ADVERTISEMENT

Spring games are the best

jaydogsmooth1

Senior
Jul 28, 2021
Just getting back from the Noles spring game in Tallahassee, what a great experience.
Yes, it's essentially a glorified practice, but seeing the development of players, watching football, schemes, different formations, etc.

Also, having not watched live football in over 3 months, the inevitable withdrawal is starting to peak
Tailgating, great weather, seeing old friends, meeting new friends, former players, etc.
Meeting with Boosters, NIL groups, learning new things re. potential conference destinations, timelines, talking football in general, recruiting and everything that goes along with it

Really looking forward to the Rutgers spring game on 4/29
Hoping for a great day weather wise

I know the program doesn't have a lot of juice right now, but I'll still be there
Bringing my wife and daughter - hope to be tailgating by noon-12:30

I know it's 2 weeks out but weather forecast is calling for rain on 4/29. I hope that changes because the game is gonna look like a Covid era game with no fans if it rains.

I know it's 2 weeks out but weather forecast is calling for rain on 4/29. I hope that changes because the game is gonna look like a Covid era game with no fans if it rains.
Not to mention what Rutgers Day will look like if it rains. They have not had to deal with that throughout the event’s existence.

Reactions: bigmatt718
I throughly enjoy watching all kinds of football - for me, I can’t get enough

Spring games allow the opportunity to see the team, albeit in practice mode, in actual game simulations with fans in the stands & excitement in the stadium

Having not seen live football from my school in nearly 4 months, and will be going almost 5 months not seeing them again until LDW, this was the perfect remedy to hold me over

Throw in seeing player development and all things football related on a picturesque campus with great friends & gorgeous co-eds, along with other sports on campus, and you have a great Saturday, great overall weekend, and memories for life

I went to the Penn State game Saturday. The day was fun even with mostly bad weather.

Penn state looked terrible. I’m guessing they’ll be “better” by opening day.

If it’s live it’s fun. If it’s two hand touch not so much

I used to love the spring game. You would get a glimpse into what the fall would look like. For the past several years it seems that the players that get the most action/do well in the spring game do nothing/don't play in the fall. The stars sit out to avoid injuries. What's the point in going if that continues?

Not true . When shea’s guys lost the alumni , it was indicative of sucking and we did for years after that
Bill Walsh should have been tarred and feathered by any Scarlet Knight for doing a favor for that bozo of a head coach. The alumni game was Shea's first on-field performance and if the program already wasn't on life support, it was shot dead that day. Shea became a dead coach walking, and we hadn't even played a real game yet.

Reactions: Plum Street
Just getting back from the Noles spring game in Tallahassee, what a great experience.
Yes, it's essentially a glorified practice, but seeing the development of players, watching football, schemes, different formations, etc.

Also, having not watched live football in over 3 months, the inevitable withdrawal is starting to peak
Tailgating, great weather, seeing old friends, meeting new friends, former players, etc.
Meeting with Boosters, NIL groups, learning new things re. potential conference destinations, timelines, talking football in general, recruiting and everything that goes along with it

Really looking forward to the Rutgers spring game on 4/29
Hoping for a great day weather wise

I know the program doesn't have a lot of juice right now, but I'll still be there
Bringing my wife and daughter - hope to be tailgating by noon-12:30
What is this player development that you speak of? It's been awhile I've seen any.

Reactions: Section124
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT