ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball STORY: Stringer retires - court to be named after her

Should only be for girls games. And should be Grentz/Stringer Court since we were National Champions while she was here. This way decades of mostly successful teams under the two coaches are covered. Tom Young and/or Jim Valvanofor the mens court.

Last edited:
Reactions: Turtle31
Should only be for girls games. And should be Grentz/Stringer Court since we were National Champions while she was here. This way decades of mostly successful teams under the two coaches are covered. Tom Young and/or Jim Valvanofor the mens court.
This is an incredibly sexist comment. Men can't appreciate the incredible accomplishments of a woman? In addition, college females are women, not girls.

This is an incredibly sexist comment. Men can't appreciate the incredible accomplishments of a woman? In addition, college females are women, not girls.
First off, thank you for the compliment. Second, this is America, not Communist China, so if I want to say girls and guys teams, I certainly will. Third, I never said girl/women/female athletes should not be appreciated. I went to Rutgers Volleyball this Winter and had a GREAT time. What I am saying is if we are going to start naming courts fields, go with Grentz/Stringer for the girls and Young/Valvano for the guys. You wouldn’t name the softball field after Fred Hill or the golf course after Scott Goodale. Won’t be posting any more about this topic. Have a great day. Go Rutgers in all sports !!!

Why for only women's games? Should only people who eat subs get to play in the arena?

First off, thank you for the compliment. Second, this is America, not Communist China, so if I want to say girls and guys teams, I certainly will. Third, I never said girl/women/female athletes should not be appreciated. I went to Rutgers Volleyball this Winter and had a GREAT time. What I am saying is if we are going to start naming courts fields, go with Grentz/Stringer for the girls and Young/Valvano for the guys. You wouldn’t name the softball field after Fred Hill or the golf course after Scott Goodale. Won’t be posting any more about this topic. Have a great day. Go Rutgers in all sports !!!
One you said it should only be for girls games. That is sexist. Your Fred Hill softball comment is off as it is only used by women, not both. Nielson dining hall is named after a male Rutgers alum so only men should eat there?

Wouldn't it be better to honor another Rutgers Men's Basketball Head Coach that was successful , Bill Foster comes to mind, instead of an Assistant ( for two years) that found fame as the North Carolina Head Coach
Jimmy V deserves respect, but even though played for Foster RU teams then was an assistant under Bill for 2 years before taking the John Hopkins HC position , Jim should not ,no matter how popular and respected he is by RU MBB fans , be given the court naming honor over Bill

But naming the Court after CVS is the right way to handle naming the court because of the 35 years she was the face of Rutgers Women's Basketball and the respect she brought the University by he actions on and off the court.

Really? You do realize that the Summitt is the name of the court at Thompson-Boling arena and both Tennessee mens and womens basketball teams play on that court?!

Last edited:
Really? You do realize that the Summitt is the name of the court at Thompson-Boling arena and both Tennessee mens and womens basketball teams play on that court?!
How many national titles for each? I think RU fans would be more accepting if Stringer 1/4 of the titles Pat had.

Grentz did win a natty…I think she’s so overlooked as a coach…but cvs clearly got more attention as her tenure was during an upswing in WBB (at least college) popularity.

How many national titles for each? I think RU fans would be more accepting if Stringer 1/4 of the titles Pat had.
Get your point but by the same token Rutgers hasn’t really had a coach that reached the level of Stringer in number of wins, etc. I do agree that Teresa Grentz is close and was also a pioneer playing for the Mighty Macs and making her mark in coaching too. Name the locker room after her.

I went to Rutgers Volleyball this Winter and had a GREAT time. What I am saying is if we are going to start naming courts fields, go with Grentz/Stringer for the girls and Young/Valvano for the guys. You wouldn’t name the softball field after Fred Hill or the golf course after Scott Goodale.
You dumb moron do you realize that the court in the College Avenue Gym at RU is already named Jim Valvano Court when you went to that one game? And guess what, no mens teams play there at all !! Only womens volleyball !! The womens volleyball court is literally named after an old mens basketball player! But it’s named after a man who was also successful in that building. Interesting that you have no remarks about that. Oh right, it’s because you are clearly sexist, not even trying to hide it. And trapped yourself with the ignorant Jim Valvano comment

You dumb moron do you realize that the court in the College Avenue Gym at RU is already named Jim Valvano Court when you went to that one game? And guess what, no mens teams play there at all !! Only womens volleyball !! The womens volleyball court is literally named after an old mens basketball player! But it’s named after a man who was also successful in that building. Interesting that you have no remarks about that. Oh right, it’s because you are clearly sexist, not even trying to hide it. And trapped yourself with the ignorant Jim Valvano comment
We need to change this and only let the mens volleyball team play on that floor.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT