ADVERTISEMENT

Top RB to Syracuse

I bet he wants to be a focal point of an offense, so by going to Syracuse he knew he would get his 25-30 carries a game regularly since they would probably be willing to shape their offense around him since he will one of their best weapons. (I am assuming all of this obviously and that he won't be a bust)

knrev.jpg

Reactions: MikeR0102
He committed to Florida and like 15 minutes later changed his mind and committed to Cuse. Highly doubt his mind is completely made up.

They still sell the #42 thing. Everyone thinks they will be the next Ernie Davis, etc.

Guys, is it too much to ask...year, ranking? At least you told us RB.
Yes, I know there is a link but I'm driving

I can respect a kid that goes against the grain. If he remains with Syra after signing day, then he goes to a place that needs him and isn't just another player.

Reactions: JQRU91
Agree with Oreo... Everyone here says that when top players choose RU they "are leaders and not followers at a football factory" yet when they choose Sarah we say "what a mistake"

Reactions: JQRU91
"Syracuse is in NY....the media capital of the world"......sorry, can't seem to link the actual video....but stated something along these lines

t8WyPIqVj_MG1NEP.jpg

Last edited:
Impressive and likely a very smart move by the young man and his family. His star will shine brightest in that conference. He will get positive press from all of the Syracuse alumni in the broadcast business and he won't be going up against the of the best of the B1G or SEC behind a barely competitive offensive front. It's not like he turned down O$U. May be his best shot at an NFL payday. Good fortune to him.

"Syracuse is in NY....the media capital of the world"......sorry, can't seem to link the actual video....but stated something along these lines

Media capital of the world? Yikes. Someone tweet that kid a link to Google Maps.

He also said he has decided to attend the "University of Syracuse", which I'm pretty sure is in Greece. (Pssst ... hey kid ...you just committed to Syracuse University, not the U. of S.)

Given his about face with Florida and his intentions to continue to take official visits, I'd say there is at least a 50-50 chance he flips before February.

No wonder Flood didn't want any part of this knuckle head.

Media capital of the world? Yikes. Someone tweet that kid a link to Google Maps.

He also said he has decided to attend the "University of Syracuse", which I'm pretty sure is in Greece. (Pssst ... hey kid ...you just committed to Syracuse University, not the U. of S.)

Given his about face with Florida and his intentions to continue to take official visits, I'd say there is at least a 50-50 chance he flips before February.

I would love to see you make these comments in the same room as Robert Washington and his family. Getting a little personal ya think? Stay Classy.

Robert Washington will be an early at the school he ends up at, so Cuse doen't have to hang on until February. But please give more details about this about face with Florida.

I would love to see you make these comments in the same room as Robert Washington and his family. Getting a little personal ya think? Stay Classy.

Robert Washington will be an early at the school he ends up at, so Cuse doen't have to hang on until February. But please give more details about this about face with Florida.
Hey I'm a big RU fan but hate the state of FB in the northeast lately...good for you guys..I'd like a stronger UConn too so the east gets the respect it deserves..I grew up in Belleville and FB is in our blood.

Reactions: Blueblood4eva
Hey I'm a big RU fan but hate the state of FB in the northeast lately...good for you guys..I'd like a stronger UConn too so the east gets the respect it deserves..I grew up in Belleville and FB is in our blood.

People are ripping the Cuse-Uconn series. Robert Washington's mother lives in Connecticut. That's a convenient game for Mom.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
Before LOI day , don't call any recruit a knucklehead because of his choice , that recruit might just flip to RU.
Doubt the kid stays committed to the Fruit with him taking more visits
People are ripping the Cuse-Uconn series. Robert Washington's mother lives in Connecticut. That's a convenient game for Mom.
Seems like a good reason to commit, but going to UConn might be a good idea if being close to his mom is why he picked the fruit.

OrangeJC, can definitely understand defending your team, but I wonder if you say similar things on your board when the cuse faithful begin ripping on NJ (yet hyperventilate if a NJ kid commits there). I'd ask those fans to go tell your NJ kids what they think of their home state and see what the reaction is.

Regarding Washington, if the commit sticks, I'd give the kid credit for going where he probably has the prime opportunity to play/develop as opposed to getting stars in his eyes over a 'big name' (basically the opposite of JG).

Joe P.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
He is listed as the #15 player at his position and the #12 player in NC. This is by Rivals. How far down do the **** players go in the position rankings, anyone know?

Hope he likes snow + cold. Someone should tell him he's gonna need a new winter wardrobe, LOL. I had to buy one when I was up there.

Wonder what Dontae Strickland is thinking now...oh well DB will have to do up in the ACC polar hinterand.

Since Syracuse University is in Syracuse, NY, doesn't that make the wording "University of Syracuse" correct?

Syracuse is a dying program. There are plenty of better 3 win schools in better conferences with better academics and location to choose from.

Not everyone has to go to RU but choosing the Tundra is just a bad choice if you have an offer for Florida or some place similar.

Yeah let me think, the Swamp or the school where the coach says he can't worry about being blown out in front of 3 fans because of ISIS, oh what a tough one

Florida would not accept his verbal commit when he tried to give it to them...

Reactions: StyleKnight
Syracuse is a dying program. There are plenty of better 3 win schools in better conferences with better academics and location to choose from.

Not everyone has to go to RU but choosing the Tundra is just a bad choice if you have an offer for Florida or some place similar.

Yeah let me think, the Swamp or the school where the coach says he can't worry about being blown out in front of 3 fans because of ISIS, oh what a tough one

Forgot about Shafers ISIS rant, HAHAHAHAHA!!!

There seems to be a few angles here. He gave an interview to BR a few days earlier saying he would commit there. Seems like he never visited Florida, they had neve met him. Somewhere aling the line he realized Florida wasnt in the card. BR also seems to have egg, as they may have tried to front ru. His announcement at 3pm. The florida "announcement" was on a video about 20 minutes before his intended live announcement. So chicken and egg are a bit murky hear from what Ive read. Tyler Donohue's twitter feeds provide the best timeline of what happened.

Wonder what Dontae Strickland is thinking now...oh well DB will have to do up in the ACC polar hinterand.
lets see. is there problem for you understanding that larry csonka and floyd little played in same backfield at syracuse, both all americans , both pro hof players ?? must be a totally foreign and difficult concept for ya.

ADVERTISEMENT