ADVERTISEMENT

Theeeee Yankees Win, Sweep and in 1st.

WhiteBus

Hall of Famer
Oct 4, 2011
After a terrible 11 game stretch the Yankees rebound to sweep the Royals.
Enjoying all of baseball this season.
Who you surprised about? For me its Houston, now has the best record in the American League. First it weird to say Houston in the American League but very surprised by their start. Surprised that the Yankees are where they are at too. The NL West is must watch baseball.

Reactions: taudelt73
After a terrible 11 game stretch the Yankees rebound to sweep the Royals.
Enjoying all of baseball this season.
Who you surprised about? For me its Houston, now has the best record in the American League. First it weird to say Houston in the American League but very surprised by their start. Surprised that the Yankees are where they are at too. The NL West is must watch baseball.

First place is nice.
Now if we can just get Nova and Tanaka back in the rotation.....and perhaps find a second baseman, a shortstop, and a third baseman.
But yeah...things sure changed quickly.

The American League East division has deeply flawed teams.The Yankees just experienced a long losing streak and yet today they are in first place.Its a home run or bust for the Yankees .

Texiera, ARod are playing over their heads and are bound to cool off soon...but they have 30HR all over the back of their baseball card, so whose to say they can't have big seasons.

Sabathia being not the same pitcher is ultimately the missing link and I don't see Tanaka coming back and making another 20 starts the rest of the season. The AL East will come down to whatever team makes the moves soon, to try and get an advantage. The difference between getting a starter is magnified this year because the division is so bunched up and looks to stay that way.

Ellsbury likely out until the All-Star break doesn't help matters either. The Astros and Twins are playing out of their minds right now, so time will tell if they get through June in good shape, will they take an aggressive stance to try and go for the playoffs. KC did it two years ago and came up short and many thought they made a huge mistake trading some prospects to try and stay in the race....the next year they make the playoffs and one game away from a World Series last year.

It's a sport that holds some attention until mid to late August once the football preseason starts and college football kicks in...but this start to the season makes it much more enjoyable than the same teams winning and at least gives some hope to some pretty much forgotten teams. Maybe the revenue sharing and leveling off and more emphasis on draft picks is starting to slow down the bigger market teams from having too much of an advantage.

Cole Hamels to Boston, Baltimore or New York is what may settle the division....all 3 need an upgrade at starter....yeah, the price is sky-high, so I'd probably look elsewhere if I'm these teams, but he's the most capable of making a 4 or 5 game difference in the standings, which could be winning the division or finishing 4th.

NJ hawk I can't argue with your view before the season started but it obviously apparent you aren't watching baseball this year

What an awful awful awful division of really bad teams! How the might AL East has fallen!

The American League East division has deeply flawed teams.The Yankees just experienced a long losing streak and yet today they are in first place.Its a home run or bust for the Yankees .

If you wanna see deeply flawed teams check out the National League East.

Another sweep by the Yankees. Another great week for baseball. So many great stories.
I just don't understand the baseball haters. So many teams are playing over their heads this year. It's going to be exciting as some will keep the pace

Tanaka back and had a very strong 7 innings and reached 95 mph on the radar gun ! Didn't see that coming.

Tanaka back and had a very strong 7 innings and reached 95 mph on the radar gun ! Didn't see that coming.
I didn't either and watching the replay of the post game and Girardi was impressed. Calling his best performance as a Yankee.

Five in a row for the Bronx Bombers.
I can't wait for Nova and Ellsbury to get back.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Holy crap another sweep by the Yankees. I'm a lifelong Yankees fan and still can't believe they are playing so good

Up next...the Nationals.
I guess lots of Mets fans will become Yankees fans for a few days.

Wow the Mets gave up a no hitter to some guy I never heard of ....and I watch a lot of baseball!!!

Wow the Mets gave up a no hitter to some guy I never heard of ....and I watch a lot of baseball!!!

I never heard of him either.
Tanaka looks fine.....Nova should be back soon. There was even talk of Ellsbury's condition improving.
Good times.

I am a Yankees fan and the biggest surprise to me IS the Yankees. Ive watched almost every game and every night has been like home run derby.

Bummer today.
Miller to DL....leads to rookie blowing 2 run lead in the 8th.....ultimately losing in 11.
There goes the winning streak. On to the Orioles.

Bad day for sure but losses and injuries are part of the game.

Yeah, but if Miller was O.K. we had a 4-2 lead, Betances for the 8th, and Miller for the 9th and an eight game winning streak....most likely. Why do we have so many injuries ?
On the plus side, our loss knocked the Metsies out of 1st place. But they're still two games over .500. Given their history I'm sure it's a thrill for them.

I still think the yanks will fade. I'm not sure Tampa will keep playing well either. Baltimore and Boston both mediocre. Toronto? Who knows.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT