ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Women's Basketball to Host No. 4/3 Iowa on Friday in Front of Sold Out Crowd

This game is all about Caitlin Clark.

You can't judge visiting crowds tonight.
yes, you absolutely can “judge” and It was disgusting. Called it a month ago. That’s what a disgrace our women’s basketball program has become thx to CVS doing absolutely nothing but collecting a paycheck her last decade.

I’m
CVS kept it going, but because of lack of administration support winning seasons weren't as great as before
Is this running the program into the ground
2014–15Rutgers23–1012–6T–4thNCAA Division I Second Round
2015–16Rutgers19–157–9T–9thWNIT Second Round
2016–17Rutgers6–243–13T–11th
2017–18Rutgers20–127–9T–9th
2018–19Rutgers22–1013–53rdNCAA Division I First Round
2019–20Rutgers22–911–7T–5thCanceled due to COVID-19
2020–21Rutgers14–510–33rdNCAA Division I First Round
the 2021-2022 season was a bad one 11-20 >3-14 that was charged to CVS but Tim Eatman was interim HC that year because Vivian took a leave of absence for the whole year

What can be attributed to Stringer is not retiring when her health wouldn't permit her to do the job.
C. Vivian Stringer, like many other successful HCs, just couldn't grasp the fact that her time had come to leave coaching because she wasn't up to coaching her best anymore.
That hurt the program because the year she took a leave of absence no one knew if she would /could return and recruiting suffered .
But your constant implying Rutgers sucked while she was HS is just BS that you try to spread because you've disliked her for years and like to imply her teams were losers .

Also just like this year, the past couple of years , maybe longer, this board could expect to see you posting complaints regularly after loses or something bad happened, but see you post praise only occasionally when the team won or something good for the program became known.

You don't seem to consider RU MBB in such a bad light , maybe it's a dislike women's sports that is really your problem with the RU WBB program
2016–17Rutgers15–183–1514th
2017–18Rutgers15–193–1514th
2018–19Rutgers14–177–13T–10th
2019–20Rutgers20–1111–9T–5thNCAA Division I Canceled
2020–21Rutgers16–1210–10T–6thNCAA Division I Round of 32
2021–22Rutgers18–1412–8T–4thNCAA Division I First Four
2022–23Rutgers19–1510–10T–9thNIT First Round
2023–24Rutgers8–50–2
Rutgers:125–111 (.530)56–82 (.406)
oh, now we’re blaming the administration? Comical.

You keep saying that some of us only post when bad things happen. Gee, maybe there’s a reason for that? Tell me when the last time was something good happen with this program? I’ll be waiting lol!

I’m

oh, now we’re blaming the administration? Comical.

You keep saying that some of us only post when bad things happen. Gee, maybe there’s a reason for that? Tell me when the last time was something good happen with this program? I’ll be waiting lol!
and the real reason is:
WBB isn't a program you root for and it's been a winning one for years until recently..
i don't wonder why some mainly post complaints after loses and only occasionally post after wins.
They are bandwagon fans and really don't care for the program r they would admit the RU WBB program has had mainly winning records and only when Eatman took over did the team start losing.
As for your: "oh, now we’re blaming the administration? Comical." BS
lack of support is the reason RU MBB and RU FB had problems
Now more support has come, but for RU FB & MBB that lack of support resulted in losing seasons , while the RU WBB program stayed a winner, but not as good as a program as it once was.
Seems like some like to ignore that fact and act like the R WBB program received full support while the MBB & FB programs were left to starve
Don't try to make excuses for not liking RU WBB, your excuse for that is easily seen as the BS it is..

If you complained you were disappointed the RU WBB program didn't maintain it's top program standers of years ago, then I could agree and feel you really cared.
But acting like the WBB program has been a loser for years only proves your so-called fanhood and caring about the WBB program is BS
Check the record ( conviently posted in this thread) and see how wrong you are when acting like the program sucked for years.
True fans know it didn't suck, it just didn't match the type of program it was years ago and wasn't living up to the expectitations of retirning to the type of program it was during irs glory days.

You ignore when good things happen so your complaints that imply the program has been a loser for a long time liiks vailed when it's only a lie.
The program had been winning just about every year under CVS , but it hasn't been one of the better programs like it was once before

When you ask last time something good happened, I feel making the NCAA Tourney is a good thing.(last time was the 2020-21 season
But good things like that don't fit the omage of a bad program and making RU WBB look like it's been a loser for years is your agenda.
I call that agenda a bunch of BS

