ADVERTISEMENT

Women's Basketball to Meet South Dakota State in Second Round of Battle4Atlantis

RU down 6 with 10 minutes left in the 3rd
And down 22 at the end of the 3rd. Yesterday Tennessee outscored us 30-4 in the third period. Today South Dakota State outscored us 24-8 in the third period.

Last edited:
And down 22 at the end of the 3rd. Yesterday Tennessee outscored us 30-4 in the third period. Today South Dakota State outscored us 24-8 in the third period.
75 - 56 final

not a good sign , even if a bad season was expected , losing to teams like this .
The Jackrabbits were 29-9 last year and won the NIT championship beating Seton Hall and also had wins over Alabama and UCLA ( twice)
So the loss might not be as bad as it looks but its a loss.

not a good sign , even if a bad season was expected , losing to teams like this .
The Jackrabbits were 29-9 last year and won the NIT championship beating Seton Hall and also had wins over Alabama and UCLA ( twice)
So the loss might not be as bad as it looks but its a loss.
They are a solid team every year. Winning would almost certainly have been considered an upset this year.

As I said a few days back - win the games you can and perhaps should. This was not likely to be one of them.

This is an elite women’s tournament. The 2nd game last night after ours decided our opponen on the losers side of the bracket. The game was between #3/5 Texas and #6 Louisville. THIS WAS THE LOSERS SIDE OF THE BRACKET We face Texas in tonight’s game. Our team has 8 girls who have played a lot of minutes in the first two games. Coquese is doing a great job shuffling players in and out to make sure no one is overly tired but to expect us to compete at the level of the others in the tournament isn’t fair.

Reactions: Esipos1 and MADHAT1
... but to expect us to compete at the level of the others in the tournament isn’t fair.
Q? And to whom could we thank for that?
Hint: Her name is now on the court.

And before you label me as a hater who only comes around when things are bad that is not true. I have supported this program for years both with buying tickets and donations. But Viv screwed Rutgers over. To me her legacy is tarnished by the last few years. She could have retired gracefully with full honors and respect. She chose not too

Last edited:

And before you label me as a hater who only comes around when things are bad that is not true. I have supported this program for years both with buying tickets and donations. But Viv screwed Rutgers over. To me her legacy is tarnished by the last few years. She could have retired gracefully with full honors and respect. She chose not too
Agree 100% she completely screwed the program and Rutgers and it to me is a shame her name is on the basketball court but that was probably the last thing she made sure and what we had to do to get rid of her because Hobbs had wanted her out for years
With that said I feel very bad for the girls who are still here and commend them but unfortunately I don't know if we even win another game this year

I don't think I have ever heard this mentioned on this board before. Thanks for that original content. You have 27 more games to come back and post the same thing RainMan.

and we can chose to move on instead of looking back just at the negative and forgetting or ignoring the good that came to the program because of a HC.
As for hurting the program, by not giving up the ghost, true but sometimes coaches think the end might be near but feel not just yet.and if a health problem, fight the notion health won't improve..

So you probably aren't a hater, just can't move on from someone disappointing you.

Reactions: LtCol144
I wasn’t looking for more of the same old comments from the same old posters. I was simply stating that the level of competition in this tournament was top notch. The highly ranked teams playing here were very good. But those who want to continue to bash can’t let a chance to do so go by. Just leaving Nassau after cheering these kids on for 3 games. Saw them in the airport and their spirit is not broken. Let’s move forward not dwell on the past.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT