ADVERTISEMENT

Uniforms Uniforms Uniforms

1371251886478.jpg

The new uniforms are hideous. The white unis are the best of the lot, but that ain't saying much. Yeah the kids love them, but listen to what the kids consider music.

The new uniforms are hideous. The white unis are the best of the lot, but that ain't saying much. Yeah the kids love them, but listen to what the kids consider music.

#quintessentialoldguypost

Reactions: mal359
The old ones look horrible compared to the new. Anyone with any vague sense of style can see that blatantly. Drop it already.

Hmmmm. So the entire Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, Iowa, OSU, Bama, USC, USCe, LSU, Ole Miss, Miss St, Florida and other national brands have no fashion sense?

Right. Our fake scuff marks, dents and scratches Power Ranger uniforms are sooooooo BIG TIME.

uhhhh how about no. those uniforms are ungodly ugly and stale. Most high school unis look better than those now.

cool would you like to donate the money to buy brand new uniforms in the old style? I mean you can designate your donations to RU to athletics, just make sure you tell them uniforms. Must be the old ones

My only problem with the current uniforms is the numbers. If they put white numbers on the black and scarlet jerseys they would be perfect. White jerseys are fine with the silver numbers.

No white numbers on the black. Maybe red, but white wouldn't fit. I agree with putting white numbers on the red jerseys, Fix the red, and wear them with the white pants, and you'd have a cool updated version of our old, classic uniforms. The biggest problem with our current jerseys aren't the design, it's the colors used in them. Look at the white uniforms. Bright white and red, but the same design, and they are fantastic.

Asked some of the players after the spring game which uniforms they preferred, quite a few of them expressed a preference for the red ones they were wearing. One even said, "The new red ones look pink." All of them talked about how cool the old matte black helmets used to be and a few said they heard we might try to use them this year.

The matte black helmets with a silver or red block R and our new black uniforms? Count me in.

Edit: Also, I've been told by someone in the Athletic Department administration that they're looking into fixing the visibility problem on the numbers. Not sure how, just know they're looking at it.

While I like the old uniforms, too, I prefer the new ones.

Also, after all the "I can't read the numbers" commentary around our new uniforms, I was reminded during the spring game how the old uniforms always bunched up and made it hard to read the numbers, too... a 6, 3, and 8 all ended up looking the same when the middles of each number bunched together, for instance.

I would like to see some red/white combos in the new style, though, rather than the monochrome all the time.

I like the new unis - have no problem with the old ones either. The only thing is I wish they would have had the names on the back at the spring game.

Hmmmm. So the entire Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, Iowa, OSU, Bama, USC, USCe, LSU, Ole Miss, Miss St, Florida and other national brands have no fashion sense?

Right. Our fake scuff marks, dents and scratches Power Ranger uniforms are sooooooo BIG TIME.
Those programs have major history and their unis at part of that. We don't have that kind of football history . We are basically the new guys on the block and we have created our own identity with the cool new unis . You will have to get over that . There are more serious issues to worry about in life.

Those programs have major history and their unis at part of that. We don't have that kind of football history . We are basically the new guys on the block and we have created our own identity with the cool new unis . You will have to get over that . There are more serious issues to worry about in life.
Those unis gave me a comfortable feeling.Sort of like watching my favorite FB team playing instead of Space Rangers vs the Planet Gorgon.

I can't believe all you old fogeys hatin' on our new uniforms. They go great with our new dance team outfits:

NewScarletRangerCheerleaders.jpg

I take great pride in knowing who is on the team and like to know who made a catch or tackle. The new home uniforms just plain suck for reading numbers off jerseys. My wife constantly asks who was that and my answer, I have no idea can't read the numbers or have to guess. I have 15th row tickets on the 40 and 20/20 vision. Change the color of the numbers, salmon color jerseys and their fine. Don't give me their not salmon color either. In a dark room sure their red in sunlight their salmon.

