ADVERTISEMENT

1/31: Just a taste of 2023 NCAA BACATOLOGY

NW looking good on the road @wiscy. Great defense as usual. Up 7 with like 6 minutes left in the 1st.

I know I’m supposed to be rooting for Wiscy but it’s hard.

Penn state and Wisconsin now 5-7 on confeence and play each other this Wednesday

Both have concerning net rankings

Loser of this game has a sone serious lifting to do to get back in the ncaa picture

Northwestern with an inportant win …

Net ranking will move up from 57

However

They really need to beat OSU on the road on Thursday …

After that , their next three are Purdue , Indiana and Illinois ….ouch

A loss to Ohio state put them at 7-6 and in peril of a major losing streak , being 8-8 or 7-9 or worse with a falling net

I look at the match up in the middle of the big ten and get the hunch that the big ten is getting 7 , ans rhe 8th will be who gets hot out of Michigan , Penn state , Wisconsin or northwestern

Northwestern with an inportant win …

Net ranking will move up from 57

However

They really need to beat OSU on the road on Thursday …

After that , their next three are Purdue , Indiana and Illinois ….ouch

A loss to Ohio state put them at 7-6 and in peril of a major losing streak , being 8-8 or 7-9 or worse with a falling net

I look at the match up in the middle of the big ten and get the hunch that the big ten is getting 7 , ans rhe 8th will be who gets hot out of Michigan , Penn state , Wisconsin or northwestern
Michigan and Northwestern schedules are pretty brutal. Definitely gonna be an interesting race.

Reactions: Scangg
I would say the bubble is shrinking instead of expanding which it should in early February....maybe only 15 schools or so on the OUT list contending, last week more like 20

Reactions: biker7766
Last 12 in (not in exact order)
Arkansas
New Mexico
Clemson
Boise State
Northwestern
Kentucky
Memphis
USC
West Virginia
Oklahoma State
Pittsburgh
Nevada

First 12 out (not in exact order)
Wisconsin
Texas A&M
Penn State
Seton Hall
Virginia Tech
Oregon
Arizona State
Florida
Mississippi State
Utah State
Charleston
Wake Forest

About the only other team worth considering is Oklahoma but they have such an uphill climb with their schedule. Ohio State needs to win 5 of 6 to get to 16-13 before we can talk about them. I don't even know if anyone else is worth entertaining.

Last 12 in (not in exact order)
Arkansas
New Mexico
Clemson
Boise State
Northwestern
Kentucky
Memphis
USC
West Virginia
Oklahoma State
Pittsburgh
Nevada

First 12 out (not in exact order)
Wisconsin
Texas A&M
Penn State
Seton Hall
Virginia Tech
Oregon
Arizona State
Florida
Mississippi State
Utah State
Charleston
Wake Forest

About the only other team worth considering is Oklahoma but they have such an uphill climb with their schedule. Ohio State needs to win 5 of 6 to get to 16-13 before we can talk about them. I don't even know if anyone else is worth entertaining.
No disagreement from me (because you clarified that it’s not in order). Nevada doesn’t look like an NCAA team but can’t place any of your outs above them. A&M is closest and if they beat Auburn tomorrow I’d put them in (for now).

Pitt also has a better resume than some of the teams you have above them, Memphis for sure. Probably WVU too though I know WVU blew them out @Pitt

You guys think Carolina is safely in? Their only good wins are Michigan and Nc State.

in Response to KCG 88 Think more B1G teams still on Bubble and higher than OSU:

Not ready to write Michigan off as much as I detest Juwan. Two winnable against Wiscy. Have Nebraska. Split against Indy? Illinois and RU. I think that’s bubbly.

Maryland and PSU play each other 2x. Maryland still definitely bubbly too.

Last edited:
Of all the bubble teams - Wake Forest making the field would probably help us the most from a seeding perspective.

For this reason, (unless they fall out of the picture with a landmine loss), I think we’re probably rooting for their bubbler opponents (Wisconsin, Clemson and VTech) to do well the rest of the way.

Reactions: cicero grimes
in Response to KCG 88 Think more B1G teams still on Bubble and higher than OSU:

Not ready to write Michigan off as much as I detest Juwan. Two winnable against Wiscy. Have Nebraska. Split against Indy? Illinois and RU. I think that’s bubbly.

Maryland and PSU play each other 2x. Maryland still definitely bubbly too.
Michigan should probably be in the mix. Maryland I have as safely above that list of 12. They're 16-7 with no bad losses. Wins over Indiana, Illinois, and Miami all looking good.

Reactions: G- RUnit
Michigan should probably be in the mix. Maryland I have as safely above that list of 12. They're 16-7 with no bad losses. Wins over Indiana, Illinois, and Miami all looking good.
Could see a Maryland v SHU game. NCAA and CBS wouldn’t do that right? ;-)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT