ADVERTISEMENT

Three Pinstripe Observations

PAC 12 Refs definitely pissed at the B1G and took it out on Rutgers yesterday.
They are all out of jobs at the end of this season.
Honestly I never wish anyone any ill-will in terms of health, family and/or finances/employment. I think the PAC-12 crews will definitely be picked up by other conferences and hope yesterday's crew learns well from the game and helps them improve their performances for the future.

Joe P.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
I will have to insert Hanson’s Razor here “never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence”.

The PAC12 has been legendary in the CFB world for the last few decades for their horrible officiating.

The B1G will be hiring more officials to handle the additional games with 4 new teams coming in.
These officials were auditioning for B1G jobs by jobbing Rutgers (a B1G officiating requirement).

Since you were comparing missing players the impact should consider all Starting Players that were on the 1 deep from the 1st game. Fact is we were missing 3 starters due to injury : Needham, Langan, Powell. And probably a 4th when you consider WR Chris Long missed the season. I think was missing an injured OL and their 2nd string QB.
Honestly not even sure what you are arguing about here. My point was about players sitting out due to choice who could have played due to draft, transfer, etc. We were clearly among the teams LEAST impacted among bowl teams in that regard. Certainly in VERY much better shape than Miami. All teams have injuries at this time of the year. I didn't compare Miami to Rutgers on that regard, but I would assume that aspect is about a wash. This is really about opt outs. Go back to post #12 in this thread. The list of opt outs for us is largely a bunch of sub-replacement level players. Bottom line is If you think we were as impacted by sit outs as other teams (including Miami), even if you include injuries, you are as clueless as you appear. This was a net advantage to us, by a large margin. Arguing otherwise shows a lack of understanding. But you be you

Reactions: Shelby65
That was seriously one of the more poorly-officiated games I have seen. Miami's offensive tackles were literally tackling out d-ends right in front of the refs with absolutely no calls. On one of the goal line plays Miami also went offsides in obvious fashion (DT fired across the ball like almost a second before the ball was snapped) and the uncalled block in the back on one of Miami's pass was almost laughable.

Joe P.
Yeah, I typically don’t complain about officiating. It is what it is in my book 99 out of 100 times, but yesterday was awful.

Reactions: JoeRU0304
Honestly not even sure what you are arguing about here. My point was about players sitting out due to choice who could have played due to draft, transfer, etc. We were clearly among the teams LEAST impacted among bowl teams in that regard. Certainly in VERY much better shape than Miami. All teams have injuries at this time of the year. I didn't compare Miami to Rutgers on that regard, but I would assume that aspect is about a wash. This is really about opt outs. Go back to post #12 in this thread. The list of opt outs for us is largely a bunch of sub-replacement level players. Bottom line is If you think we were as impacted by sit outs as other teams (including Miami), even if you include injuries, you are as clueless as you appear. This was a net advantage to us, by a large margin. Arguing otherwise shows a lack of understanding. But you be you
The reason players are missing is immaterial. On the field, it's just a matter of who is missing from the available roster.

We had an advantage, but you can't just go by sit outs and transfers.

The reason players are missing is immaterial. On the field, it's just a matter of who is missing from the available roster.

We had an advantage, but you can't just go by sit outs and transfers.
We had a significant advantage in player availability regardless. However you want to spin it. People arguing otherwise are just wrong.

Well maybe you should be looking at it from the opposite direction. We were better than they were because we had significant opt ins. Players who chose to play because they believed, because of the culture, because of their faith in the coaching staff etc.etc. All I heard was how Miami is on the rise and their recruiting has been great. Why didn’t those players who entered the portal (if they were so essential and so good) choose to stay and play In such a great program. Maybe we were just better all around. Our guys had the same option to opt out and go elsewhere and they chose not to. Speaks volumes in my book.

Honestly I never wish anyone any ill-will in terms of health, family and/or finances/employment. I think the PAC-12 crews will definitely be picked up by other conferences and hope yesterday's crew learns well from the game and helps them improve their performances for the future.

Joe P.
They will fit in right away in the SEC.

Reactions: Kbee3
Well maybe you should be looking at it from the opposite direction. We were better than they were because we had significant opt ins. Players who chose to play because they believed, because of the culture, because of their faith in the coaching staff etc.etc. All I heard was how Miami is on the rise and their recruiting has been great. Why didn’t those players who entered the portal (if they were so essential and so good) choose to stay and play In such a great program. Maybe we were just better all around. Our guys had the same option to opt out and go elsewhere and they chose not to. Speaks volumes in my book.
Nice speech. Has zero to do with what I said, but glad you feel better now. Thanks for preaching your message

We have four teams operating on the west coast starting next year, so we will certainly be picking up some of the officials that live out that way. Same with the Big 12.
But not this crew hopefully.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT