ADVERTISEMENT

You guys have 6 marquee games this year, what ones will you win?

SpartanJD

Freshman
Dec 3, 2010
@PSU
@UM
@Wisky

MSU
Neb
OSU
at home.

I think you guys can split the road games at PSU/UM if your QB situation shakes out ok. Maybe get NU at home. Other ones will be a tall task.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Agree with your view. Get decent QB play and maybe we knock off PSU on the road and Neb at home.

@PSU
@UM
@Wisky

MSU
Neb
OSU
at home.

I think you guys can split the road games at PSU/UM if your QB situation shakes out ok. Maybe get NU at home. Other ones will be a tall task.
I

I'll take that in a heartbeat with 4-0 OC and wins over MD and IU that's
8 wins. Make the win PSU and its even better

Reactions: RickB113
@PSU
@UM
@Wisky

MSU
Neb
OSU
at home.

PSU and UM. Maybe Nebraska depending on their QB's ability to play in an O that respects arm more than legs

@PSU
@UM
@Wisky

MSU
Neb
OSU
at home.

I'll take any 2 out of Mich, Neb or PSU. Although I never concede a game before playing it, OSU, MSU and Wisc would be davy and goliath upsets.

Then with a 4-0 OOC record and hopefully beating Md and Ind, 8 wins would be a tremendous season.

Nebraska beat Iowa by three on road. Think we are as good as Iowa.

No Abdullah for Nebraska this year and they have a new coach, its not impossible.

PSU, Nebraska, and Michigan State will be a wins. Maybe OSU is everything works out. I think we are looking at a 10-2 record this year.

I think PSU and Mich are both loses this year. My call for an upset is Nebraska at home in Nov. The previous week Neb will have a big home game against MSU. Timing is good for an off game by Nebraska on the road. Tough year for RU in my opinion...they certainly could surprise people but a new starting QB and some young players in the secondary. I'm thinking 6-6 , possibly 7-5 at the very optimum. Not difficult to see something below .500 with the schedule they have.

There is nothing as hopeful as this time of year. As much as I want to jump on the wagon with some of these "wins", I have to see a real QB emerge. If we cannot find the right guy to consistently move the team, we will be offensively dead in the water with just a running game.

QB position is the key. If we have a passing game to balance our run game I see RU winning two of those games on the road and two of those games at home. Poor qb play and RU wins one of those on road and one at home. Hopefully we're not begging for a G. Nova at the end of season.

GO RU

I have to see this team come together during the next month, for a better feel or projections. But, what really bugs me as both a fan, and XJock is when the fan base automatically pencils down losses based on perception. Players are aware of the mindset, feelings, attitude, or whatever you want to call it, of the fan base, and they themselves start doubting. Confidence can overcome some lack of top talent at any given position. But, if that player has doubt...then Penn State, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Michigan State, and Ohio State happen(as last year shows), will eat our lunch.
  • We should have beat Penn State last year, Penn State took Ohio State into overtime(perception), Maryland beat Penn State, we beat Maryland,
  • Maryland beat both Penn State and Michigan, we beat all three...Perception
  • Michigan State beat Purdue 45 to 31, Indiana beat Purdue 23 to 16, we beat Indiana by 22 points.... Perception
The B1G teams have learned how to either beat each other, or play the game. Our first year in the B1G was learning experience, but it should not be just for the players, we the FANS, Alumnus, and supporters, must do exactly that...SUPPORT! We must believe that we can win, then and only then will the players be reinforced with the same knowledge, and tackle better. (:

Reactions: trentonrufan
I would be happy with 1, ecstatic with 2 - anything over 2 I will consider a miracle.

We will win every game on our schedule. UNTIL/IF we lose one. Then ,as a true believer,we will win every game that remains UNTIL/IF we lose the next one. Then as a true believer ETC,ETC,ETC. At this time of the year make yourselves feel good and look forward to a great season. Reality will either confirm or deny in good course.

How can anyone be somewhat confident for a Nebraska win? After watching last years game they can come into our house not mentally prepared and still gut out out a win physically.

Must wins are Mary, Indy and PSU. PSU is one year from contending (I am going to throw up when PSU is contending again and Flood is still spinning his wheels with must wins against Indy).

I put us beating Nebraska at 20%

@PSU<<< winnable>>> Franklin is over rated
@UM,,, New HC/new system/new QB<<<< 3 reason they will lose
@Wisky... very hard to beat them at home BUT Wisky will over look us and surprise we upset them

MSU<<<< MSU is beatable but their HC will have them up for this game
Neb<<< New HC, New O, at our house UPSET and RU wins
OSU<<<< Meyer will have them up but so will Flood titanic battle at our house A game won or lost by a fluke or error Home field advantage RU wins

Reactions: trentonrufan
I'll remember this when we win 7 games and you complain and say everyone was expecting that.
If Rutgers wins 2 out of the 6 games listed you won't hear me complain. Rutgers will be big underdogs in 4 of them and an underdog at Penn State. Maryland is the only game that Rutgers has a good chance of being favored.

If Rutgers wins 2 out of the 6 games listed you won't hear me complain. Rutgers will be big underdogs in 4 of them and an underdog at Penn State. Maryland is the only game that Rutgers has a good chance of being favored.

UM= Michigan not Maryland Whitebus

wins in Happy Valley and Ann Arbor?......sure.

confidence is high, VK
Well its not like yiu need to be a giant killer to accomplish it ....Maryland accomplished it just last year.

Well its not like yiu need to be a giant killer to accomplish it ....Maryland accomplished it just last year.

yeah, you're right.....I mean, I wouldn't be predicting victories or anything.....it'll still be a difficult feat, but you're right, nonetheless.

you might disagree, but I would argue PSU & Michigan will be slightly improved this year (at worst), and Rutgers will take a step back (especially offensively....you'll have to pass the ball at some point)........but none of the teams mentioned are a clear cut front-runner over any of the 3....no doubt about that.

yeah, you're right.....I mean, I wouldn't be predicting victories or anything.....it'll still be a difficult feat, but you're right, nonetheless.

you might disagree, but I would argue PSU & Michigan will be slightly improved this year (at worst), and Rutgers will take a step back (especially offensively....you'll have to pass the ball at some point)........but none of the teams mentioned are a clear cut front-runner over any of the 3....no doubt about that.
We will have to pass and both guys are capable. I don't know that they are ready to throw the ball 59 times but I have e faith they can move the chains when needed. Question for you, will you guys be taking a step back next season after Hack is gone?

How can anyone be somewhat confident for a Nebraska win? After watching last years game they can come into our house not mentally prepared and still gut out out a win physically.

Well, they didn't come into our house last year, we went to them. It was the closest of the four "blowout" games in 2014, with us losing by 18. We lost Nova just before the half, too. This year, they come to us with a new coach and staff, without their two most consistent offensive weapons in Abdullah (who almost single handedly beat us last year) and Bell, and losing 3 OLine starters. They were 78th against the run last year and lose key pieces of their front 7 next year (most importantly Gregory), and we're likely to be run heavy this season - especially if James is healthy, which he wasn't in Lincoln last year.

This is probably our best chance at knocking off one of the teams that beat us by 15+ last year.

We will have to pass and both guys are capable. I don't know that they are ready to throw the ball 59 times but I have e faith they can move the chains when needed. Question for you, will you guys be taking a step back next season after Hack is gone?

good question....strangely, I'm not so sure......

I only say that because our roster will be pretty full of talent, but more importantly.....tenured.....especially the OL. Also, we'll have a top rated scholarship kicker & punter in 2016....which will probably cost us a game or two this year, no doubt.

outside of Hack not being an ideal fit on what Franklin wants to do on offense, I don't think we'll ever see Hack being that comfortable in the pocket and lighting up the field because of the growing pains of the OL.........this year should be better than 2014, but they'll be some inevitable frustrating moments from PSU's offense this year, and even Hack himself because he'll continue to get hit............now, if he stayed in 2016, I think we're talking Heisman candidate.....but i don't think he's sticking around to see that come to fruition......and I don't really blame him.........but hey, ya never now....A Luck came back his senior year when he didn't have to, but I'm not holding my breath.

and honestly...I don't know much about Trace McSorely, but the staff apparently loves him, he runs the type of offense that Franklin wants and ran at Vandy, and he'll be in the system for 3 years..........that being said, yeah...i'm sure they'll be some growing pains there............but the rest of the team?....the 3rd year out of the lowest point of the sanctions?.....3 full Franklin recruiting classes?.....that's a crap load of high-end talent that's had plenty of playing time because they were forced to play early.

I don't care how we do it. I will be very happy to go 6-6. If we go 7-5 during the regular season, I don't know how people can still complain about Coach Flood. (but I know some will still)

I only say that because our roster will be pretty full of talent, but more importantly.....tenured.....especially the OL. Also, we'll have a top rated scholarship kicker & punter in 2016....which will probably cost us a game or two this year, no doubt.

outside of Hack not being an ideal fit on what Franklin wants to do on offense, I don't think we'll ever see Hack being that comfortable in the pocket and lighting up the field because of the growing pains of the OL.........this year should be better than 2014, but they'll be some inevitable frustrating moments from PSU's offense this year, and even Hack himself because he'll continue to get hit............now, if he stayed in 2016, I think we're talking Heisman candidate.....but i don't think he's sticking around to see that come to fruition......and I don't really blame him.........but hey, ya never now....A Luck came back his senior year when he didn't have to, but I'm not holding my breath.

and honestly...I don't know much about Trace McSorely, but the staff apparently loves him, he runs the type of offense that Franklin wants and ran at Vandy, and he'll be in the system for 3 years..........that being said, yeah...i'm sure they'll be some growing pains there............but the rest of the team?....the 3rd year out of the lowest point of the sanctions?.....3 full Franklin recruiting classes?.....that's a crap load of high-end talent that's had plenty of playing time because they were forced to play early.
Honest enough. I pesonally don't think hack finishes the season. A man can only take so much beating.

Jeez, it sucks having a level-headed psu poster on here. I agree with all his posts.
Michigan - is likely to take a small step up but with new coach that's not guaranteed.
PSU - their defense was scary good last year. We will need good QB play to put up some points. I'm hoping their OL is crap again and Turay wrecks 'em. We got a lot of penetration last year. They should take a small step up. If they don't, they're bringing in tons of talent and will most likely be good soon.
RU - The QB and OC will be the big X Factors whether we step up. Our RBs, WRs and starting Oline will be good. I could see us taking a step up, but we have potential to take a step back if QB is not adequate. Our defense will be improved unless we get a rash of injuries.

I think QB is a big risk for us. With good QB play I think we can take psu and MU. Our D would have to take a huge step (which is possible) if QB play is not good. Looking forward to the games.

Reactions: PSUPALY
lol....damn!....that's a brutal prediction, geesh
Nothing to serious. ..I hear he's a good kid so I wouldn't wish injury on him. I spent an entire HS game last season on the sidelines talong to your QB coach. He had great thinge to say abut hI'm as a person. I just think there is a point where he and helicopter dad realize he's only hurting his stock behind thst o line. I know you guys think it will be better but we know from experience an o line doesnt get fixed in one year. Your spring game proved it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT