ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Women's Soccer vs. No. 4 Penn State

Sorry not directed to you but generally these threads are filled with comments on individuals and that was my thought
fair...

its so hard to comment honestly without it coming across as personal...which is why I try to caveat my criticisms...

I still support the team, go to games and root for them...and try to be respectful with the criticism

Sorry not directed to you but generally these threads are filled with comments on individuals and that was my thought
These are Division 1 collegiate athletes/adults....NOT HIGH SCHOOL CHILDREN....it is 100% OKAY to be critical when it is warranted. That doesn't mean you should be an asshole and bash these athletes - which too many do far too often and have forever - but criticism is part of the game (like it or not). That being said I don't recall anyone in this thread, or any of the threads this season, being a douche when it comes to discussing this team or any of its roster members.

Reactions: Scarlettrooper
These are Division 1 collegiate athletes/adults....NOT HIGH SCHOOL CHILDREN....it is 100% OKAY to be critical when it is warranted. That doesn't mean you should be an asshole and bash these athletes - which too many do far too often and have forever - but criticism is part of the game (like it or not). That being said I don't recall anyone in this thread, or any of the threads this season, being a douche when it comes to discussing this team or any of its roster members.
agree. i dont think I have seen that either.

but other sports...hmmm....LOL

agree. i dont think I have seen that either.

but other sports...hmmm....LOL
Yeah...I think everyone in this thread is pretty level-headed...then again the guy who was bashing the rest of us, for seeing the MAJOR ISSUES early on, hasn't bothered posting in it. Hmmmm...... 🍿

Yeah...I think everyone in this thread is pretty level-headed...then again the guy who was bashing the rest of us, for seeing the MAJOR ISSUES early on, hasn't bothered posting in it. Hmmmm...... 🍿
Perhaps I am too sensitive. I sit with some of these ladies parents
So if I offended…….. mea culpa

Dad we did up our intensity in the second half but the talent disparity is just too great. We still couldn’t string together passes in the attacking zone our spacing is terrible there basically is no one open for the girls to make passes even our goal was a great individual play by Sam.
Before the game started when the teams were lined up I said to my daughter look at the size difference between us and PSU
This all starts with recruiting and if we keep recruiting like this we are going to continue to be a mediocre team
One more thing I just remembered is one of the reasons we can’t keep possession is we are always trying to make a long pass which is a very low percentage play which often times leads to a turnover
Add more tomorrow
The PDA way - One more thing I just remembered is one of the reasons we can’t keep possession is we are always trying to make a long pass which is a very low percentage play which often times leads to a turnover

Team is playing 2000s U.S. soccer and does not seem to have evolved the game to 2020s where possessions are valued with quick strikes off of that. This is why this team is starting to remind me of the CVS and Reasso team declines.

Reactions: kupuna133
The PDA way - One more thing I just remembered is one of the reasons we can’t keep possession is we are always trying to make a long pass which is a very low percentage play which often times leads to a turnover
Yea after watching PDA for years on the boys side (nephew played) early 2000’s. There was a possessionstyle of play. All designed to attack from the back line to the front through the midfield with precision passes strung together.

I then started following girls side when neighbors daughter started with PDA. Such a difference in style. It reminded me of the style of play you would see late 80’s- early 90’s on low level travel ball. Kick and chase and hope your strikers would outrun the defenders. The issue is the girls side got by on being able to monopolize talent in the tri state area. Because they had a history of placing girls on college rosters. All I heard when I asked why they played that style was it’s the “PDA way”.

My daughter played for 5 years with them. Would always put tall fast girls up front and play kick ball over the top and hope they would run onto the ball. Team had lots of talent but played defense first and hoped we would score 1 or 2 goals this way to win. Sound familiar!! Some of the more technical girls would not see the field as often because of this. Unfortunately nothing is going to change. Most of the girls she played with went to lower D 1 schools but either are not playing anymore or barely get playing time on teams because other kids are better coached. Can't see this downward trend stopping. Hope i am wrong.

RU MUST WWIN VS. PURDUE TOMORROW to save the season and any hope of Big 10 playoff & NCAA bid.

Purdue was picked last(tied for 13 with Indiana) in preseason coaches poll.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT