ADVERTISEMENT

Summer League?

TrueRU

Senior
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
Are the RU players participating in a summer league this year? I know in the past the Rutgers guys played in the Jersey shore league and also in games at the barn in a league. Anywhere where this is going on this year?

If I had to guess, I would say no. Ej knows these leagues are all offense and teach bad habits. Also, team can work together now instead of working with other kids who they will never play with. Risk for injuries,too.

I think we'll just have to wait for the season. I am excited!

I posted this info on the Foreman & Williams thread on Wednesday. I would like to attend a game or two but I do not want to drive all the way from Union County to the Hun School only to find out that our two guys didn't show because of a class or such. I am hoping that on the days they are supposed to play that someone can verify on this site that they will be participating that night.

Art, I looked on the site and couldn't find a number to call. The director of the league is Bryan Carver. Just tweeted at Carino trying to find a way to contact him. If you could get a number, you could call ahead of time.

Interesting league. I see that Jason Thompson (from Rider and currently in the NBA with the Kings) is on one of the teams too.

Interesting league. I see that Jason Thompson (from Rider and currently in the NBA with the Kings) is on one of the teams too.

Does look pretty sweet. A good amount of D1 talent. I expect Mike Williams shots to fall from the 3pt range this year. As for foreman, given 20-25 mins a night, I could see a good amount of production. Maybe 7-10 points for foreman and the same for MW.

I just sent an email to Bryan Caver to find out if there will be any way of knowing the day of a game if Williams and Foreman will be there. I also asked if box scores are available any where. Hopefully he will write me back.

I just sent an email to Bryan Caver to find out if there will be any way of knowing the day of a game if Williams and Foreman will be there. I also asked if box scores are available any where. Hopefully he will write me back.

Good stuff. I am sure there would be a way to get an update on who' going to be there on a nightly basis. Hopefully Williams and Foreman are creating some type of stat sheet for themselves there.

Bryan Caver wrote me back. He said he is waiting on NCAA compliance papers from RU so I assume that Williams and Foreman have not played in any games yet. He was very nice and hoped I can attend some games. He also said he hopes to have the box scores on his league site very shortly. I think Bryan is doing all the right things to make this league succeed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT