ADVERTISEMENT

Your tailgating set up

Did you get it yet?

Yes, I got it in March had it for our spring game.

That GoGalley looks sweet. That lift arm just doesnt look robust enough to make a long haul. How has it worked out Jason21psu?

I've only "trailered" it once but so far so good. It has a T screw that once it's lifted you use to secure the arm in place. It also came with a ratchet strap which I definitely recommend using while in transit.

I replied because it may have been my reccomendation...

I does stick pretty far off the back of the vehicle so I can see how bottoming out can be an issue. I have a short bus to trailer my GoGalley and I think my receiver is at 22" above the ground (they say the max is 24") which helps. I've thought about adding small (<1") rollers to the bottom of the frame to help reduce the stress of a bottom out. I'm an engineer so immediately I start looking at things to make it better :) Two improvements I made were: 1. added a trickle charger connector to the battery, like you would do with a motorcycle for easy charging, 2. Added a 1/4" aluminum L to hold the grill grates in places. It came with these clips which I didn't like how they worked. My solution is much simpler. It's clear they are a startup and their idea need refinement. But it's a good start and I'm not opposed to making the improvements I see fit :)

EDIT: I've thought about the winch/cable and decided it's best to use it as little as possible so I don't winch the cable closed after removing from the vehicle. the arm naturally wants to go to the retracted position.

I am immediately skeptical about anything that hangs off a trailer hitch. Plus, technically, it's illegal unless it has lights / flags / some kind of warning device.

The cover has reflective tape on it. I did add red reflective tape to the frame too in case in trailer it without the cover. I'm also lucky in that it doesn't cover my license plate on the bus, which I heard can be an issue.

If anyone is coming up for the game this year you can stop by and check it out.

Gotta watch out for the wannabe Fire Marshall in the Yellow Lot. I've had... "business" with him, myself.

We have at least one kerosene heater, nobody ever hassled us about it. We tend to have a pretty good relationship with the cops in the Blue lot because we always make a point of feeding them. It helps out when the occasional female party guest has too much to drink and stages a public meltdown.

Okay, that last thing only happened one time.

Or never, without pics.

Does anyone have a flag pole that can have 3 flags on it or are all flag poles for 2 flags? Any recommendations?

Don't need pics. There were many, many witnesses. @MrsScrew can attest to this.

Oh I believe you. The whole pics or it never happened thing is more about voyeurism than proof. At least with respect to all things related to the fairer sex. At least to me.

Hm... I seem to have outed myself as a dirty old man. Damn.

I
My buddy added an RU canopy to the tan one we have. But the best purchases were a portable L shaped bar last week and a spinning wheel so we have a reason to do stupid crap. "Yeah, the wheel made me do it haha." I need to get a portable flag pole next and we are eyeing a genny and TV the following year. I love my 4 foot event grill from Sams Club because of the surface area and the ease with witch it travels.

Sorry late to the thread

We have 5 yellow passes and about 25-30 people show for tailgates. Multiple tables and flagpoles and canopy's. I hook up my grill to my hitch ( https://partykinggrills.com/ ) I have had it about 5 years and it is still in great condition. One caveat, that is a new design grill on the website, not the one I have.

Every game another group has the responsibility for bringing the main dish. We go from Italian, meatball, sausages sandwiches etc, to Greek, Lamb Souvlaki, to Texas Barbecue to name a few. Everyone else brings the apps and deserts. It is BYOB.

I am thinking of bringing my 20 foot party canopy this year for bad weather games. Do you get any crap for a tent that size?

Sorry late to the thread

We have 5 yellow passes and about 25-30 people show for tailgates. Multiple tables and flagpoles and canopy's. I hook up my grill to my hitch ( https://partykinggrills.com/ ) I have had it about 5 years and it is still in great condition. One caveat, that is a new design grill on the website, not the one I have.

Every game another group has the responsibility for bringing the main dish. We go from Italian, meatball, sausages sandwiches etc, to Greek, Lamb Souvlaki, to Texas Barbecue to name a few. Everyone else brings the apps and deserts. It is BYOB.

I am thinking of bringing my 20 foot party canopy this year for bad weather games. Do you get any crap for a tent that size?

Plus you have the original Queens flag!

Reactions: RC1978
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT