ADVERTISEMENT

Snelson to Minnesota

RUblackshirt2006

Sophomore
Aug 14, 2009
Big time receiver from Florida with offers from the absolute college teams chooses Minnesota. I even read without a visit there. Probably something is at play here I don't know about, but made me think about how great Big Ten play and recruiting has been recently. Would not surprise me if Michigan and Ohio State start going top 5 in recruiting ever year for the next few. When you've got a conference on the rise it's really only a matter of time until more guys like Snelson start moving north instead of guys up north moving south.

Big time receiver from Florida with offers from the absolute college teams chooses Minnesota. I even read without a visit there. Probably something is at play here I don't know about, but made me think about how great Big Ten play and recruiting has been recently. Would not surprise me if Michigan and Ohio State start going top 5 in recruiting ever year for the next few. When you've got a conference on the rise it's really only a matter of time until more guys like Snelson start moving north instead of guys up north moving south.
nice story....heard guys love playing for Jerry Kill but Fla to the wilds of Minnesota!?! HCKF is the same type of guy and we offer all NYC metro and Jersey has to offer I'm surprised were not pulling a few more plums like Marques Ford ourselves already. GS started getting some plums from here but the home tree hasn't yielded the same fruits since he left except maybe NYC type kids recently. i hope your right...Minny is trending in the right direction though similar to the Alvarez era before Wisky got good.

nice story....heard guys love playing for Jerry Kill but Fla to the wilds of Minnesota!?! HCKF is the same type of guy and we offer all NYC metro and Jersey has to offer I'm surprised were not pulling a few more plums like Marques Ford ourselves already. GS started getting some plums from here but the home tree hasn't yielded the same fruits since he left except maybe NYC type kids recently. i hope your right...Minny is trending in the right direction though similar to the Alvarez era before Wisky got good.

smileys-thinking-371439.gif
What? Our 2016 class is ranked ahead of Minnesota's on Rivals, while we were about even or behind in 2015 and 2014.

Kill is in his 5th year of coaching in the B1G. Kyle Flood is in his second year of coaching in the B1G.

Grant and Hicks are not plums?

GS's 2012 class (or is it Kyle Flood's?-depends on the narrative) had no Florida "plums", and I don't see any in 2011. 2010 class had Rashad Knight, a 4 star recruit, oh wait a minute, he transferred in 2011 --fire Flood!

Please show your work.

What? Our 2016 class is ranked ahead of Minnesota's on Rivals, while we were about even or behind in 2015 and 2014.

Kill is in his 5th year of coaching in the B1G. Kyle Flood is in his second year of coaching in the B1G.

GS's 2012 class (or is it Kyle Flood's?-depends on the narrative) had no Florida "plums", and I don't see any in 2011. 2010 class had Rashad Knight, a 4 star recruit, oh wait a minute, he transferred in 2011 --fire Flood!

Please show your work.
duh....I should hope so being the dearth of talent around here and in Fla were we've had connections since at least GS Era...we have to give Kill credit...I think hes brought life into their program I never saw in past yrs.I NEVER said their ahead of us recruiting wise.And no where did that translate as a knock on KF....we've just had a noticable downtick last couple cycles that seems to be trending back to normal...I'd say we've had "acceptable" classes with KF after the 1st. We need to grab a few more top twelve to fifteen type local kids to make me happy. .

Please show your work.
2011 Kaleb Johnson 4 years starter, Jonathan Aiken Sr starter, 2010 Jawan Jamison 2 yr starter, Dwany Mera 3 yr starter, G Gloshen 2 years starter 2012 only the kicker, Kyle Federico was from Fl since a lot of NJ recruits

Minn rated higher than Rutgers 2014 and 2015 but ratings don't really matter

Last edited:
2011 Kaleb Johnson 4 years starter, Jonathan Aiken Sr starter, 2010 Jawan Jamison 2 yr starter, Dwany Mera 3 yr starter, G Gloshen 2 years starter 2012 only the kicker, Kyle Federico was from Fl since a lot of NJ recruits

Minn rated higher than Rutgers 2014 and 2015 but ratings don't really matter

No, he was talking about "plums", whatever that means. And that is no disrespect to any of our players from Florida. Don' t know what the point of the OP was other than starting up the waaahmbulance drivers, and certainly some chimed in. We were not in the B1G in 2014, and 2015 was our first B1G recruiting class, in the wake of 2 years of shitstorms in the athletics department at Rutgers. Did Minnesota have that to deal with?

No, he was talking about "plums", whatever that means. And that is no disrespect to any of our players from Florida. Don' t know what the point of the OP was other than starting up the waaahmbulance drivers, and certainly some chimed in. We were not in the B1G in 2014, and 2015 was our first B1G recruiting class, in the wake of 2 years of shitstorms in the athletics department at Rutgers. Did Minnesota have that to deal with?
Plums? Johnson and Jamison are definitely great recruits. Was Grant the starter last year? Hicks, 2 games over 100 yds, may be good but didn't even play half the game so he still not Jamison ability.

Some of the shit storm was caused by Flood coaches.

Plums? Johnson and Jamison are definitely great recruits. Was Grant the starter last year? Hicks, 2 games over 100 yds, may be good but didn't even play half the game so he still not Jamison ability.

Some of the shit storm was caused by FALSE ACCUSATIONS AGAINST Flood coaches.

You have shown your true colors and your agenda. FIFY

You need to get your facts straight and don't make up things. Instead of accepting you are wrong, you try to change the facts.

Don't post crap
Take a look in the mirror. You got called out on your crap. None of Flood's coaches caused a shit storm.

This started with Nicky saying Schiano got "plums", presumably highly touted 4 star recruits like Snelson. I could only find one such recruit, Rashad Knight, and he left the program in 2011. Both Flood and Schiano have had some nice 3 star recruits from Florida. But that's not good enough for some of you guys who want to take veiled craps on Flood. Have a nice day. I'm done with your nonsense.

Kill also got a big time OL from Illinois and most importantly he is locking down the state of Minnesota.

Damn right it's important. It all starts at home. Wisconsin is another school that signs a truckload of instate players. Hasn't hurt their cause.

Not the wilds. "The U" is an urban campus similar to Rutgers. And Minneapolis/St. Paul puts New Brunswick and NJ to shame when it comes to innovation, creativity, and culture.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
[roll]

Please show your work.
Nice way to Spin. Flood is going into his 4th year as HC. In that time there was only one prominent class ( that was 2012 and it was all GS recruiting and Tim P. held it together in the end.) Flood has been a disaster in recruiting Top NJ Talent. One Top 10 in 4 years (inc. 2016). That's 1 for 40.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
Not the wilds. "The U" is an urban campus similar to Rutgers. And Minneapolis/St. Paul puts New Brunswick and NJ to shame when it comes to innovation, creativity, and culture.
Yes us backward's guys from metro NYC and NE of Philly are well aware of the cultural center of the land of a thousand lakes. Were hoping some of those advances get down to Menlo Park and Westinghouse Labs. Thomas Edison or Albert Einstein has nothing on Paul BUNYAN !! BTW,..Fargo was a great movie.I know..North Dakota..but similar cultures as most of the state of Minnesota...and i do love the state's beauty.Why do so many posters take off the cuff remarks so seriously? You'd think us local guys in NJ would be touchy with all the Jersey stereotypes!?!

ADVERTISEMENT