ADVERTISEMENT

Tm Eatman Hiring Article

Where did you hear the Xavier news? She's been an assistant there before, prior to coming back to RU.

Where did you hear the Xavier news? She's been an assistant there before, prior to coming back to RU.
I think he googled, and came up with an article dating to her first hiring at Xavier. I googled and got that, unfortunately "head coach Kevin McGuff" hasn't been at Xavier in years.

It sounds to me like all three former assistants were "encouraged to leave" at the very least and I will speculate that it wasn't really Vivian's first choice. At least Chelsea and Tia left for other jobs. I believe these new assistants were brought in to help us with recruiting in particular, as we really haven't gotten a top recruit since Tyler (Aliyah Jeune may turn out to be one, but her ranking had fallen off). I hope Tasha finds something before the season starts.

Did CVS do the encouraging to leave or was this the AD's hand in the action?

This is a good question and will add: does anyone think Vivian's staff , knowing they wouldn't be named Stringer's successor,
decide among themselves to start looking for places to land before being forced to.
Also if they talked to CVS about what might happen when she retired , then decided to start looking.

Keep in mind that Chelsea was here as a coach for 5 years, and Tasha for 8 years. Tasha has had coaching experience at other schools, but Chelsea had not, so I think - encouraged or not - it was a good for Chelsea's career growth to move on. And the job she took was at a top-tier program, in a top conference.

It's entirely possible that their situations were all different - from a career perspective, it made sense for Chelsea to move to another program, as we said at the time, and as Diana noted, and the others may have left for other reasons of their own, or been told they didn't have a long-term future at RU.

Did CVS do the encouraging to leave or was this the AD's hand in the action?
There is some stinky fish rotting in P'way. No way CVS would get rid of all her assistants at the same time. The resumes of these new assistants are not exactly "eye catching."
Will be interesting to see if there are any defections due to this.

There is some stinky fish rotting in P'way. No way CVS would get rid of all her assistants at the same time. The resumes of these new assistants are not exactly "eye catching."
Will be interesting to see if there are any defections due to this.
Personally, I think the new additions are eye catching. You now have two of the best recruiters in the country on her staff and if anything has fallen off since Carlene left it has been recruiting.

Reactions: Colerr and ChasRC69
The assistants likely knew they had no chance to advance once CVS retires and are going while the going is good. Hermann will bring in a big name when CVS retires. Hopefully, strong recruiters will fill up the roster with excellent players who will keep RU attractive until that time.

The assistants likely knew they had no chance to advance once CVS retires and are going while the going is good. Hermann will bring in a big name when CVS retires. Hopefully, strong recruiters will fill up the roster with excellent players who will keep RU attractive until that time.

this

everyone knows CVS is retiring. She most likely encouraged some of these assistants to leave and these assistants were smart to do so because they need to further their career AT PRESENT TIME so they don't get caught jobless when CVS retires

I fully expect Julie to make a big hire when CVS goes....wouldn't be surprised if she makes a run at Dawn Staley

Reactions: RUJMM78
Why does everyone think CVS is about to retire? Contracts are renewed all the time? Do you think CVS would bring in these new assistants just to throw them under the bus? Do you think they considered her retirement before changing jobs? What does everyone know that I don't know?

Why does everyone think CVS is about to retire? Contracts are renewed all the time? Do you think CVS would bring in these new assistants just to throw them under the bus? Do you think they considered her retirement before changing jobs? What does everyone know that I don't know?

Once Vivian reaches 1000 wins , then retirement talk might be something that we should think will happen sooner than later.
Since CVS has around 48 more games to go to reach 1000 wins, I think she will retire at the end f the season she reaches that goal.
Which should be just before her contract is up and she'll be 70.
Looking for the 2017-18 season to be her last, but its my opinion based on wins and age, nothing but my opinion
backing when Stringer might retire.

Can only speculate about the assistants reasons for leaving now, but think they decided that it's better to leave now than
and pick their landing spots, then be forced to find one when Stringer does retire,.
The strange thing is having all three go the same year .

I think it was a purge to bring in better recruiters and offensive minded coaches to go along with CVS' emphasis on defense.

If you analyze our team, the biggest issue will be offensive, so its a smart move to bring in assistants that can change that and help the team. Our offense has been an issue since our championship team vs. Tennessee, and who were our assistants....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT