ADVERTISEMENT

“RAC Pass” Provides Access to all 22 Men’s Basketball Games / Instructions How To Use App In Thread

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
These mobile-only tickets will be delivered to the iPhone or Android phone of the registered purchaser on a game-by-game basis upon arrival at the RAC utilizing geo-fence perimeter technology. The passes are non-transferable, unprintable and can only be used by the purchaser and/or other designated ticket holders.

RAC Pass seat locations will vary, depending upon the available seating inventory of the particular game.

http://www.scarletknights.com/news/...s-to-all-22-mens-basketball-games-for-99.aspx

Is this considered a season ticket that counts towards consecutive years of buying (priority points)?

These mobile-only tickets will be delivered to the iPhone or Android phone of the registered purchaser on a game-by-game basis upon arrival at the RAC utilizing geo-fence perimeter technology. The passes are non-transferable, unprintable and can only be used by the purchaser and/or other designated ticket holders.

RAC Pass seat locations will vary, depending upon the available seating inventory of the particular game.

http://www.scarletknights.com/news/...s-to-all-22-mens-basketball-games-for-99.aspx
Will I get 100 level seating if available?

So, for the price of less than face value of 2 of the 22 games I paid for as a regular season ticket holder in the 100s (not including scholarship fund donation or even parking pass for all 22 games) these people will be sitting next to me for the majority of a 22 game schedule. Uh, okay. They’ve gone from one extreme (dynamic football pricing) to the other (completely devaluing regular basketball season tickets paid for by the most loyal fans).

Since it’s so limited hopefully this will turn into a positive and grow some loyal more rabid longer term fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Gotta believe these seats will always be in the 300s.
300 level for CCNY and Central Connecticut when at least half the 200 level will be empty?
I'm curious how this will work.
I can see the first game being an utter debacle with the ticket takers knowing nothing about it.
Kinda like security with the seat cushions at the first football game.

So, for the price of less than face value of 2 of the 22 games I paid for as a regular season ticket holder in the 100s (not including scholarship fund donation or even parking pass for all 22 games) these people will be sitting next to me for the majority of a 22 game schedule.

First off, the tickets aren't transferrable so it is only the price of two of your tickets if the holder goes to every game. If you can't (or don't want to) make a game, you can give away or sell your tickets. The holder of these type of passes cannot. Second, the seat location isn't fixed and determined when the gate opens so the holder is going to be all over the RAC depending on the demand. One game might luck out with 100 level, another might be in the upper corner of 301.

I think it is an interesting way to get casual fans interested and possibly convert to full season tickets next year.

My designated rep just confirmed that the "computer" will assign seats based upon best available. So, yes, if 100 level seats available, someone with this ticket will be sitting there.

How does the fencing thing work? You'll only be activate a ticket once you're in, say, 1000 feet of the RAC?

Reactions: rubigtimenow
What if a game is sold out? Will an inventory of tickets be held back for this?

I fully admit we are unlikely to have any sellouts although I imagine that Seton Hall will have a big crowd.

Also, can you buy 2 passes and if yes, will the seats be together?

I fully admit we are unlikely to have any sellouts although I imagine that Seton Hall will have a big crowd.

It says you can buy up to four.

Same question I have. At some point they'll have to hold 200 tickets for every game, otherwise this wouldn't work. If the team is half decent, there will likely be multiple games that get within 200 seats of a sellout.

I asked if you buy two will the seats be together. NOONE KNOWS. At least my rep did not know. The theory is that they will be, but it will depend on availability.

When I suggested that the 100 level seats should go to season ticket holders in the 200 and 300 level, my Rep was speechless.

If they could figure how to assign seats to this type of ticket, they could figure out how to tell people they have a seat upgrade.

It's doesn't state that

Call ticket office tomorrow
Maybe season ticket buyers can convert their standard assigned seat purchase to this best available seat plan. Selling this plan and knowing the expected light attendance, there will be plenty of good seats to be had.

Reactions: bac2therac

Seton hall will be a sell out imo

I would be very interested for two seats but don't have much faith on execution here

Will stick to effective plan of buying 300s and picking my spot in 200s (for most games)

If they are smart....and i think they are....I'd think eventually they'd find a way to get loyal 200s season ticket holders in to those seats and you'd get theirs
Thanks for thinking of me but I'll keep my 200 level tickets. I had 5 years down in the 100's and decided to move back because of a better view of the court.

Reactions: TobyTyler1
I asked if you buy two will the seats be together. NOONE KNOWS. At least my rep did not know. The theory is that they will be, but it will depend on availability.

When I suggested that the 100 level seats should go to season ticket holders in the 200 and 300 level, my Rep was speechless.

If they could figure how to assign seats to this type of ticket, they could figure out how to tell people they have a seat upgrade.
What you're suggesting, while nice in a perfect world, would be far too complicated.

Only 200 opening
This new offering is a deep discount over 200 level season tickets, no? Ushers pay no attention to who sits where, except at the 100 level. At Rutgers Stadium, ushers pay even less attention to who rushed into the empty prime seats, two minutes into the game.

Reactions: Local Shill
This new offering is a deep discount over 200 level season tickets, no? Ushers pay no attention to who sits where, except at the 100 level. At Rutgers Stadium, ushers pay even less attention to who rushed into the empty prime seats, two minutes into the game.
You're absolutely right. Rutgers should worry a little less about people bringing a little food into the game and a bit more about how what you mentioned screws people who pay a lot of money for good seats.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr_Twister
Okay, fine, I stand corrected. I suppose if someone is buying 1 ticket, they have a decent chance of landing an open 100 level seat. However, if you're looking at 2+ seats I would doubt you'll ever sit in 100s and i also doubt you'll sit in middle 3 sections of the 200s.

I think it’s f...d up for someone like me who pays for 4 season tickets in the 200 level.

Not happy with this nonsense at all.
If the news today was that the price in 200 level just doubled, would you be on here complaining how it wasn't fair and you wanted to pay more to make it fair?
Also, if you're truly upset about it, call your ticket agent and tell him you want to switch to the RAC pass (they will allow the switch if you plead your case). My guess is you won't make that trade.

Thanks for thinking of me but I'll keep my 200 level tickets. I had 5 years down in the 100's and decided to move back because of a better view of the court.
In general, your premise is wrong. Especially the 100s across the court from the team benchs. Great seats for watching college hoops. The 200s are a good value, but you do not have a better view. You have a pretty good view.

You're absolutely right. Rutgers should worry a little less about people bringing a little food into the game and a bit more about how what you mentioned screws people who pay a lot of money for good seats.
I have Section 105 tickets for football. Two minutes into almost every game, hordes of people with shallow pockets descend on the section. The worst part, most of them are college students of the opponent. And you leave with the feeling that you are a patron of the program. Being taken ($$$$$). Big-time.

ADVERTISEMENT