ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers University to require vaccinations for all employees, sets December deadline

Rutgers would have established a mandate for faculty and staff in the first place except that it was afraid the unions would resist or ask for something in return. In effect, Rutgers is now being requiredby the President's Executive Order to do something it wanted to do all along. Note, by the way, that the story says that religious and medical exemptions are available.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Rutgers would have established a mandate for faculty and staff in the first place except that it was afraid the unions would resist or ask for something in return. In effect, Rutgers is now being requiredby the President's Executive Order to do something it wanted to do all along. Note, by the way, that the story says that religious and medical exemptions are available.
I’m curious, what religions prohibit vaccines? … and are they really religions or more like cults? I’ve never heard of a religion that prohibits vaccines, except Christian scientists, but they are neither scientist nor Christians.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
I’m curious, what religions prohibit vaccines? … and are they really religions or more like cults? I’ve never heard of a religion that prohibits vaccines, except Christian scientists, but they are neither scientist nor Christians.
Christian Scientists do not have a firm position on vaccination, either in general or on Covid. I do know that Jehovah's Witnesses oppose vaccination. Maybe you think that's a cult, but the distinction between a cult and a religion is largely in the eye of the beholder. Keep in mind that one doesn't have to be a member of an established religion to get a religious exemption, nor does one have to show that his or her religion opposes vaccination . For instance, a Catholic could get an exemption even though the Catholic Church says that people should get vaccinated. All that's necessary is that the applicant shows he has a sincere objection based on religious belief. I don't know, and wish I knew, what percentage of applicants for religious exemptions are getting them. Those who are judging applications ask questions like, "do you object to other vaccinations? If not, what is it about this one that you think especially offends your religious belief?"

Last edited:
Reactions: ElmiraExpress

None, it's just a fabrication. For example, the Pope clearly says everyone should be vaccinated, he is supposed to be infallible if you are a believer, but yet the Wazzu coach is claiming he was fired because he was Catholic, even though he asked a Wazzu immunologist about Bill Gates being behind the vaccine. Not a word about fetus tissue or anything else.

Like much of what we see in other spheres, religion is code for political belief. We see this with many other things the Pope has said about other issues go ignored or downright contradicted when it went against the one Dear Leader that a certain subset of Americans do find infallible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT