ADVERTISEMENT

The most underpaid power 5 head coaches......#1 KF

If true, its not something to be proud of having the lowest paid head coach.Flood still has to do more with less in order to survive in the B1G where there are no easy wins.

"he still managed to win three Big Ten games last year. Tim Beckman has won four Big Ten games in three seasons at Illinois, and he made $1,950,250 at Illinois last season. Darrell Hazell has won one Big Ten game in two seasons, and he made $2,090,000 at Purdue. Flood has made $2,607,000 in three seasons at Rutgers, or $113,347.83 per win."

Flood will get paid don't worry. Rutgers was just doing the smart thing and making sure he was the kind of coach we were hoping he would be. And so far he has proved himself to be the type of coach that Rutgers wants and the players want and that (most) of the fans want. I think after this 2016 recruiting class when he signs a very good class that the few Flood hold-outs will come on board and Flood will get a raise and be our coach for the next 5-10 years.

If not more, but obviously who knows since that is so far into the future.

The one thing that worries me is people expectations for this season. This is the BIG10. There are no easy games. I just hope people aren't expecting us to DEFINITELY make a bowl game just because we did last year. I think this year is going to be a year of growing pains with some flashes of brilliance. And then the NEXT season and the year after that will be some great days for RU football.

I don't think we definitely make a bowl game but I'm considered a negative person on this board. That would mean 5 wins this season possible Norfolk, Kansas, Indiana, Army and Maryland. Wa State is 50/50 since we will have to score a lot with a new QB to keep up with them. Pa State and Mich, I hope we have a chance.

Maybe Flood is paid right and most of the other colleges coaches are way overpaid.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with Flood being the lowest paid P5 coach. It's not like with his resume he would have gotten a head coaching job at any other P5 school. He was just in the right place at the right time here. What I do have a problem with though is people who seem to expect more out of him than coaches who are paid two to three times what he is. I'm not fully sold yet on Flood getting us to the next level, but so far he's on track. He just needs to keep improving the program little by little every year. And the improvements won't always show up in the win-loss column.

I don't have a problem with Flood being the lowest paid P5 coach. It's not like with his resume he would have gotten a head coaching job at any other P5 school. He was just in the right place at the right time here. What I do have a problem with though is people who seem to expect more out of him than coaches who are paid two to three times what he is. I'm not fully sold yet on Flood getting us to the next level, but so far he's on track. He just needs to keep improving the program little by little every year. And the improvements won't always show up in the win-loss column.

Well said.

Flood is cutting his teeth at major D1A school. Never been a HC before as he gets more experience he will get his payday. He can still go either way right now. I'm a HUGE Flood supporter and think he's here for the long hall and will only get better over time

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT