ADVERTISEMENT

The 9 Plus lives of Tom Abatemarco.....

BigEastPhil

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
Per Jon Rothstein, Tom Abatemarco has resurfaced as he was hired as an assistant coach at Florida Gulf Coast University.

Hopefully FGCU will play at NJIT.....

Abatemarco is worth the price of admission.....

Laughed when I saw the FGCU announcement. I've been a Rutgers season ticket buyer for 25 years and 95% sure I'm not renewing - we winter in southwest Florida. I'm on the Wait List for FGCU season tickets. Wouldn't you know it that Abatemarco joins the staff! Who's next, Mike Rice or Rob Lanier?

Interesting that this June 26 article in the Fort Myers newspaper, via a public records request, was able to identify the candidates for the FGCU staff openings. Go to the end of the article. Are these type of public records requests do-able for Rutgers openings when they occur?

http://www.news-press.com/story/spo...-full-squad-arriving-first-workouts/28890305/

Last edited:
I think the most surprising part of this thread is not that Abatemarco has surfaced again, but that there's a wait list for FGCU season tickets. Good for them.

I think the most surprising part of this thread is not that Abatemarco has surfaced again, but that there's a wait list for FGCU season tickets. Good for them.

I was thinking the same thing. How cool is that for a school that is barely old enough to drink -- I think -- has a wait list? Yeah, I know, the building is about the size of my living room, but it's still cool.

And Abatemarco's nine lives should have ended before he even got to Rutgers. His career is absolutely remarkable, no matter which way you look at it.

Abatemarco tried to come back and coach here when Eddie was hired.

Best of Luck,
Groz

Laughed when I saw the FGCU announcement. I've been a Rutgers season ticket buyer for 25 years and 95% sure I'm not renewing - we winter in southwest Florida. I'm on the Wait List for FGCU season tickets. Wouldn't you know it that Abatemarco joins the staff! Who's next, Mike Rice or Rob Lanier?

Interesting that this June 26 article in the Fort Myers newspaper, via a public records request, was able to identify the candidates for the FGCU staff openings. Go to the end of the article. Are these type of public records requests do-able for Rutgers openings when they occur?

http://www.news-press.com/story/spo...-full-squad-arriving-first-workouts/28890305/
FGCU called yesterday to confirm -- yes we made it off their wait list after two seasons of wanting season tickets. The price of 2 FGCU season tickets (14 home games) is roughly what we paid for Scarlet lot parking at hoops games last year. In general, FGCU does not charge for parking. They have a small number of reserved spots for substantial ($2500?) contributors to its booster club. Ticket guy mentioned that I'd be surprised how many other NJ people have FGCU tickets. FGCU's roster is resourcefully put together -- transfers from Rice, Auburn, Tulane, Loyola Marymount, Central Connecticut, and VCU; 2 JUCOs (Broward, Kilgore); international players from Croatia and Zambia. No players from NJ, though that could change with NJIT joining the league. Montverde Academy head coach Kevin Boyle's son was a backup point guard when I watched FGCU a couple of years ago. Last year Rutgers vs. FGCU would have been a good matchup - Sagarin's #175 and #189 teams.

Congatulations on getting your FGCU tickets and welcome to the list of NJ people who are season ticket holders .

rcodey ... FGCU ticket office said we'll be sitting in section NN, row 5 or 6. Stop by in 2016.

ADVERTISEMENT