Spring Game Observation Thread

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
List your observations/complaints here.

1. Its too cold.
2. Why is nobody in the lots tailgating at 3 p.m. Our fans are not big time
3. The crowd is small. We are not big time. Our fans are not big time.
4. Bathrooms are not working.
5. Concessions are not good

Read an article last night that Wisconsin only expects between 10,000 and 20,000 fans, and Barry Alvarez thinks that is OK--there is a lot of stuff to do in Madison. Same goes in NJ. Only the hard core fans are going to sit in the cold to watch a glorified practice. I could get NO interest from anyone to go to this. Have fun!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...o-many-things-to-do-in-madison-183838961.html

Last edited:
How about we don't list them here. Do you need to be a troll every day to get out of bed? Over 100+ recruits will be at the game tonight. Your friends sound as lousy as you as well.

Spring games are for the hard core. The casual fan should just stay home.

There is NO reason to really complain about anything concerning the spring game. ITS A PRACTICE.

(I am still really really mad it is on a Friday. I am A whack job that drives down for it ON A SATURDAY. But TV pays, so I get it.).

1. fun short, casual tailgate with friends we haven't seen in awhile
  2. get a sneak peek at the team
  3. get to meet the team after at the autograph session
  4. fireworks
  5. I won a contest so I'm running out of the tunnel with the team and onto the field.

nope. nothing to complain about here. Looking forward to it all!

Reactions: CNJKnight
  1. fun short, casual tailgate with friends we haven't seen in awhile
  2. get a sneak peek at the team
  3. get to meet the team after at the autograph session
  4. fireworks
  5. I won a contest so I'm running out of the tunnel with the team and onto the field.
nope. nothing to complain about here. Looking forward to it all!

Except that you can't use your favorite font!

How about we don't list them here. Do you need to be a troll every day to get out of bed? Over 100+ recruits will be at the game tonight. Your friends sound as lousy as you as well.
Hey thanks. I guess your sarcasm meter is not on. People will invariably complain that there are not enough people tailgating or in the stands for tonight's practice. If Barry Alvarez thinks there is a lot else to do in Madison, WI, we have that issue X1000 in the NJ/NY metropolitan area. I wanted to go tonight, but nobody is interested in going out in the cold, or they are watching the Mets/Yankees, or Rangers or doing things with the family on a Friday night. If that makes me and my friends lousy, OK. For those that are going, enjoy the game! Attendance tonight is an indicator of absolutely nothing about our fanbase, although I suspect people will try to make it about that.

Last edited:
I`m bringing 12 kids and ten are first timers. Is there anything pregame tonite or will the fireworks and autograph session be the only scheduled activities?

I`m bringing 12 kids and ten are first timers. Is there anything pregame tonite or will the fireworks and autograph session be the only scheduled activities?

There's definitely stuff going on pregame, starting around 5:30 I think. Here's the article from scarletknights.com:

Friday Knight Lights - April 24

Make sure the kids dress warmly: it will be mid-40's with a brisk wind around game time, and the temperature will be headed to 34 overnight. Wouldn't hurt to bring a couple of blankets in case the kids get cold sitting in the stands.

List your observations/complaints here.

1. Its too cold.
2. Why is nobody in the lots tailgating at 3 p.m. Our fans are not big time
3. The crowd is small. We are not big time. Our fans are not big time.
4. Bathrooms are not working.
5. Concessions are not good

Read an article last night that Wisconsin only expects between 10,000 and 20,000 fans, and Barry Alvarez thinks that is OK--there is a lot of stuff to do in Madison. Same goes in NJ. Only the hard core fans are going to sit in the cold to watch a glorified practice. I could get NO interest from anyone to go to this. Have fun!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...o-many-things-to-do-in-madison-183838961.html
I am in Galway Ireland on my first pint of Guiness. Enjoy the game and I hope some of the prospects buy in to the RU experience.

The DJ's are too loud.
The music is no good.
The hot dogs are cold.
The lines are too long.
We are not big time, lets call Julie.

Its a FOOTBALL game in April!! Food, Beer, And FOOTBALL!! Does the weather really matter?

There's definitely stuff going on pregame, starting around 5:30 I think. Here's the article from scarletknights.com:

Friday Knight Lights - April 24

Make sure the kids dress warmly: it will be mid-40's with a brisk wind around game time, and the temperature will be headed to 34 overnight. Wouldn't hurt to bring a couple of blankets in case the kids get cold sitting in the stands.
Thanks for the link spanky.

I was actually happy to see the turnout since I know a lot of people who wanted to go did not because of the cold weather. But it is great to see that so many people are die hard enough that they don't care about the cold and they are willing to suck it up in order to get a sneak peek at the team and also to meet the players. Good to see a majority of the NFL guys come back especially the Super Bowl champs themselves (McCourty, Harmon, and Logan Ryan were all in the building. Oh and Tim Wright)

A great night. The cold challenged the fun A bit, but I brought three 8 year olds and they had a blast. Every year they eat their way through the practice/game just waiting to get on the field. For anyone who is a big fan and has a kid you've got to get your kids on the field after the spring game. They just light up. My son gets autographs from players, my daughter finds some cheerleaders and the scarlet knight of course and then they spend the rest of the time jumping in the endzones and running around to the dj music. After 25 years as a season ticket holder and looking down on the field all that time, 3 years ago was my first time on the field ( I didn't storm the field after the Louisville game I just sat back and soaked it in) so being on the field and meeting a few players was big for me too. It is almost entirely why we go to the spring game. I highly recommend the experience. And this year it was capped off with a really impressive fireworks show. Nice job RU! Looking forward to the Fall.

I know you can't tell crap from spring ball.... but, Agudosi clearly has a step on just about anyone else -- the WR corps should be in very good shape... Laviano looked better than I expected...

You also realize that it was spring break for a lot of NJ schools? My kids were off and we went on vaca, like lots of their friends did

Otherwise would have been there

aside from being pretty cold was fun...

O needs works but I expected that...

my friend works with some high end recruits so met some really good kids
that I hope commit to RU

was all good for em

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT