ADVERTISEMENT

Update

Alec Crouthamel

Freshman
Staff
May 23, 2023
Hey everyone,
As I'm sure you've been able to tell from the coverage over the summer, I'll be taking over the Rutgers women's basketball beat here at TKR. With today's preseason presser (story on that soon) it really feels like the season is right around the corner. Be sure to stay tuned to these boards and the Roundtable for some great preseason content and during the season once it kicks off!

Hey everyone,
As I'm sure you've been able to tell from the coverage over the summer, I'll be taking over the Rutgers women's basketball beat here at TKR. With today's preseason presser (story on that soon) it really feels like the season is right around the corner. Be sure to stay tuned to these boards and the Roundtable for some great preseason content and during the season once it kicks off!
Why didn’t Smikle play in the USCe exhibition game?

What’s going on with Awo Sidibe? Long-term injury?

Why didn’t Smikle play in the USCe exhibition game?

What’s going on with Awo Sidibe? Long-term injury?
Smikle dealt with an injury over the summer and also did not attend the international trip, but Washington and co. are optimistic she'll be ready to go soon. Seems like she isn't a full practice participant yet but is getting closer.

As for Sidibe, currently unsure. She was on the foreign trip but didn't play vs South Carolina. Will have to wait and see for her status.

What’s the latest on Recruiting. Some big names floating around.
As of right now seems like they're still in on those big names. Four-star Manchester native Devyn Quigley ended up committing to NC State, however, they seem to be doing well with some other five-star NJ natives in Mikayla Blakes (one of seven finalists) and Kiyomi McMiller (one of six finalists). Both have also already visited campus previously as well.

Reactions: njcanesfan
I really hope the decision by Washington to not get closer to a full roster does not hurt the team this year.

Last year, it was only 8 and they were fortunate with not having any injuries.

This year it is up to 10, with 1 walkon and they already suffered two injuries. So the healthy scholarship players are still only 8 right now. Hopefully, Smikle is back by game 1.

No coach should go into two seasons in a row expecting no injuries. This roster should have been 13. A few low level grad transfers would not impact future recruiting spots.

AND.....of course no Reporter asked about this decision.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT