ADVERTISEMENT

Season Prediction Thread: Average 4.7 Wins; 10-3 Losing to Iowa

How is Rutgers football peformance versus pre-season expectations?

• Above Expectations.

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • About in line with Expectations.

Votes: 21 75.0%
  • Below Expectations.

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
Just a reminder about the season prediction pre-season.

27 posted win totals. The average prediction was 4.7 wins, with nine predictions for 6 wins and one prediction for 7 wins.

Ten posted that RU would lose to Iowa and 3 posted that RU would beat Iowa.

Granted, the Offense has been disappointing. Many were expecting either Noah to start or Gavin to be the starter. Both of them now sidelined.

Here's the question. So far this year, how would you say Rutgers is performing to expectations.

Here's the pre-season poll:

I didn’t make a prediction because what the hell do I know about how the team will perform or how good/bad 12 other teams will be.
Just because someone else says “BC has NFL caliber QB and offense” doesn’t mean anything until the games are actually played.
Or “That team is terrible and going to be bottom of the league” but then make a bowl

Funny how everyone bashes preseason polls for being uninformed but then act like experts and do their own preseason poll (i.e. preseason predictions)

Wait and go by what I see on the field instead of being beholden to preseason predictions.

Except Temple - always assume Temple sucks.

I didn’t make a prediction because what the hell do I know about how the team will perform or how good/bad 12 other teams will be.
Just because someone else says “BC has NFL caliber QB and offense” doesn’t mean anything until the games are actually played.
Or “That team is terrible and going to be bottom of the league” but then make a bowl

Funny how everyone bashes preseason polls for being uninformed but then act like experts and do their own preseason poll (i.e. preseason predictions)

Wait and go by what I see on the field instead of being beholden to preseason predictions.

Except Temple - always assume Temple sucks.
Very fair post. It's still early in the season, and pre-season expectations are relevant, IMO. I think some people got drawn into the Iowa sucks narrative, and penciled that in for a win. That was reasonable, until the two WTF turnovers turned into immediate touchdowns happened. I'm willing to write that one off, and the tOSU game never concerns me (unless we win).

Th next 2 games are good measuring sticks for where this team is at. Whether fans want to admit it or not, RU's peers are Nebraska (this year), Northwestern, Indiana, and maybe even Michigan State. Maryland is yet to be determined. Penn State looked vulnerable this past weekend, but they always seem to bring out their best game (or RU brings out its worst) when we play them.

Reactions: NickRU714
I remember Ash in Y3 and there were elevated expectations. Applying the same standard to GS you’d think at least 5 wins maybe 6.

I remember Ash in Y3 and there were elevated expectations. Applying the same standard to GS you’d think at least 5 wins maybe 6.

Elevated expectstiond in Y3 of Ash?
Hmmm.....wonder why?

@Knight Shift - wasn't there some big staff "upgrade" that was going to provide an "instant impact”? I think people were even predicting he was going to the next HC.
Can't remember the name.
😉

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT