ADVERTISEMENT

Sanu Lobbied For Kroft To Be Drafted By Bengals

3rd round draft pick and a couple million dollars... I love Sanu and I am sure he put in a good word,as well as the others, but let's be clear about this though ...Kroft got what he got because a) he worked for it and b) he worked for it. #CHOPnation :)

Reactions: MrsScrew
Assuming that's true, let's hope he has the same influence on recruits!!

Kroft was destined to go no later than 3rd round. Sanu may have vouched for his character and work ethic but NFL scouts knew how he projected as an NFL tight end. I don't think most RU fans appreciated just how good a player he was for us. Many on this board were aflame and shocked when he declared for the draft. I predicted third round then and I'm predicting Pro Bowl now. Kroft catches passes like fly paper does flies. He is the prototype NFL TE for today's game. Here's to a HOF career.

Reactions: redking
Kroft was destined to go no later than 3rd round. Sanu may have vouched for his character and work ethic but NFL scouts knew how he projected as an NFL tight end. I don't think most RU fans appreciated just how good a player he was for us. Many on this board were aflame and shocked when he declared for the draft. I predicted third round then and I'm predicting Pro Bowl now. Kroft catches passes like fly paper does flies. He is the prototype NFL TE for today's game. Here's to a HOF career.
You get a B1G AMEN to that one .

3rd round draft pick and a couple million dollars... I love Sanu and I am sure he put in a good word,as well as the others, but let's be clear about this though ...Kroft got what he got because a) he worked for it and b) he worked for it. #CHOPnation :)

His signing bonus should be between $560-$575k based on the same pick last year. While his total 4 year package may well be a couple million, the bonus is the big thing being it's the only $ guaranteed. After agents, lawyers, and Uncle Sam he's still looking at pocketing maybe $300k? Not a bad start before he gets an actual paycheck.

Kevin Brock probably wasn't thrilled with the selection.

Also, still no source on your claim that Sanu "lobbied" for Kroft to be drafted by the Bengals.

San Fran

I know the concept of F.A.M.I.L.Y.....but I wrote "Family"- that's what friends/ family do for one another. They look out, help...they WANT to be with other members
of the FAMILY.

You know...like this board!~

MO

The fact that Kroft was not asked to catch a lot of balls and asked to take on more of a blocking role probably helped him more than many realized. He was known to be a pass catcher, but rounded himself out as a blocker. Blocking is a highly valued skill at TE for teams focused on run and a lot of TEs in college drafted for receiving end up taking a step back because they can't block.

Smart move by Cincy. Gresham probably won't be back and their starter, Eifert, is coming off shoulder surgery.

ADVERTISEMENT