ADVERTISEMENT

Way to go #RutgersNation

I know there is another thread with similar thoughts, but this type of thing is not common in our current age of CFB. These guys are willing to put it all on the line for this program. That's on the guy at the top... it's also on the type of players he's recruiting. They are the type of young men I want on my team. All around, I'm proud to be Rutgers football fan.

Donald Trump GIF

He has established an identity here which is not easy to do in this environment. We needed to carve out a niche as a program - an alternative to what’s happening - and so far GS has done it.

I know there is another thread with similar thoughts, but this type of thing is not common in our current age of CFB. These guys are willing to put it all on the line for this program. That's on the guy at the top... it's also on the type of players he's recruiting. They are the type of young men I want on my team. All around, I'm proud to be Rutgers football fan.
I love it!

Reactions: knightfan7
NIL might be spreading the talent, but the same high profile teams are getting elite talent, and cherry-picking the best players from teams trying to elevate themselves.
Are Nebraska, Missouri, Texas Tech, Mississippi, Mississippi St, NC State, view as a elite?

Again, NIL is helping spread the talent around but you are partially, the Alabama, Georgia, Michigan, and OSU of the world are getting more than their fair share and NIL is probably not going to stop that.

Reactions: Morrischiano
Are Nebraska, Missouri, Texas Tech, Mississippi, Mississippi St, NC State, view as a elite?

Again, NIL is helping spread the talent around but you are partially, the Alabama, Georgia, Michigan, and OSU of the world are getting more than their fair share and NIL is probably not going to stop that.
Nebraska is elite in Nebraska, Mississippi - kind of the only football in town for both teams. NCst - it is most impressive as TT is well- Texas

When the “depth” players on teams like Ohio State and Michigan and Alabama and Georgia transfer to programs like Rutgers to get on the playing field I’ll be fully onboard with NIL.

I don't think that is the definition of elite that we are referring to but I get what you mean.
I get what you are saying too- there are just some places that really do not have to be elite. They are the game that generations have been involved with. Funny thing is- in a couple of these places- it is generational and yet no one even went to college. lol

When the “depth” players on teams like Ohio State and Michigan and Alabama and Georgia transfer to programs like Rutgers to get on the playing field I’ll be fully onboard with NIL.
But look at the starting OSU QB going to Syracuse.. you think he went there because he loved the school.. more likely because of a combination if guaranteed playing time and NIL.

Don't get me wrong, not saying NIL is the solution to all our problems but it can help us retain and get talent that can help us win games.

Reactions: Morrischiano
The football offices at Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State giggle when they hear Rutgers is landing transfer portal players from Sacred Heart and Monmouth. Come on now …

You have to have the NIL to get that depth.
NIL should be on everyone season’s giving list.

Reactions: eddynyse
Oh after? So you're saying you'll be part of the solution AFTER it has occurred? Interesting position.

I’ve had season tickets for men’s hoops and football way before you were probably born, and I’m no longer in the work force. NIL giving was not a part of my retirement planning.

The football offices at Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State giggle when they hear Rutgers is landing transfer portal players from Sacred Heart and Monmouth. Come on now …
I mean the guy from sacred heart was a 4 star transfer and guy from Monmouth is an fcs all American.

PSU gets a handful of junior college transfers, etc. it doesn't matter where they come from it matters if they can play.

Reactions: mdk01 and eddynyse
I’ve had season tickets for men’s hoops and football way before you were probably born, and I’m no longer in the work force. NIL giving was not a part of my retirement planning.
I get that and I'm not here to tell anyone how to spend their money. At the same time we he have to realize that NIL is impacting college sports and for us to be successful we need to be part of NIL and the changing landscape if college sports. Lets not make the same mistake of not adapting to the present environment.

Every Rutgers player that plays in the NFL makes it easier for them to stay. GS's strength is developing players and he has a strong track record of getting players to Sunday. That, and the comfort that they will be starters here does make a difference - compared to top programs we don't have 4-5*'s competing for spots with these guys. Maybe one day...

We may be getting a lot of players back for their senior year but so is everyone else. NIL has stopped the tradition of declaring for the NFL draft early except for maybe the top 5 projected picks. They can all get more money now guaranteed thanks to NIL than if they jump to the next level where NOTHING is guaranteed.

But look at the starting OSU QB going to Syracuse.. you think he went there because he loved the school.. more likely because of a combination if guaranteed playing time and NIL.

Don't get me wrong, not saying NIL is the solution to all our problems but it can help us retain and get talent that can help us win games.
Be careful. Diehard fans who live on this board will attack you if you point out that contributions to NIL are essential for diehard fans.

I don't worry about grown men who giggle.

We may be getting a lot of players back for their senior year but so is everyone else. NIL has stopped the tradition of declaring for the NFL draft early except for maybe the top 5 projected picks. They can all get more money now guaranteed thanks to NIL than if they jump to the next level where NOTHING is guaranteed.
Not true for everyone- as we are seeing- so many schools are losing starters to the portal...the point is that w kept every one of our starters except 1 to the draft and a couple that graduated. Every one of the players on the list above were offered NIL to transfer elsewhere and they stayed.

Reactions: Kbee3
Be careful. Diehard fans who live on this board will attack you if you point out that contributions to NIL are essential for diehard fans.
I think it's the way that it's pointed out by some individuals or an individual that contributes to the attacks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT