ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Scholarships & Financial Data

Absolutely agree. Maybe he cuts to 125. Big ten has alot of long 125lbs. Also you never know who will pan out. The more good wrestlers the better your odds of having a solid lineup.

Nice article on FLO about top redshirts at each weight class. Both Giraldo and Dippery were written up. Cannot provide link. Also, B1G opponents for next year are listed on Rutgers Athletics website. $$$$

I saw Sam Cali wrestle during his freshman year at Seton Hall Prep. Impressed me with his skill and quickness then. His brother was a senior at the school that year and after the brother graduated he transferred to Don Bosco which was an easy commute from where he lived. Good wrestler, good kid and a nice pick up for RU.

Nice link. After looking at the Cali link, I clicked on the Princeton link, they have a Terrific class coming in, probably better than ours.
It probably is.

Btw, does anyone know how Iowa State (10.45) & Oregon State (11.54) gave more than the NCAA max 9.9 schollies?

Leonard, was it you who said Gentile coming to RU was still in question? Anymore insight? Haven't heard anything about him in some time.

Seeing a lot of stuff on Twitter about Rutgers Wrestling moving, whats the word from the inside guys?

Seeing a lot of stuff on Twitter about Rutgers Wrestling moving, whats the word from the inside guys?
Apparently, just new mats in the same wrestling room...for now. Recreation won't allow them to move up to the bigger room in The Barn so they have to wait until the new facility & parking deck are built on Livingston with basketball & they get in there. It's absurd that Recreation has that much power & control.

Rutgers wrestling recruiting class of 2015 ranking 20th by Intermat.

click here for link

full article is behind a paywall but below is the ungated rankings and this one quote from the RU summary I enjoyed "Increased fan interest and engagement along with a robust roster should see Rutgers on the ascendancy going forward."

1. Arizona State
2. Oklahoma State
3. West Virginia
4. Northern Iowa
5. Virginia
6. Ohio State
7. Minnesota
8. Wisconsin
9. Missouri
10. Michigan
11. Oklahoma
12. Iowa
13. Lehigh
14. Virginia Tech
15. Princeton
16. Penn State
17. Oregon State
18. Northwestern
19. Maryland
20. Rutgers
21. Navy
22. Illinois
23. South Dakota State
24. Edinboro
25. North Dakota State

It was a well attended wrestling banquet last night. It truly feels like a family. Based on my observations, we may see Perrotti up at 165 and Gravina challenging at 184. My early two keys to the season are Giraldo making weight at 133 and Backucas continuing to improve. Stay tuned. $$$$

It was a well attended wrestling banquet last night. It truly feels like a family. Based on my observations, we may see Perrotti up at 165 and Gravina challenging at 184. My early two keys to the season are Giraldo making weight at 133 and Backucas continuing to improve. Stay tuned. $$$$

Sorry I couldn't make it last night. I know at the social after the NCAA it was being discussed that Bakuckas going down to 165. Did you get the feeling that, that was not still the plan? I think it is a better lineup with Perrotti 157, Phil 165, Pafumi 174, and Gravina 184 (just my opinion).

Agree that Giraldo almost has to make 133 next year.

I really don't talk to anyone. I just try to observe and guess, which may be dangerous. $$$$

Reactions: obrats
Leaving in only B1G teams from the previous ranking list:

6. Ohio State
7. Minnesota
8. Wisconsin
10. Michigan
12. Iowa
16. Penn State
18. Northwestern
19. Maryland
20. Rutgers
22. Illinois

Leaving in only B1G teams from the previous ranking list:

6. Ohio State
7. Minnesota
8. Wisconsin
10. Michigan
12. Iowa
16. Penn State
18. Northwestern
19. Maryland
20. Rutgers
22. Illinois

Puts it in a much better perspective, have to do better. That being said I believe 2016 is much further along at this point.

Agreed I think RU will start being a stable top 10 in recruiting. Have they fully funded out of state scholarships yet? also is there any word of any ROTC coaches in the fold yet?

ADVERTISEMENT