ADVERTISEMENT

1 more olympic down! When is Litterio done?

rutpsychward

Senior
Gold Member
Nov 23, 2014
Complete joke. He has no business being hc. Cundari orDuffy would both be better. Go out and get a non alum with a real history of winning/. Just like maryland did. The wes chester coach. The st johns coach lives in nj.

I dont follow the others. Litterio is just an absurd hire. Two have two coaches working for you who are better by every measure must be strange
And like mens soccer, RU baseball has a proud history. I just wish someone would step up and give them a legit baseball stadium with lighting, concessions, broadcasting, etc. A 4k stadium is big enough.

Reactions: Richie O
And like mens soccer, RU baseball has a proud history. I just wish someone would step up and give them a legit baseball stadium with lighting, concessions, broadcasting, etc. A 4k stadium is big enough.
completely agree. Hill's old school attitude probably hurt facilities. We dont even need that big. A real d1 facility would be fine. One of our best programs, no coach, no stadium.

Silly post in November when you know it’s not going to have any chance of happening until following this season.
not a silly post. it was supposed to happen last year. He never should have been hired. He should be fired now and let duffy be interim.

not a silly post. it was supposed to happen last year. He never should have been hired. He should be fired now and let duffy be interim.

Well he was hired, It didn’t happen last year, and it sure as hell is not going to happen during the middle of the school year while they’re getting ready for another season lol... So, in my humble opinion, silly post right now BUT Don’t get me wrong: I agree, he needs to go!

Reactions: seansherm
Rutgers Scarlet Knights (American Athletic Conference) (2014)
2014 Rutgers 30–25 14–9 T–3rd AAC Tournament
Rutgers Scarlet Knights (Big Ten Conference) (2015–present)
2015 Rutgers 19–35–1 7–17 11th
2016 Rutgers 27–28 9–15 11th
2017 Rutgers 19–34 7–16 10th
2018 Rutgers 25–25 7–16 11th

4 full seasons 2 highest loss totals ever. Tournament contender to not even make our conference tournament hill should have left when he decided to stop trying in recruiting. Litterio is beyond a joke. How long is his contract>

Well he was hired, It didn’t happen last year, and it sure as hell is not going to happen during the middle of the school year while they’re getting ready for another season lol... So, in my humble opinion, silly post right now BUT Don’t get me wrong: I agree, he needs to go!
I know you are a big baseball fan. I just hate having a team that was really good run by a guy who never should have been hired. Recruits hate him. He has a terrible rep in state.

Do you know what happened with the lights and score board from bears stadium?

I know you are a big baseball fan. I just hate having a team that was really good run by a guy who never should have been hired. Recruits hate him. He has a terrible rep in state.
Did not know this was reason Littero has not been able to get players to stay. Was he hired by Julie?

Did not know this was reason Littero has not been able to get players to stay. Was he hired by Julie?
he wasnt really hired. He took over interim for hill and then like only rutgers would do there was no search. people have mentioned he is disliked in nj recruiting. Others would have more details on why exactly.

Rutgers Scarlet Knights (American Athletic Conference) (2014)
2014 Rutgers 30–25 14–9 T–3rd AAC Tournament
Rutgers Scarlet Knights (Big Ten Conference) (2015–present)
2015 Rutgers 19–35–1 7–17 11th
2016 Rutgers 27–28 9–15 11th
2017 Rutgers 19–34 7–16 10th
2018 Rutgers 25–25 7–16 11th

4 full seasons 2 highest loss totals ever. Tournament contender to not even make our conference tournament hill should have left when he decided to stop trying in recruiting. Litterio is beyond a joke. How long is his contract>

Not only that, but Litterio's only good year was with all of Hill's leftovers. The longer he's had a chance to make a stamp on this program, the worse it has gotten. Not to mention he's regarded by pretty much all of the state as a joke and I've heard horror stories about how bad of a recruiter he is. The past couple years he's tried to pad the schedule as much as possible, but he can't escape from conference play where he gets exposed.

He was only hired because he snuck onto Hill's staff and set this situation up for himself under the incompetent Hermann era. He's exactly the type of coach we need to get rid of to get rid of this small time mentality

Not only that, but Litterio's only good year was with all of Hill's leftovers. The longer he's had a chance to make a stamp on this program, the worse it has gotten. Not to mention he's regarded by pretty much all of the state as a joke and I've heard horror stories about how bad of a recruiter he is. The past couple years he's tried to pad the schedule as much as possible, but he can't escape from conference play where he gets exposed.

He was only hired because he snuck onto Hill's staff and set this situation up for himself under the incompetent Hermann era. He's exactly the type of coach we need to get rid of to get rid of this small time mentality
Definitely not to get dramatic but he really is emblamatic of rutgers athletic department problems overall. I hear many mention he is a disaster as a recruiter where is literally disliked our worse by most. I would like to hear more because should be impossible virtually. Do you know any specific stories?

I mean wagner is a tough place to win. However being absolutely terrible there certainly not an indicator of success. We need a real coaching search including non alums and to hire a real coach. I thought his deal ended last season any infor on that?

When is his contract up. Hopefully he gets swept aside soon.

I know him directly as a person and think he is a solid guy. I hope the team exceeds expectations this year and the haters have to saddle up for more Litt.
Nothing worse the the solid guy stuff. Do you think a coach with that record deserves to be fired. Especially taking over a solid program and turning them into a joke, Why cant he recruit. Why do many of the key recruiting people think he is a jerk? Seriously. He wont exceed anything other than perhaps that all time most losses in season record he set TWICE! Also the only chance the team has would be the two more qualified coaches who work for him helping the team win.

I know him directly as a person and think he is a solid guy. I hope the team exceeds expectations this year and the haters have to saddle up for more Litt.
I hope he picks it up as well. He does seem to have some solid talent coming in this year, including those two redshirts who should supply some pop in the lineup. It is too bad that two of the good freshmen arms from last year do not seem to be on the roster. Do you know if they are redshirting for injury?

I hope he picks it up as well. He does seem to have some solid talent coming in this year, including those two redshirts who should supply some pop in the lineup. It is too bad that two of the good freshmen arms from last year do not seem to be on the roster. Do you know if they are redshirting for injury?
I dont know they will definitely be big losses. Is just heatter and kiernan. Also does anyone have an idea about joe neglia. He led the team in era looked to be a solid closer potentially then just off the roster.

I dont know they will definitely be big losses. Is just heatter and kiernan. Also does anyone have an idea about joe neglia. He led the team in era looked to be a solid closer potentially then just off the roster.
Neglia seems to be back on the roster after he was out for arm surgery. That is why I am hopeful that the other two might be back despite not appearing on the roster. I was hoping someone with actual knowledge might fill us in.

Neglia seems to be back on the roster after he was out for arm surgery. That is why I am hopeful that the other two might be back despite not appearing on the roster. I was hoping someone with actual knowledge might fill us in.
That is good about neglia. I seemed there was some issue with heatter that was off the field. Hopefully they are back at some point. Would like to hear from someone who knows. I think the mods plan some baseball coverage.

I heard some stuff about Heatter and Kiernan and they will not be back with the program. Litterio may be a good guy to speak with, but is a very different person when coaching the team. From day one I've heard stories about him pointing out "his guys". If you weren't one of "his guys" aka if he didn't like you, he treated you differently than everyone else he did like. And apparently he made this pretty clear. He's big on playing favorites. Essentially if two people made the exact same mistake whether on or off the field, it was handled completely differently depending on what your name was

I heard some stuff about Heatter and Kiernan and they will not be back with the program. Litterio may be a good guy to speak with, but is a very different person when coaching the team. From day one I've heard stories about him pointing out "his guys". If you weren't one of "his guys" aka if he didn't like you, he treated you differently than everyone else he did like. And apparently he made this pretty clear. He's big on playing favorites. Essentially if two people made the exact same mistake whether on or off the field, it was handled completely differently depending on what your name was

Funny I’ve heard the same exact thing regarding a pitcher on the roster. From day one he felt like he never had a chance because he wasn’t “one of his guys.” Tit for tat he just wasn’t treated the same as other pictchers on a daily basis.