Last edited:
Reactions: hoquat63
yes, you absolutely can “judge” and It was disgusting. Called it a month ago. That’s what a disgrace our women’s basketball program has become thx to CVS doing absolutely nothing but collecting a paycheck her last decade.
PAYCHECK CHECK.
Not as good as back in the day, but CVS kept the program a winner while other programs were losing
2010–11Rutgers20–1311–54thNCAA Division I Second Round
2011–12Rutgers22–1010–66thNCAA Division I First Round
2012–13Rutgers16–147–9T–9th
Rutgers Scarlet Knights (American Athletic Conference) (2013–2014)​
2013–14Rutgers28–912–64thWNIT Champions
Rutgers Scarlet Knights (Big Ten Conference) (2014–2022)​
2014–15Rutgers23–1012–6T–4thNCAA Division I Second Round
2015–16Rutgers19–157–9T–9thWNIT Second Round
2016–17Rutgers6–243–13T–11th
2017–18Rutgers20–127–9T–9th
2018–19Rutgers22–1013–53rdNCAA Division I First Round
2019–20Rutgers22–911–7T–5thCanceled due to COVID-19
2020–21Rutgers14–510–33rdNCAA Division I First Round

It's hard to win in a tough conference like the BIG with young guards. Smikle once she returns is a difference maker. The FR Petticord and Thompson had nice offer lists including both offered by Iowa, and Huerter played tough all night. With Adams back for another year and a few recruits inside Rutgers could make a jump in the BIG next season.

Reactions: MADHAT1
and the real reason is:
WBB isn't a program you root for and it's been a winning one for years until recently..
i don't wonder why some mainly post complaints after loses and only occasionally post after wins.
They are bandwagon fans and really don't care for the program r they would admit the RU WBB program has had mainly winning records and only when Eatman took over did the team start losing.
As for your: "oh, now we’re blaming the administration? Comical." BS
lack of support is the reason RU MBB and RU FB had problems
Now more support has come, but for RU FB & MBB that lack of support resulted in losing seasons , while the RU WBB program stayed a winner, but not as good as a program as it once was.
Seems like some like to ignore that fact and act like the R WBB program received full support while the MBB & FB programs were left to starve
Don't try to make excuses for not liking RU WBB, your excuse for that is easily seen as the BS it is..

If you complained you were disappointed the RU WBB program didn't maintain it's top program standers of years ago, then I could agree and feel you really cared.
But acting like the WBB program has been a loser for years only proves your so-called fanhood and caring about the WBB program is BS
Check the record ( conviently posted in this thread) and see how wrong you are when acting like the program sucked for years.
True fans know it didn't suck, it just didn't match the type of program it was years ago and wasn't living up to the expectitations of retirning to the type of program it was during irs glory days.

You ignore when good things happen so your complaints that imply the program has been a loser for a long time liiks vailed when it's only a lie.
The program had been winning just about every year under CVS , but it hasn't been one of the better programs like it was once before

When you ask last time something good happened, I feel making the NCAA Tourney is a good thing.(last time was the 2020-21 season
But good things like that don't fit the omage of a bad program and making RU WBB look like it's been a loser for years is your agenda.
I call that agenda a bunch of BS
Blah blah bullshit. Once again, you know, nothing about me. I’ve followed this program since before I was even in school. I followed this team to Saint Joe’s to watch them win Atlantic 10 tournament titles. I’ve been to plenty of games. Shit somewhere at home. I have a T-shirt with double zero on it for Carolyn DeRousse!!!

Enough with your assumptions and stop laying the blame everywhere but where it belongs: CVS.

Say what you will , your body of work here makes me think the fan excuse you're giving doesn't justify the BS you post.
CVS' leave of absence and Eatman's coaching in her place did hurt the program.
But you've been on Stringer's case for years now, ignoring RU making the tourney and having winning seasons most years ( though 5 appearances of 10 eligible ones ) dies leave a little to be desired, but not enough to back up you implying over the years that RU WBB was a loser under CVS.

Just a guess:i you didn't post happiness over the latest commit to the team, you and others seem to ignore the good, but jump on the bad like a mad dog in a meat house .

edit: my sincere apologies about not posting happiness.
You did and probably did it before I started posting this reply to you
When I am wrong , especially when I'm accusing someone of something , I feel the right thing to do is admit I was wrong and apologize for that mistake.
Please accept my apology for accusing you of not speaking out about a great get for the team.

Disagreeing doesn't mean you can't be honest enough to admit when you ate wrong about something
Again I'm sorry to have made a claim that was false and hope my apology for doing so is accepted

Last edited:
Iowa, as a team, is obviously on another level than our team at this time. Being forced to play young guards against C. Clark makes that experience gap show up even more in the on-court result. As coach said, our young players need more time in the weight room to be able to be more effective on this level.

Many forgot that we had to play without, not only one, but two players that likely have a huge positive impact on us being more competitive throughout the game. The guard weakness was quickly recognized and exploited all game by Caitlin and the rest of Iowa's perimeter players. Our perimeter toughness was not even dressed for the game.

No doubt, Kaylene is a tough defender. As tough, if not even tougher than Kaylene is one, .......Awa Sidibe. Do they make us winners last night??,......not likely. But we definitely have a more competitive showing.

Put a fork in this thread with the news of our latest commit. And if the crowd Caitlin brought into the RAC helped Kiyomi envision what she can help build here at RU, ....last night's game was a HUGE victory.

Reactions: Esipos1 and MADHAT1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT