ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Game Recaps from Around the B1G

Very good and positive summary. Still can't get over the irony that we are in the "B1G East" as the writer points out... would love to end up 3rd!

Was that review written by RutgersAl? I don't think the positoids are this positive about our season!!

"If they can find a QB--it's a battle between last year's backup plus a transfer from LSU--and a workhorse RB, I think they could contend for 3rd place behind OSU and MSU in the B1G East and qualify for another bowl. They have a decent shot at starting 4-0 before they host MSU."

Reactions: bigdrago
Sounds like PSU may still have trouble protecting Hackenburg. Would love to see Turay have a four sack game against them.

"Sounds like PSU may still have trouble protecting Hackenburg. Would love to see Turay have a four sack game against them."

Only four?

The OSU recap of our game was pretty good overall. The writer, however, didn't appreciate Eric the way most of us do. But BTN showed a new video of Eric during the game and again during their hour long spring wrap up show. I'm surprised no one has posted it here but Eric, who narrated it, was able to bend forward and lift himself back up to a straight position while sitting in his chair. He said that this was a new thing and that his therapists were really surprised when he showed them.

It's a long, slow process, but he incredibly continues to show progress. His upbeat spirit is incredible.

Reactions: Ruthinking
"Sounds like PSU may still have trouble protecting Hackenburg. Would love to see Turay have a four sack game against them."

Only four?

The OSU recap of our game was pretty good overall. The writer, however, didn't appreciate Eric the way most of us do. But BTN showed a new video of Eric during the game and again during their hour long spring wrap up show. I'm surprised no one has posted it here but Eric, who narrated it, was able to bend forward and lift himself back up to a straight position while sitting in his chair. He said that this was a new thing and that his therapists were really surprised when he showed them.

It's a long, slow process, but he incredibly continues to show progress. His upbeat spirit is incredible.

The video of Eric bending forward and lifting back up is awesome! Regarding his color commentary, I too wish he would share more inside stuff but more than that, I wish they would turn up the volume on his mike. Maybe it's just that my ears adjust to Chris Carlin and then Eric doesn't sound loud enough? What a great ambassador of RU!

His "Walk to Believe" is coming up soon (June 6th?) and I encourage supporting him with a contribution.

http://awalktobelieve.org/

The only team that really played a spring game was Nebraska where QBs were getting sacked.

The only team that really played a spring game was Nebraska where QBs were getting sacked.

Sounded like Hackenberg at PSU got a little dinged up on live sacks,

"Penn State's starting offensive line (Paris Palmer, Brendan Mahon, Angelo Mangiro, Brian Gaia, Andrew Nelson) allowed five first-half sacks, one of which produced a slight limp from quarterback Christian Hackenberg."

and with the lack of depth the writer talks about, that's a pretty stupid move by Franklin.

ADVERTISEMENT