ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling - 2015-16 Additons

Noticed in the local paper thatLuke Karam from Bethlehem Pa. has de-committed from Bucknell and may be interested in Rutgers. He will be a senior and is a 2 time state champ.

Noticed in the local paper thatLuke Karam from Bethlehem Pa. has de-committed from Bucknell and may be interested in Rutgers. He will be a senior and is a 2 time state champ.

Here is the link to the story. Kid is very good and will be a welcome addition to any team.

http://highschoolsports.lehighvalle...-karam-decommits-from-bucknell-for-wrestling/

It is kind of funny that he de-committed yesterday and coach Goodale had tweeted yesterday that he was doing a wrestling clinic in Lehighton area. Not sure if that is close to Bethlehem Pa.

Last edited:
Here is the link to the story. Kid is very good and will be a welcome addition to any team.

http://highschoolsports.lehighvalle...-karam-decommits-from-bucknell-for-wrestling/

It is kind of funny that he de-committed yesterday and coach Goodale had tweeted yesterday that he was doing a wrestling clinic in Lehighton area. Not sure if that is close to Bethlehem Pa.
Very interesting. PA Power Wrestling rates him the #3 PA recruit in 2016 behind Pletcher & Wood. As an fyi, Suriano dominated Karam 10-0 in 2013 Beast of the East finals.

2 from Bosco ! Very good . Wish we had gotten a quality 197 or Heavy in this class. Glad to see Gentile make it to RU, there was a bit of a 'back story' that apparently did not have legs.

PS- As someone who follows P'burg wrestling and Lehigh Valley Live Wrestling Coverage, Karam is a quality wrestler. I'm so old I remember his dad, Jody, as a great wrestler, lol. Becahi got Sean Reddington out of P'burg (good lightweight, 103). Looking forward to Paetzall, P'burg, coming to RU next season.
P'burg wrestled Warren Hills last week, at the P'burg Football Field, Under the lights, with a pretty good sized crowd of about 1,000 to watch. For Charity.

2 from Bosco ! Very good . Wish we had gotten a quality 197 or Heavy in this class. Glad to see Gentile make it to RU, there was a bit of a 'back story' that apparently did not have legs.

PS- As someone who follows P'burg wrestling and Lehigh Valley Live Wrestling Coverage, Karam is a quality wrestler. I'm so old I remember his dad, Jody, as a great wrestler, lol. Becahi got Sean Reddington out of P'burg (good lightweight, 103). Looking forward to Paetzall, P'burg, coming to RU next season.
P'burg wrestled Warren Hills last week, at the P'burg Football Field, Under the lights, with a pretty good sized crowd of about 1,000 to watch. For Charity.
You remember wrong-his Father is Jeff

Just a guess, but I expect Suriano verbals PSU shortly.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if that happens as I thought he was deciding soon. Hoping Iowa or Nebraska if not us. Really, OTC would be the best but that's less likely.

Edited to add that Micic (Northwestern transfer) committed to Michigan.

Last edited:
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if that happens as I thought he was deciding soon. Hoping Iowa or Nebraska if not us. Really, OTC would be the best but that's less likely.

Edited to add that Micic (Northwestern transfer) committed to Michigan.
I think Suriano goes to Nebraska or PSU

would not be surprised if these tweets from Jordan Burroughs were directed at Suriano.

i bet it would be pretty cool to be recruited by the best american wrestler in a generation.

I'd be saying "its not about location" if I had to sell kids on spending 4 years in Lincoln as well.

Cortez to transfer. He almost choose Rutgers. Do we have a chance to get him? Outstanding high school career.

He sure is a target and we have been aggressive in recruiting him for several years.

wouldn't be surprised to see Bierdumpfel go DIII....

I would be very surprised to see this. That being said I have no inside info on Bierdumpfel. I have watched him since he was a freshman and I really like his style. I think he will translate into a very good D1 wrestler if he goes that route. And would like to see him at RU.

AH, I see the D3 team you are referring too. That's a technicality since its practically an Ivy League D3. LOL

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/h...off-season-for-bosco-wrestling-star-1.1376692
Eh, Stevens is a good school but it isn't an Ivy & Rutgers has a better engineering program. He visited Harvard, UPenn, Princeton, Stevens & Rutgers. I'd worry more about Princeton, Harvard & UPenn, as they all have top 20 engineering programs & he said he values academics first. I wonder how is grades are & whether he'd go to 1 of those 3 without any schollies $.

tough to compete with Ivies, even with scholarship money, as their endowments pay just about every kid's way with a combo of aid and loans. if you can get in, the Ivies will make sure you can afford it.

thats why it's great that a kid with that kind of talent and motivation includes your school on their short list. not bad company!

Eh, Stevens is a good school but it isn't an Ivy & Rutgers has a better engineering program. He visited Harvard, UPenn, Princeton, Stevens & Rutgers. I'd worry more about Princeton, Harvard & UPenn, as they all have top 20 engineering programs & he said he values academics first. I wonder how is grades are & whether he'd go to 1 of those 3 without any schollies $.
Highest starting salary-Stevens...you sure RU has a better engineering program?

I think it depends on if he is more into wrestling or academics as to where he decides to go.

Yes, it's definite. The Bergen Record (northjersey.com) has the story. I'm not bothering to go reread and link it.
No surprise though. RU needs a better wrestling room. The one in the Barn (old College Ave gym) is outdated by 4 decades. Ours might be the crappiest in D1. It's a credit to the staff and team they've done as well as they have with these facilities. At least wrestling most matches at the RAC gives the team a nice venue for the matches. But 95% of the time, they are practicing in the old Barn.

So is it definite Suriano committed to ttfp?

Yes, it's definite. The Bergen Record (northjersey.com) has the story. I'm not bothering to go reread and link it.
No surprise though. RU needs a better wrestling room. The one in the Barn (old College Ave gym) is outdated by 4 decades. Ours might be the crappiest in D1. It's a credit to the staff and team they've done as well as they have with these facilities. At least wrestling most matches at the RAC gives the team a nice venue for the matches. But 95% of the time, they are practicing in the old Barn.
There are other stories on intermatwrestle.com & nj.com. I agree that we are doing more with less right now. We definitely need a new wrestling room & will get it in the new basketball facility. I'm sure the coaches told him that they hoped it would be ready by his sophomore year (2017) but that probably had little impact & who knows if that's even realistic at this point. We need a new practice facility & more $ to fund all 9.9 schollies at OOS rates & bring in even better SKWC wrestlers & assistant coaches.

I am wondering why we didn't go hard after Piccinnini for 125. Was it because we landed Paetzell? Anyone have info; was it our lack of OOS schollie $?

ADVERTISEMENT