ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Women's Soccer at Princeton

374564668_796503829079314_8476427796017123886_n.jpg

Ugh, Lowry just missed two golden opportunities in the 87/88th minutes.

Relax. Entertaining game.
We are 1-1-2 with an AWUL loss and a BRUTAL tie (both in the 88th). Should be 3-0-1 right now. AWFUL start to the season if you’re looking at the schedule 2 weeks ago.

Calm down. I didn’t bash or blame her in any way, I simply stated a fact. I apologize for spelling her name wrong though.

Some of you are way too sensitive to handle being on a message board.
Like five or six different girls missed opportunities in the last three minutes, all I’m saying

We are 2-1-2 by the way. Overreact much.

They showed some moxie at the end of game on the road and almost pulled it out.
Was a really tough game. A lot of real good, hard, physical soccer. Sam makes a real difference when she is in there. Princeton was good.
Liv Bodmer had a great game in net all the way around.
Nalia is really growing. Had a good game.
We have a couple of spots where we are not getting much at all, ie, Vicari at wing & Post in the middle. Sam solves the middle when she can go full tilt. Would go with Girmin on the wing I think.
Came oh so close to putting it away a couple of times at the very end. Also missed an open net in the first half. Team is coming around. Go RU!

I didn't see Kylie Daigle in the box score. Hurt? Benched? Gone?

My bad. forgot about the Holy Cross match. STILL should be 4-0-1 (with the T vs Princeton) and still an bad start to the season IMHO. The Hofstra loss and NCState tie will very likely come back to haunt us in the end. Not good HOW we lost either of those games.

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
Didn't see you at the game?
You just DO NOT get it, do you? It's about RESULTS for this program. I didn't say anything whatsoever about HOW we played yesterday, did I? NOPE. Team should be 4-0-1 at worst right now. The 88th minute loss to Hofstra and 88th minute tie vs NCState will hurt us in the NCAA seedings. What do you NOT understand about this?

Great, the girls played better in the 2nd half last night, that's awesome! Still should've scored (first comments about "how we played").

Reactions: biazza38
We didn’t even receive a single bite in this week’s pill. NOT ONE. For that matter, neither did North Carolina State, Princeton, nor Hofstra. Yikes. Only to 29th in the RPI.

Wanna fix this mess??? BEAT GEORGETOWN at home Monday.

I didn't see Kylie Daigle in the box score. Hurt? Benched? Gone?
Didn't play. Don't know why.
Ema Misal had some game. She almost never loses a 1v1 battle--so strong on the ball & skilled as well. Sees the field & the play.
Kassidy Banks had another strong game--she appears to have really come into her own. Already mentioned Nalia's much improved play in another post. Emily Mason still likes the long pass out of the back, the great majority of which result in loss of possession. She needs to take the easier play unless the long pass is there.

Last edited:
Didn't play. Don't know why.
Ema Misal had some game. She almost never poses a 1v1 battle--so strong on the ball & skilled as well. Sees the field & the play.
Kassidt Banks had another strong game--she appears to have really come into her own. Already mentioned Nalia's much improved play in another post. Emily Mason still likes the long pass out of the back, the great majority of which result in loss of possession. She needs to take the easier play unless the long pass is there.
That long pass is the PDA way. My daughter played for PDA for 5 years and always seemed like that was a go to. And every team she played on was defense first. You can see it in the way Rutgers plays.

Reactions: Scarlettrooper
That long pass is the PDA way. My daughter played for PDA for 5 years and always seemed like that was a go to. And every team she played on was defense first. You can see it in the way Rutgers plays.
Which has its positives but, unfortunately, its negatives as well.

Which has its positives but, unfortunately, its negatives as well.
Need the athletes and speed to play the long ball. Not sure we have that. Would prefer more of a ball control scheme but not sure the coaches agree.

Need the athletes and speed to play the long ball. Not sure we have that. Would prefer more of a ball control scheme but not sure the coaches agree.
Bad it seems like the faster girls in Jersey might be leaving due to this (unfortunately). I remember even Big Ten championship game. I think it was 5 years ago against Minnesota, they looked faster than us, which I was completely shocked about. Lost due to lack of team speed.

Was a really tough game. A lot of real good, hard, physical soccer. Sam makes a real difference when she is in there. Princeton was good.
Liv Bodmer had a great game in net all the way around.
Nalia is really growing. Had a good game.
We have a couple of spots where we are not getting much at all, ie, Vicari at wing & Post in the middle. Sam solves the middle when she can go full tilt. Would go with Girmin on the wing I think.
Came oh so close to putting it away a couple of times at the very end. Also missed an open net in the first half. Team is coming around. Go RU!
Dad I missed the first half and only watched the second half and agree some girls are really coming on and yes we literally stole the game in the last two minutes but the second half before that final flurry was terrible Princeton easily out possessed us 75/25 and we had 1 shot on goal the whole half and that was a lazy shot from 35 yards
We had one set piece from about 30 yards out and we didn’t even kick the ball into the box we kicked it back mind blowing!!
This is all on the coaching as the schedule only gets tougher
One more thing we have generated only 1 corner kick in 3 games that’s a result of lack of possession and our girls always dribbling into the middle and not taking the ball down the sideline and getting the ball crossed again coaching 101

Dad I missed the first half and only watched the second half and agree some girls are really coming on and yes we literally stole the game in the last two minutes but the second half before that final flurry was terrible Princeton easily out possessed us 75/25 and we had 1 shot on goal the whole half and that was a lazy shot from 35 yards
We had one set piece from about 30 yards out and we didn’t even kick the ball into the box we kicked it back mind blowing!!
This is all on the coaching as the schedule only gets tougher
One more thing we have generated only 1 corner kick in 3 games that’s a result of lack of possession and our girls always dribbling into the middle and not taking the ball down the sideline and getting the ball crossed again coaching 101
Rich, no doubt we still have issues.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT