SG Williams (Jr)/Goode (so)
SF Freeman (Sr)/Laurent (so)
PF Foreman (Jr)
C Doorson (Jr)/Diallo (so)

For the Class of 2016....we need
1.) a Shooting Guard...(Kwe Parker)
2.) a Power Forward....

For the Class of 2017...we eed
1.) A Center (Doorson will be a Sr and Diallo will be a junior when this prospect is a frosh)
2.) A Small Forward (Lawrent will be a junior and there will be no other SF on roster)
3.) A PG (Sanders will be a senior and Johnson will be a junior)

We definatela need a SG in the class...Parker looks good there

We need to add a forward...and maybe two. Who are heavily invoced here with

A Point Guard and Center, unless a major upgrade talent OR someone who you really like and will redshirt for some separation, should wait to the class of 2017

Thoughts?

Basically there's not much I disagree with other than I think we could use a 3 during this recruiting period.

Even a JUCO to hold things over until we could recruit our next one would be great. I don't like having just Laurent at the 3. We don't even have the necessary guard depth to play three across if Laurent were to go down.

Phila:

If we get parker...Would really like a Deep shooting three man to complement the rim attacking Sanders and Parker

Reactions: RUJMM78
3 man definitely needed. With a good number of guards, maybe we play small ball a lot of games. This year, think of all the guards we have. I would also say this- we should be looking for a shooting guard that is 6 4+. That is just the big.

Also, who knows how long Corey Sanders stays here for. If he is a 2 and out, Parker would must likely take over the 1. We saw with Nd Jerian Grant how important four years are. A lot of these kids come from little though and just want to start making money. It isn't the smartest decision though.

I know we're looking at quentin jackson jr, who is a great pg. Passes, shoots very well. Pretty mature.

Nigel Johnson can be a Myles Mack type of player for us. I think Sanders stays here for 2-3 years.

Mike Williams is able to succeed at sg at this level because he plays on both ends and plays in a physical fashion.

Parker is developing his game and he is more than a dunker. I do think Dunks from that position are very neutralized at this level so it is good his game is more than that. Just not going to get over a 6 10 pf/center in the big ten. We all remember Ohio State.

From what I have read, EJ is looking at Freeman as more of a PF. If so, I would love a swingman 2-3 in 2016. Juco Bashir Ahmed seems to fit the bill nicely, although it makes us a little "junior heavy". Regardless, that seems to be a perfect fit all around.

If Freeman is playing SF , then we DEFINITELY need a PF in 2016 and preferably a graduate transfer. Heck, I might even start digging under rocks for a 2015 PF as a GT, Juco, Hardship, whatever - again , if we are looking at Freeman as primarily a SF.

Shore, no doubt. Bashir Ahmed, although junior heavy, would get this team to the tournament.

We're also recruiting Deriante Jenkins.

One funny thing is that Bashir Ahmed comes from Freemans school and Jenkins comes from Sanders school. They have played together on the same team for a while.

Jenkins is a great basketball player. Ahmed would take us to the tournament. Sanders, Williams, Ahmed, Freeman, Diallo is a tourny bound five.

One thing I hope Freeman knows is that he needs to gain weight. Big is big, and you need to match it.

If you guys have a chance, follow Rhoops on twitter. He'll tell you about the incoming recruits. I know we have offered a philly prospect a week ago, Dandre hunter. Seems to have a decent game. He is a forward.

I wouldn't be worried about Corey Sanders leaving after a couple of years. The only way he'll do that is if he leads us to a nice tourney run. And if that happens nobody will care who comes and goes, because our recruiting will be much easier.

Reactions: RUKeystone
Go
I wouldn't be worried about Corey Sanders leaving after a couple of years. The only way he'll do that is if he leads us to a nice tourney run. And if that happens nobody will care who comes and goes, because our recruiting will be much easier.

Good point, Phila.

Shore, no doubt. Bashir Ahmed, although junior heavy, would get this team to the tournament.

We're also recruiting Deriante Jenkins.

One funny thing is that Bashir Ahmed comes from Freemans school and Jenkins comes from Sanders school. They have played together on the same team for a while.

Jenkins is a great basketball player. Ahmed would take us to the tournament. Sanders, Williams, Ahmed, Freeman, Diallo is a tourny bound five.

One thing I hope Freeman knows is that he needs to gain weight. Big is big, and you need to match it.

Ahmed is an excellent player. In my view he becomes the best player on the team the moment he sets foot on campus. We have a legitimate chance to land him. St. John's has been his favorite for some time, but they are heavily involved with a number of prospects that have similar games. If they land Rowan this year, and Heron next season - as expected - Ahmed may decide to look in another direction. If we can convince him to sign during the early signing period it would be a huge coup for the program. If Parker commits to us that will help. Ahmed wants to be on a team that has talent.

I do not know that getting both Parker and Ahmed makes us an NCAA tournament team, but it would almost certainly put us in the bubble territory.

Ahmed is an excellent player. In my view he becomes the best player on the team the moment he sets foot on campus. We have a legitimate chance to land him. St. John's has been his favorite for some time, but they are heavily involved with a number of prospects that have similar games. If they land Rowan this year, and Heron next season - as expected - Ahmed may decide to look in another direction. If we can convince him to sign during the early signing period it would be a huge coup for the program. If Parker commits to us that will help. Ahmed wants to be on a team that has talent.

I do not know that getting both Parker and Ahmed makes us an NCAA tournament team, but it would almost certainly put us in the bubble territory.

No doubt, Bdodger. I think Bashir Ahmed is a program changer in how humble he is. Just plays the game, and does it really well. I think if you have someone like Sanders, Bashir, Freeman and Diallo, you have players who could get to the tournament, or at least the bubble like you said. Then behind them you have a great bench.

We can dream. I just hope we stay in contact with Ahmed.

Coaches use to be able to project 3-4 years out...now, with transferring being so common place, its hard to even project 1 year out, let alone 2...which is why recruiting players that can play multiple positions/styles is key...as getting 2's and 3's and even a few 4's that can almost be interchangeable can give flexibility if "unexpected" openings.

Coaches have to almost recruit for the now...which means less projects (high risk, high reward) but players that can provide instant offense and/or variety.

Sanders won't be here his senior year, and he shouldn't be. It's about time we got some players who are the calibur to jump to the NBA early. I look forward to it.

Reactions: higgins3
Shack, I agree with you about the 2016 class. However I don't think that Jordan agrees with you. We have probably had a half a dozen new scholarship offers over the last couple of months and I do not think there is a single big man on that list.

Reactions: higgins3
I think Deandre hunter is a forward. Also, this will be Diallos first year. I think he will impress.

I think Deandre hunter is a forward. Also, this will be Diallos first year. I think he will impress.
Hunter is a small forward, not a big man. Also remember that Lewis graduates so we will be losing one center already.

Diallo and Lewis step in. Diallo grabbed something like 12-16 rebounds per game in HS. I think he will do well here. I am not expecting a total ball player, but someone who can position himself on the boards for us. Scoring will come from Sanders, Freeman, Williams, Foreman, and Daniels. Someone needs to rebound.

That is Diallo, Freeman, Laurent, and Shaq.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT