ADVERTISEMENT

Speaking of large video boards...

Would the town of Piscataway fight us if we put up some kind of video billboard outside the stadium and/or on land we have along Route 18. (would love to see one on Route 287 too.) advertising upcoming games and other campus events

Reactions: mkollar
as of next year ASU will pass them.....

What a complete waste of money! That money should be spent on increasing professor salaries, lowering tuition and improving academic facilities! Not to mention be put to use to bring back non-income generating sports!

Oh wait. This is Auburn? I thought it was Rutgers. Never mind.

Would the town of Piscataway fight us if we put up some kind of video billboard outside the stadium and/or on land we have along Route 18. (would love to see one on Route 287 too.) advertising upcoming games and other campus events

Knowing the way certain people are in the town hall there, yes. But I do like those ideas. Having a few boards programmed to list next home game, scarletknights.com, perhaps another sport would definitely be a positive step in terms of marketing. I have no idea what the US or NJDOT regs are, but putting up signs on either side of Deiner Park to provide that info along with avg. times to lots inbound and to Rte. 1 and the Turnpike outbound would be useful.

Kollar--yes,more is better.Maybe even have a sponsor pay for the boards with their logo on part of it--Johnson and Johnson,Prudential,etc.

There are billboards on the Turnpike (at least) that provide such relevant information during the season.

Real,
I mean something on a permanent basis.

That would be a problem, if for no other reason than it becomes a major project and would have to be justified by a marketing analysis that demonstrates a suitable ROI.

Its screen area is equivalent to 2625 60" TV's. Please tell me there is a remote control for it somewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT