ADVERTISEMENT

Very few spots left for 2016 recruiting class

RRRRUUUU

Senior
Nov 19, 2005
With the roster updated on scarletknights.com, I went through the roster to see how many scholarships are on the current roster to see how many slots there are for the 2016 recruiting class.

Based on looking at prior recruiting classes and seeing who from those classes is left on the roster (also factoring JC transfers, etc.), the current class has 81 scholarship players.

11 of those will graduate, leaving 15 open spots for 2016. Based on historical trend, we can expect 5 transfers, leaving a total of 20 spots for 2016, and we already have 17 filled.

Recruits on the fence better decide quick or it may be too late.

I think we will have 3 5th yr seniors who will not be asked back and 2-3 transfer so your numbers seem about right.

Hmm.. Of the scholarship RS JRs, I can't see any of those not being asked back. I'm including RS JR ship players as:

JPO, peoples, peele, Nelson, muller, longa, lambert, Jacobs, Denman, Brodie, aguidosi.

If I didn't list them, I'm assuming they're not on ship in my count.

You never truly know who's on scholarship year to year or how many are available. It seems every year there are more than expected.

Class size is also dictated by who wants to commit. Room for Gary, Dioubate, Fuller and Walker until NSD, and Harmon for a long time as well. Five transfers feels low. Who left in the last year? Stephenson retired, Lott, Lister, Bedell, Blue, Huggins, Bryant Gross. That is seven, am I missing anyone?

By the way, and not saying all five, I could see five on the list of RS juniors leaving in one way or the other. I wouldn't be surprised if someone leaves before the season starts, it happens. Tough game, wake up not on the two deep time to move on if you want more playing time.

You also assumed everyone will qualify and no one will decommit, everyone has a few of those as well. And the staff knows who is at risk to qualify, and probably knows a few guys they have to worry about decommitting or a US$jr making a better offer late in the game, or some other aggre$$ive team like that.

Last edited:
Here we go again with someone trying to figure out sumpthin that only a couple of people in the AD knows fer sure

Reactions: vkj91
Here we go again with someone trying to figure out sumpthin that only a couple of people in the AD knows fer sure

Yea you're right, what a dumb idea to try to figure something out that you can't know for sure. Like how many wins RU will have this season. Like if a recruit will commit. Like what next year's class will look like. Like if we'll beat TTFP. Yea, very valid argument.

What part of this being a board to discuss issues is eluding you? The mods keep putting up those in the hunt so it isn't out of the realm of reality to be counting how many slots are left and the dynamic math problem that determines that number. I appreciate the original post that is helping this along.

The only RS Juniors I could potentially see leaving are Peoples and Brodie. Everyone else should receive ample playing time.

Thanks Shack. 25 seems very high to me though. In my estimate of 20, I am assuming 5 transfers and no walk one earning a scholarship. We can probably count on 1 walk on to earn a scholarship, so in order to get to 25, we would need 11 transfers / current RS JRs to move on. I'm also assuming if they came here on scholarship then they're still on scholarship. Maybe there is a flaw in that assumption but I don't think so.

ADVERTISEMENT