Reactions: DJ Spanky
I take great pride in knowing who is on the team and like to know who made a catch or tackle. The new home uniforms just plain suck for reading numbers off jerseys. My wife constantly asks who was that and my answer, I have no idea can't read the numbers or have to guess. I have 15th row tickets on the 40 and 20/20 vision

Just as an extension of this, my buddy and I (we run our tailgate) used to always bring multiple copies of the depth chart and the roster by number to pass out in the stands to our tailgate group and others who we've become friendly with. The past couple of years we've stopped doing that, because no one can tell any of our players' numbers on the field. A couple of people who sit by us don't even bring their binoculars anymore because of this.

I prefer the red top with white pants ,with names and numbers on the back of the shirt.Fans aren't mind readers remembering players numbers without a roster provided entering the stadium.Information helps with the enjoyment of watching and discussing what is happening with fans sitting in your seating area.

Ultimately what matters is winning far more than the color of the jersey.

Uhhhh... history? What team was the victor in what is cited as the very first collegiate football game? Rutgers, no? I think that qualifies the program as being historically significant, for what that's worth. All that aside, I'm a fan of the no-nonsense classic uniforms.

Reactions: Tango Two
Old unis are boring. New unis need a darker red and a way to fix the numbers. Our black and white unis are good. I think Moz mentioned those classic unis of about 10 NCAA teams, about 5 of them suck.

And we have no football history. We played in the first game and then forgot about football for 100 years. We are now creating our history.

Uhhhh... history? What team was the victor in what is cited as the very first collegiate football game? Rutgers, no? I think that qualifies the program as being historically significant, for what that's worth. All that aside, I'm a fan of the no-nonsense classic uniforms.

Old unis are boring. New unis need a darker red and a way to fix the numbers. Our black and white unis are good. I think Moz mentioned those classic unis of about 10 NCAA teams, about 5 of them suck.

And we have no football history. We played in the first game and then forgot about football for 100 years. We are now creating our history.
Not really .im talking about real college football great programs . We don't have that . Can't believe you would even say that . Yes we played first game blah blah but we have not been relevant in football. Time to move on from old boring unis.

Right. No history. Only the Empire State building was lit up for RUTGERS and the ENTIRE NATION TUNED IN

This is f*cking Rutgers football below. The Power Ranger uniforms will be associated with getting our asses kicked in the AAC and our start in the B1G.

Somebody with a vision and bravado like GS will bring them back, next time around.
bilde

Reactions: Rutgers1976
Oh, and for you ASS CLOWNS who scream "WEAR SCARLET TO THE GAME!" Why? Our colors are black, grey, white, salmon, silver, scuff mark grey, whatever now. Right?

And let's not forget how the uniforms go with our new mascot:

NewScarletRangerMascot.jpg

Right. No history. Only the Empire State building was lit up for RUTGERS and the ENTIRE NATION TUNED IN

This is f*cking Rutgers football below. The Power Ranger uniforms will be associated with getting our asses kicked in the AAC and our start in the B1G.

Somebody with a vision and bravado like GS will bring them back, next time around.
bilde
The funny thing about your comment is that Schiano designed the new uni's. Personally I liked the old uni's. But hated the red helmet. I like the new helmet options (especially the white) better.

People post those old unis with the plain monotone font on the front as if it looks cool.

We get it - it brings back memories for you. But we had those old unis with the knight logo too. Its not like we have had the same uniforms for a century and then changed them.

The new uniforms look great. Esp the white and the black. The different helmet combos too are great. Our white unis with the chrome or w the red R on white helmet. And our black on a blackout day are SICK.

The red is OK. Its not the best but it certainly still looks better than the old plain-janes. I'd agree t would be cool to have more red w white to break it up.

Calling them power ranger uniforms is just silly. From commentators on TV, to kids around NJ, to the players etc - our uniforms stand out and they are really sharp.

No one cares about those old bland uniforms from the "what's a Rutgers?" Days. We came into the B1G with these uniforms its part of who we are now going forward.

Sometimes I wonder if you guys wanna play Colgate and ha e 10k ppl go to games again. Just for those good ol old days.

ADVERTISEMENT