ADVERTISEMENT

Sad News for the RU Lacrosse Family

My condolence to the family, way too young (I'm the same age).

Last edited:
Awful news. I got to work with Kyle for a few years at a camp and everyone absolutely loved him. Super positive person. If I'm remembering correctly, they actually didn't have a position for him but created one because after spending 10 minutes with him they knew they needed to hire him. RIP

Kyle was a good friend of mine. We coached youth football/ basketball together. For anyone that didn't know Kyle all you had to do was take one look at the line of people waiting to pay their respects at his wake. There were an estimated 8,000 people who waited nearly 3 hours in line to see his wife Michelle and his 5 boys. I've never in my life seen a wake/funeral like this. The affect he had on so many communities, Summit, where he was an assistant lax coach, Hanover Park where he was a teacher and Bernardsville, where he lived and volunteered so much of his time coaching youth sports, was truly amazing. Many people spoke at his repass and most had the same message of how he had the unique ability to make every kid, every person seem truly important to him. The last person to speak said he had written down a speech that was several pages long but that everything he wanted to mention had previously been addressed by other speakers. He simply said "God must have had one hell of a big game coming up". RIP Kirsty. You were one of a kind.

http://www.msgvarsity.com/new-jersey/kyle-kirst-remembered-as-great-coach-better-person-1.1719327

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT