ADVERTISEMENT

Schedule stuff

Some interesting points:

1. In a SB Nation website - with preseason college basketball tournament teams listed - the MGM Grand Main Event has: Clemson; Georgia; UMass and Creighton playing. Obviously, either Clemson; Georgia or UMass dropped out since Carino says we're playing Creighton in the semi final game.

2. Due to (1) above, I am presuming we are not playing at Barclays as EJ said several months ago at a Court Club Meeting playing Louisville in the first game.

3. Guessing the BE opponent in the Gavitt Tourney will be either Providence; St Johns or GTown - since Carino says it's a bus trip. Nova plays Nebraska and we play Seton Hall in a non GAvitt Game.

4. Nice that the ACC game will be home. Has to be either BC; Wake or VTech as I believe they were the bottom feeders of the ACC last year.

Not sure if the program should be scheduling so ambitiously but im all for dropping out of the Barclays tournament and avoiding Louisville

- Per the link above in original post, OOC currently equates to 11 games - so do we normally schedule 12 or 13 meaning 1 or 2 games still to be TBA?

- Also tourney in Vegas has our caliber type of teams - so not a tough tourney. Games will be held on Monday and Wed prior to Turkey Day - so either plan on spending a lot of $ to travel home or to eat turkey in Vegas...

- I'm fine with the OOC schedule as it currently stands.......as there's no slaughter game for us to date....

So in summary we have

At GW
Seton Hall
Creighton
Monmouth
Howard
Central Conn St
Central Arkansas
FDU
Another Name team out in Vegas, maybe Clemson or UMASS
ACC opponent at home presumably BC VT or WF
Big East opponent bus trip, presumably Proidence St Johns or Gtown
Maybe 1 more guarantee at home vs an NEC or IVY team

And no more Louisville/Brooklyn tourney

A nice schedule with no games vs a top 25 team in the non conference, but will still offer a challenge to get even 7 or 8 wins

All i read was

VEGAS
happy0005.r191677.gif

We need to be scheduling as many cream puffs as possible in our OOC to make our W/L record look better. No one is going to remember if we played a tough OOC if we win less than 10 games next year.

No Princeton :)

6 low majors at the RAC that we need to win...

7 games against good teams but none at top 20...

solid scheduling

I hope we can schedule NJIT with one of our 2 remaining home games. They are improved and right down the road so can potentially help sell tickets since we are not selling out very often.

No way we would have beaten NJIT this past year. We have to hope we can win all six against low majors. Then if you can go 2-5 or better against the rest of the OOC and win a few Big Ten games you'll exceed expectations. It's a pathetically low bar but that's where we're at right now, and progress is what we need to see next year.

Originally posted by knight82:
No way we would have beaten NJIT this past year. We have to hope we can win all six against low majors. Then if you can go 2-5 or better against the rest of the OOC and win a few Big Ten games you'll exceed expectations. It's a pathetically low bar but that's where we're at right now, and progress is what we need to see next year.
No way we should have beaten Wisky this year. But we did.
Stuff just happens. A twisted ankle here, a slight concussion there and strange things happen.

According to Wikipedia, they have Creighton, Georgia and UMass in the MGM tournament in Vegas
......I suppose we are replacing Clemson in that tourney.
This post was edited on 4/17 11:52 AM by Sideline20

Already have my room reserved at MGM Grand...cant wait to get back to Vegas. First time since JK and I got married back in 2009!

My parents were at the UNLV game in the early nineties. This would be a great trip but it looks like it falls the week of Thanksgiving which is a no no for teachers. Seems like it will be a great event. Are those dates confirmed?

Originally posted by BKIn118:
Already have my room reserved at MGM Grand...cant wait to get back to Vegas. First time since JK and I got married back in 2009!
Won't be staying at MGM but plan to attend!

Im thinking I'd only go to the Monday game to avoid traveling the day before Thanksgiving. Could be a nightmare.

ADVERTISEMENT