ADVERTISEMENT

What's the crowd look like tonight?

ruready4somefootball

Heisman Winner
Nov 10, 2003
I'm thinking the fact the Mets and Yankees are playing each other and throw in the Rangers playoff game tonight, and I think attendance might suffer a little.

Are you saying if columbus was playing in hockey and the reds-Indians were on tv, ohio state spring game crown would have considerable diminished?

We have to stop making excuses for fans. You either are or you aren't a fan

Reactions: RUchip
I mean, I don't think anyone thinks we have fans on par with the OSU, Nebraska, and Penn State anyways so was anybody expecting a packed HPSS?

Yeah it's empty. Professional sports town and students. Is what it is. Plus Everybody loves Raymond star kills himself at 19. So there is that to deal with too.

picture from before kickoff:

11167678_10105065325783409_6758082160534336429_n.jpg

I wouldn't know, cause I'm at the stadium.
I am in Boston. The B1G said, "FU Moz. Take a day off from work or watch it on TV."

In actuality, the conference does better if we stay home and watch on TV (advertising dollars).

Reactions: Upstream
It actually seemed like it filled in nicely. Bit of an exodus at halftime, including us since our 'bring the kids' experience wasn't a smashing success on this freezing night.

I thought this thread would be a lighthearted joke, but people are actually taking attendance at the spring game seriously?

If you're at the game and having fun, awesome. If you're sitting on the computer seething about how weak the crowd is, maybe time for a life.

by looking at pics posted here and elsewhere and crowd shots, it appears the crowd is similar to last year which was 11500. There really should be no bashing about attendance...the game is just a glorified practice and can be pretty boring.

I thought this thread would be a lighthearted joke, but people are actually taking attendance at the spring game seriously?

If you're at the game and having fun, awesome. If you're sitting on the computer seething about how weak the crowd is, maybe time for a life.

you've been here long enough to know that Rutgers fans are obsessed with attendance and especialy with spring game attendance and what schools like Miami, Pitt, Cuse and UConn get

I guess I don't usually pay much attention in the spring. I think the problem is that people here are comparing our attendance to OSU, Nebraska and Michigan. They'd be happier if they used Pitt, Cuse and Uconn.

It was boring on TV too. If EL was not doing the game, I would have been turned it off after the first series. They should have had this game like they have done it in the past, on Rutgers Day which is tomorrow.

Actually it was enjoyable watching on TV - don't listen to the troll. Too bad it had to be off by 9:20 'cause we probably would have seen more. Anyway, watching the replay of the UM/RU game right now on BTN.

Was there, and left a little before the end. Definitely chilly, certainly not what one would usually expect in late April - several people with children left around halftime, especially with young ones. Curious what the official tally ends up at.

Yellow Lot was packed.
The crowd was probably about 15,000. Packed between the 10 Yard lines.
Not bad considering the weather was bad.

VERY respectable crowd for a freezing Friday night. Yellow lot packed... blue lot 2/3 full. Coldest game I've been to in a couple of years for sure. I had a hoodie and my best winter coat on and still felt cold by early in the second half. Hope I can see it archived on BTN2go.

Lower level was packed from almost goal line to goal line, Audi lounge packed too. I think I heard the announced crowd was a little over !5K . Anthony Davis , the McCourtys, and Jamal Westerman, who did a cool, funny impromptu dance on the sidelines were all introduced to big ovations. Ray Pilch was introduced with a heart warming story how he has become a Piscataway policeman and heroically saved a child. Ray Rice was there to to address the team at the invitation of coach Flood, but neither he or Brian Leonard were in the Knights in the NFL segment. Huge turnout of commits and prospects . Tailgating was great.

Walker and Gary, and a bunch of other recruits were hanging around the south end zone during the autograph session. I noticed a huge recruit with a DePaul jacket. He looked like a good prospect...big and athletic, possibly a d-lineman.

Fireworks at the end was a nice touch. Lots of people lining up for autographs. Looks like the kids enjoyed it as usual.

