ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Wrestling NCAA Championship Results & Update Thread (All Sessions)

Originally posted by rufeelinit:

Originally posted by RU23:

Originally posted by rufeelinit:
Hopefully Ash gets one more W to get to AA status. Other than him I think its very hard not to draw the conclusion that the team underperformed. Not a lot of quality losses except perhaps for Del Vecchio who was not expected to do much here. I don't care what is happening to others in this tournament to justify our performance or lack thereof. We can take some solace in that 4 of our 5 can earn their way back next year but we still have work to do to try and be at our peak for the end of season tournaments. Not sure what the solution is for this.
Won't all 5 be back next year?
I thought Smith was done although now that I think about you might be right. When there was discussion about Camp moving to HWT I think there was talk that Smith would still be in the room.

This post was edited on 3/20 5:55 PM by rufeelinit
Listed as a RS junior. Per the sk.com roster the only senior on the entire team was Visicaro.

and again the NCAA goes small in a big time situation... watching that disgrace of an explanation... so now its on the coaches to challenge the ability of a scorers table? challenges are there to question the call of a referee and allow him to review said call to make sure it is correct or change it!!! not to be used to determine whether an actual call was counted on the scoreboard!!! disgraceful job as they had the power to fix it!!! guess appalacian statre is gonna lose a couple more schollies over this!!

Ashnault will be on Mat 5 !

38m38 minutes ago

Less than an hour until next session. No. 7 Anthony Ashnault goes for All-American vs. No. 13 Randy Cruz (Lehigh). In the hole, mat 5 #RUWR

I haven't been a big wrestling fan, but this team really got me into it. I am proud of their performance and look forward to getting more involved watching and cheering for this team as they continue to move up in the toughest conference in the country.

GO KNIGHTS!

Anthony Ashnault is an All-American!

CAlMpM9VIAA87Dp.jpg:large

Ayy there we go! Congrats to AA - all that hard work paid off!

Finally someone from Rutgers grinds out the decisive riding time point! Getting that minute was HUGE

Very close match. Was worried he might get hit with that second stalling point.
Great Match and CONGRATS!

2 straight years with an All American
The Tide is turning!

Originally posted by camps924:
Finally someone from Rutgers grinds out the decisive riding time point! Getting that minute was HUGE
That's called a blue chipper. Kid has one hell of a future.

Congrats to AA. Well done! Looks like one more tonight and then one or two tomorrow depending on the outcome.

This post was edited on 3/20 9:05 PM by rufeelinit

This post was edited on 3/20 9:06 PM by rufeelinit

That's sweet- whipped cream on a less than stellar showing by the rest of his mates. Something more to build on.

Awesome showing by Ash ! Happy for Ash, his family, the team, the RU Wrestling fans, and especially for our awesome fans who made the effort, and expense to travel to St Louis and get rewarded watching Anthony Ashnault win All American honors.

This post was edited on 3/20 9:18 PM by Abro1975

I don't understand how Green can go almost an entire period barely taking a shot when he knows he has to score. Gotta go for broke in that situation, IMO.

Easier said than done, I guess.

Gotta feel bad for Dylan Ness, hate to see someone end their career with an injury. He was so fun to watch over the past 4 years.

Dean Heil is a four-time state champion from Ohio, and upset the No. 3 seed.

ADVERTISEMENT