ADVERTISEMENT

The Gibbs Family

ch414

Junior
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2001
Three Div. I guards. Numerous transfers. Seemingly not a sniff at any time towards Rutgers. Was there a history of animosity towards the program?

The Gibbs are not the first by any means. Similarly the Bloomfield Tripucka's from a generation or so ago. And the Perth Amboy Taylor's from a generation or so ago.

I don' think it's any animosity. We just need to create a team that can put together winning seasons. Kids of gibbs caliber don't want to take a chance at Rutgers and having losing seasons. We'll get there.

I don' think it's any animosity. We just need to create a team that can put together winning seasons. Kids of gibbs caliber don't want to take a chance at Rutgers and having losing seasons. We'll get there.
Maybe he was blocked by SHU

My understanding is that graduate transfers are not subject to blocking. Ahem, ahem ... they are transferring to a school that has a graduate program unavailable at their current school.

The recruiting problem for mens basketball has been decades of futility which is a big turnoff for top tier NJ recruits.I doubt Rutgers would have attracted Mack if he was 3 inches taller.

Grad transfers still need to get a release from their current school.

Why would SHU block Gibbs from transferring to RU? The Gibbs family for the most part had higher aspirations than SHU and RU.

Well don't think the youngest is coming to Rutgers. I have a friend who is very close to the Gibbs family and they are not even giving RU a thought. You know why? One reason is that they are not winning, another reason is the facilities.

Well don't think the youngest is coming to Rutgers. I have a friend who is very close to the Gibbs family and they are not even giving RU a thought. You know why? One reason is that they are not winning, another reason is the facilities.

If you're talking about Temple, he already committed to Notre Dame.
Is that the one you're talking about, or is there another one coming up the Gibbs pipeline??

still feel werid Maryland had Gibbs commitment and told him to leave... =/

Can't be true. There are posters here who swear that since they played high school in old CYO gyms, kids don't care about facilities. And if they do, they aren't players to begin with.

Facilities are a reflection of a school's commitment to a sport.

Some schools win without good ones but not too many.

Yes I didn't know that he commit already. Thanks for the info.

ADVERTISEMENT