ADVERTISEMENT

Wow Shea leaves Geno, and UConn

ScarletteK80

Heisman Winner
Mar 4, 2003
Just noticed this buried in another thread where it will get lost. Wow, always thought Shea would replace the Geno. Guess she got a REAL good offer from Vandy. Will go dig for more info/dirt on this situation.

From the Boneyard(LONG). I picked and read only what was of interest to me. Really strange since she lived, and breathed UConn for so many years.
Yeah, but -

If there is a perception that head coaching experience is going to be needed to become the next UConn coach, then the move would make sense.

Also, in spite of being 67, do you really see Geno - barring an unexpected health issue or something like that - retiring in the near future? Like Vivian, he has spoken to feeling really good about working.

Plus, that's a really decent job. Vandy has a long history of WBB success, though moderate. Both Jim Foster and Melanie Balcomb had stays that would be considered successful at most schools, Stephanie White not so much.

Reactions: eso1989
Yeah, but -

If there is a perception that head coaching experience is going to be needed to become the next UConn coach, then the move would make sense.

Also, in spite of being 67, do you really see Geno - barring an unexpected health issue or something like that - retiring in the near future? Like Vivian, he has spoken to feeling really good about working.

Plus, that's a really decent job. Vandy has a long history of WBB success, though moderate. Both Jim Foster and Melanie Balcomb had stays that would be considered successful at most schools, Stephanie White not so much.
Geno has not looked too healthy this past year, at all. I don't see Vandy as any big WBB team, although maybe Shea thinks she can make it one. If they really want to improve their chances I thought they would go for an experienced head coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT