Will Rutgers Make A Bowl This Year?

• Yes!

Votes: 127 63.2%
  • Nope

Votes: 71 35.3%
  • Eligible but No

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters
Just barely...6-6..with a bowl win 7. Gotta pull 1 upset and ride our running game and D until QB play catches up.

If we can somehow muster halfway decent QB play than 6 wins seems feasible. Anything more than that and I will continued to be impressed with what Flood has done so far in the B1G.

Before every season starts I make Al look like a pessimist.
Besides winning the National Championship, Rutgers will take the Super Bowl Trophy home.
Screenshot%202014-02-05%20at%2011.20.20%20AM.png

But sanity makes me think RU ( like in 2014) will do better than expected and a Bowl game is going to be achieved.
csul2b22rutg_(1500)_blk___thumbnail.jpg

8-4, losses to MSU/OSU
Split Wisc/Neb, will be our biggest win in the B1G
Split Mich/PSU, unfortunately we are not that far along yet that we can just walk into100K stadiums and expect to win every time.

I believe a record of 9-3 would qualify a team for a bowl, wouldn't it?

Who out of the following would you call an upset and why?

Norfolk State
Wash St
Kansas
Army
Indiana
Maryland
UMD cause we shoulda lost last year but with GN at QB we steadied the ship along with JG's big special teams play's and lets face it...we pulled it out not really won it...the opposite of PSU were we outplayed them but lost despite ourselves!! I don't see QB play jelling early enough for much more. As usual we'll lose one we should win and win one we should lose. Hopefully we'll pull a MD on PSU this season. I've been following RU since the sixties and would love to say eight and four....not happening IMO thinking rationally...if you don't want opinions...why ask? Anyways we'll know soon. Give me your predictions and lets see whose right in December !! I'd be overjoyed at 7-5 this yr before our bowl win!!...I thought I was being optimistic here?

UMD cause we shoulda lost last year but with GN at QB we steadied the ship along with JG's big special teams play's and lets face it...we pulled it out not really won it...the opposite of PSU were we outplayed them but lost despite ourselves!! I don't see QB play jelling early enough for much more. As usual we'll lose one we should win and win one we should lose. Hopefully we'll pull a MD on PSU this season. I've been following RU since the sixties and would love to say eight and four....not happening IMO thinking rationally...if you don't want opinions...why ask? Anyways we'll know soon. Give me your predictions and lets see whose right in December !! I'd be overjoyed at 7-5 this yr before our bowl win!!...I thought I was being optimistic here?

Relax Francis.

What does last year's game have to do with this year? Trying to predict based on last year doesn't work when 50% of the starters on both teams are gone. It'll be a matter of who's playing better and who's healthier by Game #12.

Btw, last time I checked all that matters is the final score, not how you got there. I don't see any PSU fans saying they really didn't win the game just because they pulled it out at the end.

I'm going with 7-5.

Wins:

Norfolk State
Washington State
Kansas
Army
Indiana
Maryland

And 1 of PSU, Michigan, or Nebraska.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
This season could be anywhere from a three win season to an eight win season. The experts all agree that Rutgers will not win more than 5 games.

Let's see if Flood can pull off some upsets.

Reactions: Section118
This season could be anywhere from a three win season to an eight win season. The experts all agree that Rutgers will not win more than 5 games.

Let's see if Flood can pull off some upsets.

"The experts all agree that Rutgers will not win more than 5 games."
Last year it was less wins predicted by the so called experts, so with 5 games the limit for this season:
Rutgers should win 10 going by how the experts are predicting how Rutgers will do in 2015

I expect Rutgers to make a bowl game every year.

They make one again this year, maybe they can go 7-5 again or fight to a 6-6, but they will get there.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
Relax Francis.

What does last year's game have to do with this year? Trying to predict based on last year doesn't work when 50% of the starters on both teams are gone. It'll be a matter of who's playing better and who's healthier by Game #12.

Btw, last time I checked all that matters is the final score, not how you got there. I don't see any PSU fans saying they really didn't win the game just because they pulled it out at the end.
OK,knightfan...what is your prediction for this season...which game do you think we'll win were not expected too?

My prediction: We are going to win at least 3 of our conference games this year. One of those will be a huge upset over a B1G powerhouse. We take all 4 non-conference games and go 7-5 regular season.

My prediction: We are going to win at least 3 of our conference games this year. One of those will be a huge upset over a B1G powerhouse. We take all 4 non-conference games and go 7-5 regular season.
I like that...thinking along the same lines.We can shock someone with a near perfect game and a sudden change score...but which game? Nebby or Wisky ?? Nothing would lift me more than winning at the Nitts.

It's still early. An unforeseen injury or two could change the fortunes to any team but based on what I see now, I believe RU will beat the 6 teams I listed previously. I don't like to predict RU will lose any game so I'll say everything would have to break right for RU to beat any of MSU, Wisc, and of course OSU.

I believe RU will have a good chance against, in order Mich, PSU, and Nebraska. I'm saying 7 or with a break 8 wins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT