ADVERTISEMENT

“ No turning back 🎃”

Better if we were playing Nebraska or Iowa this week. The whole cornfield thing.

I shall correct myself. From the official Indiana state government website.

"A theory attributed to Gov. Joseph Wright derived Hoosier from an Indian word for corn, "hoosa." Indiana flatboatmen taking corn or maize to New Orleans came to be known as "hoosa men" or Hoosiers."

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Better if we were playing Nebraska or Iowa this week. The whole cornfield thing.
One of my sister's best friends grew up on a huge corn farm in Indiana. Monstrous in size. So big this farmer has one of the largest special suites for the Indy 500.

It fits.

I shall correct myself. From the official Indiana state government website.

"A theory attributed to Gov. Joseph Wright derived Hoosier from an Indian word for corn, "hoosa." Indiana flatboatmen taking corn or maize to New Orleans came to be known as "hoosa men" or Hoosiers."

We lived in Northwest Indiana (St. John's) for a year and it was just corn fields for as far as the eye could see...and they sold corn EVERYWHERE...and there were, indeed, Children of the Corn there.....so yeah, corn is apropos 😎

One of my sister's best friends grew up on a huge corn farm in Indiana. Monstrous in size. So big this farmer has one of the largest special suites for the Indy 500.

It fits.
What’s monstrous in size - the farm or the corn?

ADVERTISEMENT