I brought my 11 year old son and his two football buddies. We all had a great time.
RU did a nice job showcasing our former players. I was standing right next to Rashan Gary and Dwayne Haskins, man those two young men are impressive. Gary looks like and NFL player already and I was surprised how big and strong Haskins looked as well.
It would be great to get these guys. I also met Julian Pinnix-Odrick's brother Jared who is also a specimen and a very articulate and friendly young man. I always come away being impressed by our players, the coaches and the families.

Reactions: RUseaweed
OMG, I'm embarrassed by all the "it was freezing" comments. Jesus Christ, it was a gorgeous evening with temps in the upper 40s - perfect football weather and people are complaining?

Thought there were 15K+ there - solid crowd. Game was sloppy, but loved Laviano's late perfect mb to Agudosi for a long TD and Cioffi's awesome one-handed tap up for an INT and then the 90+ yard return for a TD at the end. Went out with a couple of friends to Stuff Yer Face and then Clydz, afterwards, and had a nice night - just got home...

Yeah I was there. Seemed like the crowd turnout was pretty good especially since I know a bunch of people who were either at the Rangers game or didn't come because it was predicted to be 40 and windy or whatever. I fully enjoyed it and I got to see my old varsity basketball teammate Mo Sanu and say whats up.

He was standing over with Dwayne Haskins and I actually saw something very interesting. Phil Galiano came over and did a legit "I am truly happy to see you" kind of hug. Seem like Haskins really feels comfortable at Rutgers stadium and with the coaching staff.

Reactions: j10oreo
i liked the offensive look... only thing that struck me as odd was that way to tie up the 21 point lead by catching the "rocks"

I hope this is the last Friday night Spring game as this didn't improve attendance to record levels as some predicted.

Lower level was packed from almost goal line to goal line, Audi lounge packed too. I think I heard the announced crowd was a little over !5K . Anthony Davis , the McCourtys, and Jamal Westerman, who did a cool, funny impromptu dance on the sidelines were all introduced to big ovations. Ray Pilch was introduced with a heart warming story how he has become a Piscataway policeman and heroically saved a child. Ray Rice was there to to address the team at the invitation of coach Flood, but neither he or Brian Leonard were in the Knights in the NFL segment. Huge turnout of commits and prospects . Tailgating was great.

If they aren't on a NFL roster, they are not on the list.

OMG, I'm embarrassed by all the "it was freezing" comments. Jesus Christ, it was a gorgeous evening with temps in the upper 40s - perfect football weather and people are complaining?

Thought there were 15K+ there - solid crowd. Game was sloppy, but loved Laviano's late perfect mb to Agudosi for a long TD and Cioffi's awesome one-handed tap up for an INT and then the 90+ yard return for a TD at the end. Went out with a couple of friends to Stuff Yer Face and then Clydz, afterwards, and had a nice night - just got home...

Stop with the "gorgeous evening" crap, E.

We know you love snow and cold but most adults don't.

Was it 2011 WVU or 2002 Temple cold? Of course not. But it was plenty chilly.

Reactions: BuckRU
I hope this is the last Friday night Spring game as this didn't improve attendance to record levels as some predicted.

Attendance was almost 16K despite a cold night when the Subway Series and a Rangers playoff game were taking place. I'd say RU officials were ecstatic at the turnout. Imagine how big this gets with normal late April temperatures.

This was my 8th Spring Game in a row with my son and I've never seen so many teens in attendance. So many different varsity jackets, which means lots of HS teams represented. I don't think that was possible on Saturday afternoons with other obligations. So my guess is that the weather depressed attendance of the casual fan, so going forward 20K or more is a real possibility, especially if there is any buzz going into the season.

Yes those 49 degrees felt a bit cold out there. Dry but a slight chill. Fun night. Nice crowd. Announced at over 15k? Maybe. I was going to say 12. But do we really care about that?

It would be great weather for a late October night game. But it was uncomfortable for a late April meaningless practice. Certainly I bear some of the blame for my being uncomfortable since I didn't dress appropriately for the temperature. But I also knew that I could leave at any time.

Reactions: BuckRU
ADVERTISEMENT