ADVERTISEMENT

Why is the spring game on a Friday?

The game is on a Friday night because the BTN wants to televise it live. They requested it and we obliged. All the other B1G schools have their spring game on the BTN.

The game is on a Friday night because the BTN wants to televise it live. They requested it and we obliged. All the other B1G schools have their spring game on the BTN.

At the Pro Day Flood said it was his decision alone. He said it was so families could go without having to miss other Saturday activities such as LL. Take that for what it's worth.

At the Pro Day Flood said it was his decision alone. He said it was so families could go without having to miss other Saturday activities such as LL. Take that for what it's worth.
My memory may be failing me,but didn't we have a Spring Game on a Sunday afternoon years ago (before the crowds got big)

Knightfan7....
I missed that. I was just echoing popular opinion that the BTN asked and we obliged. KF may have been acting stately.

Because Rutgers Day already has too many things to do packed into a 6-hour time frame. It wasn't a great idea to throw in the spring game at 3 pm, no less.

Ideally, Rutgers Day evening probably would be the best time, but other schools play their games that day, too (BTN is televising 3 games tomorrow).

tumblr_mr9kgfmbfT1rctctpo1_500.gif

I thought It was a good idea to have it on a Friday. I'm assuming that most Rutgers fans don't travel as far as the larger state schools in the big and they pretty much monopolized viewership , so it was good live exposure to recruits . I thought they ran they ran the thing pretty well.

Put it this way I like the idea of having it at night (whether its Fri or Sat) - having it in the middle of Rutgers Day never made any sense to me.

Reactions: LadyRU09
Put it this way I like the idea of having it at night (whether its Fri or Sat) - having it in the middle of Rutgers Day never made any sense to me.

Speaking of the Spring Game, how many of you remember the game in the Shea era when a bunch of RU FB alums won the game.

It was going to be Monday night football with a Howard Cosell impersonator. But the B1G said no.

Tonight the crowd is going wild inside high point solutions stadium........

Yeah, fighting rush hour traffic on a Friday is a great idea.

Love the B1G but RU has to put foot down a little bit. November Homecoming was ridiculous and Spring Game festivities during rush hour was not the wisest move. In both situations a real possibility of bad weather, and low and behold, we got bad weather for both and it really undercut attendence. Not complaining just the facts.

Lmfao.

Late April guys. Weather was a freak occurance.

And I really can't stand the pretentiousness of acting like the Friday night game was the most blatantly dumb thing ever. Many people like the idea. Just BC you prefer it in the middle of Rutgers day BC it works for YOU, does not mean it was horrible for everyone else. Many people showed up so couldn't have been that bad. You act as if Saturdays can't be busy for people or that Rutgers day wouldn't have caused traffic too. Get over yourselves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT