ADVERTISEMENT

Who were some of the better non-juco transfers to play at RU?

superfan01

All American
May 29, 2003
other than rettig who has yet to play who were the best non-juco transfers to play at RU?

Rj dill did a great job in 2012 from Maryland

Who else?

Forgot about seabrooks. Believe he won a national championship at UT if I remember correctly.

Alex Kroll. I believe he played for Yale, then spent a few years in U.S. Army. First Team All American At Rutgers 1960 - 61 Center

What was the reason that Fortay transfered from Miami? Wasn't it something about Pell Grants? I don't remember exactly.
I have no idea. I always just assumed he wasn't going to start at Miami. That was at a time when they were dominant.

Also fairly recently on the basketball side, Jonathan Mitchell (Florida) and Wally Judge (Kansas St). Neither will show up in any top ten lists of RU players, but both had some modest success here.

Craig Mitter was a nice running back transfer from Nebraska.

I have no idea. I always just assumed he wasn't going to start at Miami. That was at a time when they were dominant.

this. He did not get what he thought was a fair shot at the starting job. I believe the starter went on to win the Heisman.

There was a player from Army that transferred to Rutgers in the early 70s who was a two year starter at center, Captain of the Offense, and First Team All East.

One thing I never have gotten recognized for at Rutgers. I'm the WORST receiver EVER to take the field on the Banks of the Old Raritan. An average of -3 yards per catch.

Also I forget, did Tom Savage transfer out in and out, or was that just a dream

ADVERTISEMENT