Here we go again, another recruit that every P5 passes on except us. This will not get it done.
This is no way to build a program unless you're in the Patriot League.

Reactions: JQRU91
Congratulation curedby enjoy this father's day gift given to you by dear Ole Rutgers. The third proudest day was when my daughter got accepted to Rutgers College the second best day was when she accepted. the best day was when she graduated from Rutgers.
May you have such a trio of joyful days ahead

I hope she comes and brings a nice car and shows someone up :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Congrats, Cured! I love hearing things like that. Good luck to her.

I was actually thinking about something similar to that not too long ago - what would happen if a longtime poster's kid was someday recruited by Rutgers for football or basketball. Would that poster "out" themselves and if so how would he be treated?

I know we've had a several posters like Kevin Haslam's stepdad who became active members once their son got to RU and after their career here was over. Those situations are a bit different, though,

Congrats Cured! Great story. I feel some similar excitement, as my son decided to transfer to Rutgers for his senior year from the New School in NYC. Helped him move into a house right by Douglass, with some friends and he's taking summer classes and loving it. Wished he had started there, lol, as it would have saved us some money, but better late than never. Have gotten to see his band at the Court Tavern twice now, which is also pretty cool.

I know Cured as well as he knows Coach Flood. Coach Flood has a family too. In fact, did you read the article about Coach Flood that was linked here today? Well Cured bashes that good and decent man almost non-stop.

Kaka - since you go off topic - I agree that the article you refer to is a great article about Coach Flood and I am sure that Cured would love for his daughter to be coached by a good and decent man like Coach Flood......but, how does this apply to this post about him being proud of his daughter? You are a classless jerk and I am happy to add you to my Ignore list......MG

Kaka - since you go off topic - I agree that the article you refer to is a great article about Coach Flood and I am sure that Cured would love for his daughter to be coached by a good and decent man like Coach Flood......but, how does this apply to this post about him being proud of his daughter? You are a classless jerk and I am happy to add you to my Ignore list......MG

Since you (KaKa) digress.......although I am sure that cured believes that Coach flood is a good and decent man, I am ok to respect Cured's right to his opinion that nice guys don't always make great coaches and that Rutgers will never breakout as long as he is the coach (I disagree with his opinion by the way). Although years of being a diehard RU fan has made Cured passionate and sound sometimes as not so optomistic, I am also sure that Cured would be happy to eat His words and be happier than any of us if Coach Flood continues to develop as a coach.

In my haste to reply to KaKa, I forgot the most important thing....Congrats to your daughter CuredBywinningRU! You are clearly proud and of course I hope she chooses RU!

Reactions: CuredbywinningRU
I didn't go off topic-someone deleted my original post, probably at the request of Cured.
Cured not only runs down Coach Flood, he regularly runs down players who have actually committed.
If a commit doesn't have 5+ offers from P5 schools, Cured starts his usual nonsense and actually states Coach Flood can't recruit + insinuates the commit can't play at a top level. How would you like to be a commit or a member of a commit's family,come onto this board to see the fans reaction & then have to read Cured's canned response?
Why not apply the same standard to Cured's daughter that he applies to other commits? We need BIG10 tennis players with several offers, not just anybody who receives a preliminary email. [Of course I don't actually mean that;I don't run down anyone who commits to RU]
A few of you seem to be insinuating that Cured is a donor so he is above the criticism he dishes out. He better be a big donor to offset his "passionate" statements because his statements do a lot of damage.

My 10 year old softball playing daughter just received a signed color poster from the entire RU women's softball team. It went directly on to her wall and they now have a new favorite fan.

Touche'

Newell - the sport is tennis. Thanks, Arthrodoc (whose very talented daughter is an RU grad along with her Dad!) and everyone else very much for all the kind sentiments.
I know how you feel about your daughter .I have 2 daughters,now grown women,and I LOVE them just as much as when they were little girls. Their forms have changed but their essence remains treasured in my heart forever.

ADVERTISEMENT