Reactions: BAMM87
Complete joke. He has no business being hc. Cundari orDuffy would both be better. Go out and get a non alum with a real history of winning/. Just like maryland did. The wes chester coach. The st johns coach lives in nj.

Would be interesting to see in Blankmeyer would leave St Johns. Shorter commute and he would no longer be in the same conference as his brother in law at SHU. He has recruited NJ as well as anyone local.

Reactions: rutpsychward
Need to hire a successful Div-1 coach who has a record of recruiting a wide geographic area (baseball hotbeds). Lots of southern schools have coaches being paid peanuts, especially schools from smaller conferences. The idea that we hired a coach from Wagner College is ludicrous. It was a courtesy hire.
There are lots of programs to poach a coach. Rutgers is #160 in this list. Lots of unknown programs above us. Is the Dallas Baptist coach available?

https://www.masseyratings.com/cbase/compare.htm

Last edited:
Funny I’ve heard the same exact thing regarding a pitcher on the roster. From day one he felt like he never had a chance because he wasn’t “one of his guys.” Tit for tat he just wasn’t treated the same as other pictchers on a daily basis.
Despite comments from BaseballFan913, this alone would be good reason to dump him. Don’t need to push that kind of crap. Set the standard and have everyone equally ascend to it. Screw up and you are treated the same regardless.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Despite comments from BaseballFan913, this alone would be good reason to dump him. Don’t need to push that kind of crap. Set the standard and have everyone equally ascend to it. Screw up and you are treated the same regardless.

Absolutely agree. It would be one thing if he wasnt terrible and was having issues. He sucks and is having these issues. I think the other pitcher being talked about is a pitcher who was considered a pretty good prospect and basically hasnt pitched much.

We need a real hire and search and it shouldnt be an alumni unless he is best. The vandy assistant from westchester. Some with a record of winning and putting hitters or pitchers into the draft.

This is almost three years ago,but I was told by someone pretty high up in Athletics that Rutgers was trying to get lights and other parts of Newark Bears and Eagles Stadium when it is demolished. Don't forget, Campbells Field ,former home of the Camden Riversharks minor league team, is also being demolished to make way for the Rutgers expansion on the Camden campus. I do not know if demolition has started on either stadium. Both are under twenty years old.--I have also heard of plans to reposition the Rutgers Baseball "stadium" in Piscataway so home plate and the outfield would not be where they currently are. Everything is needed--seats with better views, lights,real bathrooms,concessions stands, a real press box so games can be televised better,etc.Rutgers baseball also needs to have more youth and high school tournaments on campus so New Jerseyans become more familiar with their baseball team and university. It is crazy that the state high school playoffs are at high school fields in Ocean County.

Reactions: rutpsychward
This is almost three years ago,but I was told by someone pretty high up in Athletics that Rutgers was trying to get lights and other parts of Newark Bears and Eagles Stadium when it is demolished. Don't forget, Campbells Field ,former home of the Camden Riversharks minor league team, is also being demolished to make way for the Rutgers expansion on the Camden campus. I do not know if demolition has started on either stadium. Both are under twenty years old.--I have also heard of plans to reposition the Rutgers Baseball "stadium" in Piscataway so home plate and the outfield would not be where they currently are. Everything is needed--seats with better views, lights,real bathrooms,concessions stands, a real press box so games can be televised better,etc.Rutgers baseball also needs to have more youth and high school tournaments on campus so New Jerseyans become more familiar with their baseball team and university. It is crazy that the state high school playoffs are at high school fields in Ocean County.
The biggest thing missing is the right leadership.

We’ve got a freshman catcher from Millburn who was drafted.
He loves Lit.
he us a talent. The point is even if he was a great guy his record still deserves to see him fired and he was never qualified to be hired in the first place.

Have they transferred or just decided not to play anymore? Who’s choice was that for them to leave the program?

ADVERTISEMENT