ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS-HOFSTRA GAME THREAD

Alright. I’m over it. Let’s move on. Derek Cam Wolf - stay right here haha. Rest of the guys, best of luck in the future. If you have eligibility and want to come back, eh, sure. COACH PIKE - TRANSFER. PORTAL. Illini did it. PSU did it. Look where they are. 176 kids in it now. Go get me 3 hoopers that defends, rebound, KNOCK DOWN A SHOT AND CAN MAKE A FREE THROW

Reactions: RutgersNo1
Need to grab 2 or 3 playmakers out of the portal. And dump some dead weight....ok maybe 4 or 5 playmakers....GO GET SOME ATHLETIC REBOUNDERS

Reactions: MiloTalon13
I'd agree with you but wed need experience I'd take PM back until we ease into the new players. There are 3 or 4 more that should join that list
Simpson or a transfer PG needs to start on day 1. Paul brings nothing besides trucking the defender each time he's moving to the rim .

CO needs to learn if he gets ball with back to basket to pivot inside with his baseline foot towards fouling extended and face the basker

Reactions: William J. Leggett
Cam Spencer once again attacks the boards. leads team in rebounding. A team full of 6'6" guys and up and none of these guys can board

Sadly.,Hofstra had more talented offensive players which Rutgers couldn't stop.They also limited Spencer shots in the second half which was important because 3 pointers are difference makers.
Aaron is real good. I live by st peters and go to alot of their games and watched him play a bunch his frosh year. I hope he enters the portal and comes here. This was a tweet of mine on him back in 2020 haha

Aaron is real good. I live by st peters and go to alot of their games and watched him play a bunch his frosh year. I hope he enters the portal and comes here. This was a tweet of mine on him back in 2020 haha
We should be recruiting more NJ players. Alot of ballers here I've watched many many HS games. But you have to figure we are at the tail end ofvrecruitingbthe under recruited players. We needed this team to step up over the last 10 games and more importantly in th. NIT to keep the recruiting momentum going. They fell short of what waa needed.

Sadly.,Hofstra had more talented offensive players which Rutgers couldn't stop.They also limited Spencer shots in the second half which was important because 3 pointers are difference makers.
We need to reexamine our offensive strategy for next year and shoot a ton more 3's
Especially Cam and Griffiths, but also Chol, Ndongo and hopefully a couple of transfers who can shoot

G
Strangely, I can enjoy the tournament knowing now that we did not belong.
this loss was closure in some ways, allows us to move on too and we are not stewing about being snubbed. At the end of the day tonights game was representative of our seasons..highs, lows, being unlucky, excitement, drama but ultimately not good enough

Hofstra scored 88 points against us.
74 in regulation, 14 in overtime
We did not play our game.
Agree. I was worried about the pace we played at even early when wet took the 10 point lead. That had not been a good sign for us since mag went down

Hofstra scored 88 points against us.
74 in regulation, 14 in overtime
We did not play our game.
Our game is against slow physically strong teams. Hofstra dictated the game we switched it uo on defense and couldnt stop them because we are not very athletic. We lack anybody on this team like RHJ that can mix it up inside and score or shoot outside & score

Agree. I was worried about the pace we played at even early when wet took the 10 point lead. That had not been a good sign for us since mag went down
Yup - early pace and scoring has been a pretty good indicator of a W or L for us all season
40-35 at halftime - it was good to be up by 5 but an ominous sign that so many points were scored

Reactions: Loyal_2RU
Yup - early pace and scoring has been a pretty good indicator of a W or L for us all season
40-35 at halftime - it was good to be up by 5 but an ominous sign that so many points were scored
One factor u can look at CS hit 4 3's in 1st half. Hes not going to get 5 more wide open looks in 2nd half. Other guys need to step up and make plays. CM dribbles way too much he had CS on a breakaway layup and didnt pass it up then had him for a 3pt look and almost lost the ball on otherside of floor. On losing shot DS got a good look but had CO for easy dunk all he had to do was get the ball up by rim.

I think also a large part of our problem is we recruited way too many projects maybe Pike had a tough sell initially and hope we are now past that stage with better players coming in
But all these guys were projects. Palm, Reib. Mag, Cliff. Caleb Hyatt Millee We missed on Jones

We need to recruit dudes that can come in and play right out of the gate. Think we got that with incoming players nut mow the cubbard is a little bare. We need to bring a couple from the portal that play fast and score to go with Woolf, DS, CS and possibly PM. We just dont have that money guy

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT