ADVERTISEMENT

Talk ‘Battle at the Birthplace’ With Goodale, Ayres at Moore’s Tavern / Tuesday, Oct. 11

14484661_10154006594090857_5241241255300477607_n.jpg

"Princeton hopes to hold an outdoor wrestle-off in conjunction with its Oct. 22 football game against Harvard."

Great idea ! Why not RU doing this as well? Would be a lot more fun for the team to Wrestle off at HPSS instead of the stinky dungeon at The Barn. RU has a home football game Nov 5 against Indiana , is 2 weeks before the big outdoor match to soon for a wrestleoff ?

Reactions: bigmatt718
Abro
There will be no wrestleoffs this year. Our whole team is going to the ESU Open Sunday Nov 6 and the best finishers there (including some possible head to head matches for RU kids) will wrestle in the California meets.

Abro
There will be no wrestleoffs this year. Our whole team is going to the ESU Open Sunday Nov 6 and the best finishers there (including some possible head to head matches for RU kids) will wrestle in the California meets.

Thanks for the info, Bill ! I might have to make the 90 minute drive to East Stroudsburg and see the action . Is Anthony Ashnault scheduled to wrestle in this ? I'm hoping our true freshmen enter as well.

After seeing you response I found some info on the ESU open :

http://www.esuwarriors.com/custompages/Wrestling/2016-17/ESU Open Flyer.pdf

http://www.esuwarriors.com/news/201...ural-warriors-winter-open.aspx?path=wrestling

I like this approach.
It can be a flawed system. Just for example say DelVecchio and Dippery are on opposite side of bracket. Let's say Both make the semi finals, DelVecchio losses to wrestler A (3-2) and Dippery beats wrestler B. In finals Dippery loses to wrestler A (10-2). So Dippery starts over DelVecchio because he finished 2nd and DelVecchio finished 3rd?

Just using these guys as an example.

Reactions: Jersey Boys
It can be a flawed system. Just for example say DelVecchio and Dippery are on opposite side of bracket. Let's say Both make the semi finals, DelVecchio losses to wrestler A (3-2) and Dippery beats wrestler B. In finals Dippery loses to wrestler A (10-2). So Dippery starts over DelVecchio because he finished 2nd and DelVecchio finished 3rd?

Just using these guys as an example.

I don't disagree and there is no perfect approach. However, some guys just don't match up well with a particular guy on the internal roster, or that guy "has his number." I like seeing which guy performs outside of the room under the lights in live competition to give an idea who is truly the best guy for the weight. In the example you gave, Goodele needs to assess the individual performances and go from there.

As I said, there is no perfect approach.

Reactions: obrats
I'm sure the coaches know who will start prior to the tournament just in case a situation like at 133 happens. If Scott takes 3rd and Tyson 2nd and don't wrestle head to head. It wouldn't surprise me to see Scott wrestle in Opening weekend. I'm sure the wrestle enough in front of the coaches to know who has the upper hand.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT