ADVERTISEMENT

“RAC Pass” Provides Access to all 22 Men’s Basketball Games / Instructions How To Use App In Thread

I spent time in sections 102 & 105. I think I have a better view in the lower rows of 203 close to 204. The radio crew is a few steps away from me and the TV camera
and crew are nearby. I've yet to see any basketball games where the main TV camera is close to the floor.
I have owned season tickets both in the 100s and 200s as well. I winter in Florida and decided to return to my original 200 level seats. The 100 level seats were great, almost like being at a high school game, but became prohibitively expensive with me giving away almost all the Big Ten games. Having said that, if the 100s and 200s were priced the same, I would pick the 100 level every time. The view is superb, you hear the squeak of sneakers, you are close enough to appreciate some of the players' emotions and swagger and personality, you have a better appreciation of the speed and athleticism up close, and you have a stronger sense of the body contact and establishing position. The backless 300 seats are the only seats you'd have to pay me to watch a game.

Reactions: ColonelRutgers
I picked up the RAC pass today. I was going to purchase 100 level season tickets, but I just bought a house in Monmouth County, so it won't be as easy for me to make as many games as I used to from Hoboken. In my situation, this is perfect as I can attend any game that I can actually get to without sacrificing a bunch of cash for the games I can't make (which will probably be a lot).

I'm actually really happy to see RU offering this. I had a conversation with a friend who works in marketing for the Atlanta Hawks and she told me that this type of ticket was a huge seller for their team. They found that these types of passes typically are used by people who tend to use the game as a night out and the holders of these passes typically outspend regular season ticket holders on food and beverage by 3:1.

Reactions: RUsojo
I bought 2. Do we need the Gameday app in order to use the tickets, anyone know?

I bought 2. Do we need the Gameday app in order to use the tickets, anyone know?
My understanding was that we will get an email when we get within the perimeter of the arena.

If this works like it does at other venues, you will basically be able to "activate" your ticket when you get to the RAC. I would imagine the geo-fence will probably reach some part of the parking lot. Upon activating, the ticketing system will search the open inventory, then assign a seat to your ticket activation. I don't know if 100s will ever be a part of the open inventory, but if they were, the only chance you'd probably have to get one of those seats is if you bought a single RAC Pass.

If this works like it does at other venues, you will basically be able to "activate" your ticket when you get to the RAC. I would imagine the geo-fence will probably reach some part of the parking lot. Upon activating, the ticketing system will search the open inventory, then assign a seat to your ticket activation. I don't know if 100s will ever be a part of the open inventory, but if they were, the only chance you'd probably have to get one of those seats is if you bought a single RAC Pass.

Right, but I guess my question is: "Where IS the ticket?" What, specifically, activates?

The way I imagine would be the smoothest is if I get the Rutgers Gameday app and it's built into that somewhow. But I haven't seen anything indicating this is the case, so I wasn't sure.

Reactions: Local Shill
It's a great promotion and a way to get people invested in going to Rutgers basketball games. What do we all love about the RAC? The atmosphere and the noise! The only way to get there is by filling the place by whatever means necessary. This is a great option and way to do that, and creates some ancillary revenue for the school on top of that.

Season ticket holders and donors - you do those things out of desire, having the means, and having a passion for Rutgers basketball. Isn't filling the RAC more beneficial? Yes it will be more crowded, and yes people may get a great deal out of it. But realistically, how many times has the RAC actually sold out over the past decade?

This is great promotion with benefits for everyone. I understand the complaints about people getting a better deal than season ticket holders - but remember where that $ is going. Back to the athletic department. Consider it part of your yearly donation if that makes you feel better.

Go RU!

Very, VERY well put!

Reactions: RUsojo and jrh51
I bought one today. It is cheap enough. The number of passes you buy limits your location since the number of seats need to be all together. The bigger the game, the worse the location will be.

I bought 2. But if I only go myself does anyone know if it will still assign me 2 tickets or can I request just one?

Right, but I guess my question is: "Where IS the ticket?" What, specifically, activates?

The way I imagine would be the smoothest is if I get the Rutgers Gameday app and it's built into that somewhow. But I haven't seen anything indicating this is the case, so I wasn't sure.
On the GameDay app. See the fine print:
racpass_3_.jpg

Doesn't look like the RAC Pass has been built into the app yet, unless I'm missing it. No way to link your account in the app.

Reactions: Local Shill
Still available apparently as an email went out this morning. Hundreds of thousand of alums and we can't sell 200 of these?

I got mine early on yesterday. Have we considered the possibility that the ticket office's software has failed to cap it at 200?

How the hell are these still available?

Probably because those who are most interested in attending basketball games already have season tickets. And people who only expect to attend 4 games can get a FlexPlan for $60. Or you can get single game tickets in the 300's for $15. So this pass only makes sense if you expect to attend 7 or more games and don't want to buy season tickets in the 200 or 100 level.

Reactions: gregkoko
How the hell are these still available?
I go to half dozen games a year, buy $15 ticket and move where I want to. so doesn't make sense for me to buy.

Side note was just browsing availability for singles and it's crazy 103 row f is avail vs Florida State .

Side note was just browsing availability for singles and it's crazy 103 row f is avail vs Florida State .
I don't know any RU supporters willing to shell out $85 for a hoops ducat.

I've been a men's hoops and football STH since 1994 and I know dozens of Rutgers sports fans. Simply, it's tough to sell tix for that much moolah. RU diehard hoops fans willing to pay that much already have season tix. It's much more likely a Florida State fan would pay the freight, considering him/her would only be attending that particular game.

Reactions: TobyTyler1
Just bought 2 myself yesterday
How do they know when arriving at the rac that it's tied to my account? I don't se anywhere to login on Gameday

I assume the app will be updated some time before the 10th, at which point you'll log on after entering whatever geofencing radius they set up and it will assign you tickets.

I met my Ticket Rep on Weds. to pick up some extra Football tickets for this weekend. I asked him to show me how to get the tickets in the app, because I also could not find how to log into my account to get the Tickets. He had me open the app, scroll the bottom all the way to the tickets logo, tap it, then tap the link under the work tickets, you will be brought, through the internet, to the Rutgers ticket site, on the upper right are three bars, tap that, then you will see the "sign in" as the third option, sign into your account. I was then told that once you are signed in, the RAC Pass Tickets will appear in your account, you tap the ticket and it will download and open on your phone. The first few games will be interesting to see how this works out. I am satisfied that most of the issues will be not know how this works. The system seems easy and is being used by other PRO teams, the JETS included.

I also confirmed, if I can't make the game, if someone else has the app and I will let them log into my account, they can get the ticket and use it.

The real question I have is does anyone other than us, mostly season ticket holders already, know anything about this. I haven't seen this advertised anywhere, but on RU websites and media. A Pretty limited audience.

I do hope they make it easier than that to do, but we'll see. I'll be up in Vermont for the first game so I'll be interested to read how it goes and then use it for the Central Connecticut game.

ADVERTISEMENT