ADVERTISEMENT

Some HS video of Omari Grier

Another DC Assult player! I thought that someone posted the well had dried up when David Cox left.

I think he'll contribute for us. Seems like a smart kid,too.

As someone who is a grad school transfer, I'd rather see a more recent clip. Nonetheless, thanks for posting.

What do you guys expect out of Omari?

Don't have a link for Grier--but saw him several times during his freshman year at FAU, under Mike Jarvis, who was coaching out the string and trying to line things up so that his son would succeed him at FAU. Best I can recall, Grier had some very hot games early, especially against Miami in the annual Holiday doubleheader the local teams (UF, Miami and Fla St) play down in Sunrise, where the Panthers' hockey team plays. Not sure what happened--thought he was going to be a big time player at FAU's level, but his production and then his PT dropped off. That was a few years ago and a couple of schools ago. Not expecting miracles.
TL

Ruinfla, thanks for the post. Why did his playing time drop off?

I saw his stats from that season. Injury/coaching problem? miracles won't happen but I think the BIG is a good league for him. At least for a year. Seems to be a smarter player and will come the ball in our half during offensive possessions. For me that is a HUGE plus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT