ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV Football releases new uniforms

I don't think those are the real UNLV uniforms. It seems it's a fan creation via photoshop. I have the exact template they used and Nike would've done a better job with the mockups. I could be wrong though.
Are you good at renderings? Wondering if you'd like to take a stab at a concept I've got in mind.

Let's hear (read) the idea.
Pretty much Washington's 2013-2014 template (ditched last year). Sub red for purple and chrome for bronze:

HOME:
0ap2000000324237.jpg

AWAY:
images

ALTERNATE:
images

HELMET:
washington1.png

Key features:
1.) Shiny helmet (no battle scars though) with traditional striping. [Edit]: On second thought, a single tapering/narrowing stripe like Michigan State's might look even better and would symbolize the knight's helmet ploom (in scarlet with really narrow black outline):
51w-iDjrSVL._SY355_.jpg

rutgers_scarlet_knights_alt_6_replica_front.jpg

*the "R" here looks flat -- would recommend translucent/metallic finish like Washington's "W".

2.) Traditional (and readable) numbering
3.) Shoulder piping is a more subtle nod to knight armor (as opposed to battle scars)

Last edited:
Just to clarify, would these be glow in the dark black numbers on the black jerseys?

Someone is going to do EL panel numbers.. it would be cool if it were us.. the problem is.. where do the batteries go? Inside the shoulder pads somewhere? Would sweat/rain be an issue?

8-EY-BG.jpg
8-EY-BG.jpg

Maybe an EL Panel block R in the helmet under a clear block R part of the helmet.

R-EY-BG.jpg

Would only be cool if we were first with this.. TRON

Reactions: mildone
Pretty much Washington's 2013-2014 template (ditched last year). Sub red for purple and chrome for bronze:

HOME:
0ap2000000324237.jpg

AWAY:
images

ALTERNATE:
images

HELMET:
washington1.png

Key features:
1.) Shiny helmet (no battle scars though) with traditional striping
2.) Traditional (and readable) numbering
3.) Shoulder piping is a more subtle nod to knight armor (as opposed to battle scars)
I prefer our unis & helmets over these suggestions, just remove the shoulder scrapes & make the last name letters & numbers more contrasting silver/grey with a a more contrasting outline, & make the red a truer red in all lighting. Our battlescarred helmets are the best & most unique. Everyone has shiny chrome. We shouldn't use it.

I prefer our unis & helmets over these suggestions, just remove the shoulder scrapes & make the last name letters & numbers more contrasting silver/grey with a a more contrasting outline, & make the red a truer red in all lighting. Our battlescarred helmets are the best & most unique. Everyone has shiny chrome. We shouldn't use it.
Creepy, your infatuation with helmets, just freaking creepy!

What

Really you were the asswhole that responded to me first, D head. You keep saying that Rutgers helmets is the best but as you have bought many different versions of the many mini helmets which helmet are you saying is the best?? Rutgers uses many different helmets. You're a creepy cellar dweller. Please leave your mom's basement and get some fresh air idiot!
Nice try asshole. Wrong again. I'm sure I have a better life than you & haven't lived at home in over 20 years. Enjoy your misery grandpa.

Oh so you live in a hole. Please stop you crap. You responded FIRST to me on this thread, you are the stalker, creepy asshooooole here not me. My age has nothing to do with why I don't like the inability to see numbers on jerseys. You are the nerd that collects mini helmets not me. Please get some fresh air!

Why are we talking about more unis, they had the answer in the spring game.

Oh so you live in a hole. Please stop you crap. You responded FIRST to me on this thread, you are the stalker, creepy asshooooole here not me. My age has nothing to do with why I don't like the inability to see numbers on jerseys. You are the nerd that collects mini helmets not me. Please get some fresh air!
Old-Man-On-An-Escalator-Gif_zpsjcdhquyn.gif

Page views are rapidly approaching UNLV's 2014 spring game attendance of 2000. Amazing.
I vote to give UNLV RU's current uniforms and go back to the "Instant Classic" era uniforms used in the spring game.

Sweet. Now we won't be the only ones with salmon uniforms.

As with most trendy things, our cheesy uniforms look so dated already. I'm shocked someone else would want them..but I guess UNLV does.

ADVERTISEMENT