ADVERTISEMENT

Won Series vs Minny ... Now Onto Indiana

Feb 13, 2015
Nice win Sunday to close out the series. I think the poor start by Brey Saturday was not anything to be even slightly concerned about. He's been a stud for years.

We are in 5th in the B1G but now the conference schedule gets a little more compettive. If we can win one in Indiana and take the series against Mich St I feel pretty good about us getting into the B1G tourney.

Well said. Brey can throw, very surprised about his performance, but hoping for dominance by him next weekend. Nice to see some long ball from the Knights this past weekend.

11-4 losses to Wagner don't help (blowing a 4-1 lead in the 8th and giving up 10 in that inning is inexcusable.It's not like Wagner is 18-7.

Last three non-conference games - losses to Manhattan (they don't even have a baseball field on campus), Monmouth and Wagner. Even our better non-revs continue to fail to step up to the plate (so to speak). Very disappointing.

I may be wrong, but RU had a big lead against Manhatten until they gave up 10 runs in 8th inning. Bret had a good game and then yanked w the lead. We might have used 2 second string relievers who gave up the 10. I'm sure RU is resting up the pitching staff for the 3 game series against Indiana . RU currently sits in 5th place in the Big10. Not bad.

As the Big 10 sits right now, Iowa, Maryland, Nebraska, Illinois, and Ohio St are in the running for at large regional bids with Michigan being very boarderline and on the wrong side. Everyone else must win the Big 10 tourney to get in. Winning the regular season title does you nothing in the Big 10 because the conference is so weak. Look for a max of 3 teams and maybe 4 total to get regional berths.

O'Reilly actually threw yesterday. He is putting together a nice freshman campaign. No doubt they were resting Young in the pen since he threw a lot against Minnesota. Herrmann is such a key for this team. Last year, he was so lights out. He has outings where he flat out dominates and others where he doesnt have his best stuff.

O'Reilly actually threw yesterday. He is putting together a nice freshman campaign. No doubt they were resting Young in the pen since he threw a lot against Minnesota. Herrmann is such a key for this team. Last year, he was so lights out. He has outings where he flat out dominates and others where he doesnt have his best stuff.

Upcoming 2 series are huge, win 2 out of 3 against Indy and Mich St (home ), then things looking bright going into Tourny play.

Originally posted by Abro1975:
Upcoming 2 series are huge, win 2 out of 3 against Indy and Mich St (home ), then things looking bright going into Tourny play.
Your catching Indiana at a good time. They seem to be struggling some. They are a team that just hasn't performed up to where most thought they would be at.

ADVERTISEMENT