ADVERTISEMENT

Some Positive Words about Myles Mack during what I am sure is a tough time for him and his family

MikeRU1766

Junior
Mar 7, 2015
I just wanted to put up a thread about Myles Mack who is going through a rough patch right now (Feel free to search about it online, no reason to bring it up in this thread).

He was part of the Rutgers F.A.M.I.LY. for the past 4 years and could not have been a better representative and member, both on and off the court. The kid came to every single game and put the team on his back and literally did EVERYTHING he could to get us the W. You could see after the game that he left it all on the court. Most games he wouldn't even sit a single minute. That shows guts. That shows true inner toughness. I give Mack a ton of respect for that.

Off the court, Mack was a leader. He stayed after the Mike Rice scandal and THANK GOODNESS he did because literally he probably saved the entire program from capsizing and having EVERYONE leave. For that alone we as a fan base owe him a lot. But besides for staying, he also never had a single off the court issue that the fan base ever heard about. He was the type of player that both the alumni, the current Rutgers attendee, and the young 8 year old Rutgers fan could all root for.

So Myles Mack I just wanted to give you your due. You were a great player at Rutgers. The stats more than make that fact clear. You were also an ever better leader though as you lead the team through a coaching scandal and brought us out the other side and even won us one of our BIGGEST wins ever over Wisconsin at the RAC! I wish you and your family the best through this tough time and remember.......

the Rutgers F.A.M.I.L.Y still has your back too!

Sounds like a couple buddies got to drinking and hanging out and one of them said "Hey let's go downtown and get BeeJays." Seemed like a good idea at the time, I guess. You'd think in a situation like this the humane thing to do would be to offer a stern warning and not ruin a kid's life...or the 74 year old man that got caught up too. As for the girls, they need help not prosecution.

My guess is that he'll enter some type of P.T.I, so hopefully he will learn from this.

Reactions: rpiseman
it's such an odd story…….

how is it odd, Myles is a great kid who made a mistake....just like everyone does. That's why I chuckle at how this board lambasts every single thing that goes on at other schools as if these are evil people. People are human, they make mistakes...all of us do, the problem I think in this new world of technology is that everyone tries to facebook and instagram themselves as being perfect and their shit doesn't stink and then have the nerve to be hypocrites and judge everyone else....lol sorry for rant here (its not directed at you) but its a pet peeve of mine..hypocrites.

how is it odd, Myles is a great kid who made a mistake....just like everyone does. That's why I chuckle at how this board lambasts every single thing that goes on at other schools as if these are evil people. People are human, they make mistakes...all of us do, the problem I think in this new world of technology is that everyone tries to facebook and instagram themselves as being perfect and their shit doesn't stink and then have the nerve to be hypocrites and judge everyone else....lol sorry for rant here (its not directed at you) but its a pet peeve of mine..hypocrites.
It's an odd story because I can't fathom the thought process. They are two young popular guys in their home town, they are less than a block from some shady strip bars that offer "similar services", they are 10 minutes from a bunch of college bars with drunk girls, and less than 5 minutes from a bunch of chicken places where drunk kids congregate late at night. I'm not saying it wasn't a stupid mistake and that many of us haven't made worse, I just question if that was really what they were after. A good portion of the prostitution in that area involves other types of bad decisions. If a guy wants a quicky, I just think there are better ways in that area.

Thanks to another member here, I've gotten to meet Myles and his parents and they're great people.

ADVERTISEMENT